You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Otherwise the whole ordeal was disgraceful and downgrading to him and the club.

Yes it was, and still is. But then so was our football for much of his regime.

If he had remained the manager who won the European Cup with a shit squad, persisted with Peter Crouch when the whole world was howling for him to be rubbish, won the FA Cup in his second season, got us to a second European Cup final in three years ... then there could be no argument. Unfortunately that manager walked out the morning after Athens and was never seen again. His position became untenable and he would have gone from any top club in the world after last season's collapse.

What should be exercising you is the cunts who are raping our club and who haven't got a fucking clue about appointing a half decent replacement, but instead we get Rafa this and Rafa that and endless infighting amongst his supporters and detractors. Even after he's gone.

Some shameful things were said about him on here and it's a great pity that some people went to the lengths they did to agitate against him, but he's gone now and this thread is about the next manager and the shitstorm of a selection process we're being subjected to.

Half this thread has been as much about Rafa as anything else. Give it a fucking rest.

I feel sections that were created during Rafa's reign have grown that used to disagreeing with each other that they can't help but argue now whether it's actually what they think or not.

In my opinion I can't agree with anyone who thinks Hodgson is a better option than Dalglish for Liverpool Football Club. I can see the arguements for other managers being a better option but I really can't for Hodgson.

We're fortunate here. Over on .tv they have a thread that for 36 pages continually refers to Kenny as a 'blackmailer' and a 'shameful man'. Apparently he's ruining the club by not allowing Purslow to appoint Woy, if that is the case.

Jesus wept--twice.

Did you see Neo's thread in FD about that? One of the most respected posters in EST and also one of the people calling Kenny said he would trust Purslow over Kenny and that Kenny has backed out of every managerial job he has ever been in. Guess which country he's from...

Did you see Neo's thread in FD about that? One of the most respected posters in EST and also one of the people calling Kenny said he would trust Purslow over Kenny and that Kenny has backed out of every managerial job he has ever been in. Guess which country he's from...

Do you think they've been offered incentives to post such shite?

A reasonable explanation for that sort of insanity.

That is the thing GC. Some people are saying or implying we will have a mass exodus of our best players because Hodgson is to be appointed when it isn't just because of that.

I reckon the likes of Carragher will be happy with Hodgson and no doubt Murphy has been having a word in their shell-like about how good he has been for him and help rejuvenate his career when it was stagnating prior to Hodgson.

I totally agree John but weren't a few people saying gerrard & torres will leave if Rafa stayed? Everything i've heard from couple of people who have spoken openly to stevie and nando is that everything purely rests with the ownership/ambition of the club.

I'm quite happy for hodgson to be appointed as manager but i know full well that unless there is a change at ownership level or increased investment by the yanks our senior players (with the exception of carra & pepe) will be looking long and hard at their options in the summer.

Yes it was, and still is. But then so was our football for much of his regime.

If he had remained the manager who won the European Cup with a shit squad, persisted with Peter Crouch when the whole world was howling for him to be rubbish, won the FA Cup in his second season, got us to a second European Cup final in three years ... then there could be no argument. Unfortunately that manager walked out the morning after Athens and was never seen again. His position became untenable and he would have gone from any top club in the world after last season's collapse.

What should be exercising you is the cunts who are raping our club and who haven't got a fucking clue about appointing a half decent replacement, but instead we get Rafa this and Rafa that and endless infighting amongst his supporters and detractors. Even after he's gone.

Some shameful things were said about him on here and it's a great pity that some people went to the lengths they did to agitate against him, but he's gone now and this thread is about the next manager and the shitstorm of a selection process we're being subjected to.

Half this thread has been as much about Rafa as anything else. Give it a fucking rest.

Read my post history, I've been as vocal against the Yanks as anyone else.

You seem to forget Benitez signing Torres, Mascherano, and finishing the season with 86 points?

He's still renowned world-wide, I didn't want Rafa gone at any point.

I could see this coming a mile off, you'll be wise to read what else I see coming, and what I don't see coming anytime soon. It's all part of the Tom Hicks blueprint to running Sport's clubs. Anyways, whilst the Anti-Rafa brigade now turn pro-Roy, it's all fiddling whilst Anfield Burns. It's the first time in my life I won't be backing a managerial appointment, and I haven't been to Anfield since March (agreed to take a mate a while back, couldn't pull out), won't be going again ever until Tom and George go. Don't mind if we're in the Championship, as long as Tom and George and the bankers fuck off, then I can get back to talking about football, tactics, signings, managers. I can't wait for the day I don't have to discuss debts, owners, Board members. It's just not right at all. Unfortunately that day is a long way off.

3232286574_0dc978820b.jpg

Yeah Ok I get the point mate, I hope you take into account what I've said as well.

It's toxic on these boards, and any other LFC boards. Look at the thread lists, read through them, we don't discuss football anymore. We just talk business all day. I would have thought you'd developed some immunity to it by now.

Having the best interests of the club at heart and being good enough to manage the club are two different things.

I'm not overjoyed that Benitez is gone, but it was the best thing for both parties. We needed a change of manager and Rafa needed a change of scenery.

Change of Manager won't increase the funds available for squad building nor will it increase the amount of money the manager will get from any sales.

The Leeches are still there - they've solved the wrong problem.

Not to ruin a nice Rafa-free thread, like, but I think the next manager should be Rafa or whomever Rafa would like us to appoint as an interim manager until the cowboys and their stooges on the board are gone and the new owners are ready to invite Rafa to resume where he left off.

Rafa has been very clear, he would like Kenny to be next manager.

Change of Manager won't increase the funds available for squad building nor will it increase the amount of money the manager will get from any sales.

Either will new owners, yet you're convinced getting rid of Tom Hicks & George Gillet will be for the good of the club, without knowing which buyers are in the frame to replace him.

Is this not exactly the same situation with people who wanted the manager out? Do you really think people who wanted the manager out was because they wanted Hodgson in, or was it because they thought a new manager would improve the clubs fortunes and atleast get us back into the top 4 and playing good football again?

You can't disagree with people who wanted the manager out while doing exactly the same thing with the owners.

Either will new owners, yet you're convinced getting rid of Tom Hicks & George Gillet will be for the good of the club, without knowing which buyers are in the frame to replace him.

Is this not exactly the same situation with people who wanted the manager out? Do you really think people who wanted the manager out was because they wanted Hodgson in, or was it because they thought a new manager would improve the clubs fortunes and atleast get us back into the top 4 and playing good football again?

You can't disagree with people who wanted the manager out while doing exactly the same thing with the owners.

What? Are you actually suggesting that we could Leave the Leeches there and a new manager will make us succesful under the same circumstances?

I really despair of some of our fans.

Why would Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United go for Rafa Benitez? Not in a million years.

He will do brilliantly in Italy however and he will be expected to. He has a lot to live up to after all after his predecessors success.

Still posing? You are a long-standing Rafa-hater and your attempts at rationalizing your position are clumsy. You must be shitting yourself at the thought that Rafa might do well at Inter. So you try to cover all eventualities - damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Why don't you admit that you don't want Dalglish because Rafa does?

I had to laugh at your citing Danny Murphy and Carragher as putative references for Hodgson. One of your repetitive themes during the last two seasons was that Rafa was political.

It was part of Rafa's job to be political and he did it very well for the club and the fans. As for politics on his own behalf, he finished up exposing the board's breach of contract, getting them to pay 6 million in compensation and landing a top job in Europe a couple of days later.

But in your potty anti-Rafa world you want the players to be political - even though it is not their job - but only if they are anti-Rafa. Hence you love Danny Murphy - Koptalk's only genuine Anfield Mole - and a guy who never stopped talking to Bascombe at the NW and Maddock at the Mail and who seized every opportunity to put the knife in Rafa's back both before and after Rafa threw him out.

And of course Murphy is big mates and a regular gossiper with Carragher - the guy who has made it very clear that he wants to be manager of LFC someday, and who has already gotten into the habit of weekly press conferences or interviews or phoning radio programs and blog writers to browbeat them with his views. He won't tolerate criticism of himself or Gerrard but thinks its fine to tongue-lash the OTT and foreign players. He's strangely silent on Rafa's leaving even while he sucks up to Capello. Needless to say he is also in the Bascombe Mafia - even pays him to write about him.

You are a long-standing admirer and slavish follower of Bascombe and of the school of management-by-tittle-tattle so it doesn't surprise me that you think are next manager should be chosen by the two biggest backstairs gossips the club has seen in a generation.