You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I don't know where you got this idea. The Villarreal team under him played attractive, effective, possession football based on intelligent and stylish use of the ball. They could be more defensive when they needed to be, usually against the likes of Barcelona, but would mostly play with two out and out forwards and look to play positive, passing football. Not out and out attacking like a Keegan team, sure, but well balanced and willing to take the game to the opposition.

If anything he was more "a tad attacking" than "a tad defensive".

And when he was in charge they beat Barca more times than they lost to them.

I don't for one second think this is the 'perfect' appoitment or that there wont be trouble ahead, but fuck me some people whinging about this seriously need to look at the other serious candidates.

I'm made up if this is true.

His playing style could be considered a tad defensive.

If anything he was more "a tad attacking" than "a tad defensive".

Boys, boys, don't squabble.

All a bit "my tad's bigger than your tad", this.

I've just got up, fuck you.

I'm presuming that Pellegrini's coaching staff bit the bullet too at Madrid?

Might be a good idea having a manager with South American connections.

Watching the World cup, the South American teams have all been superb with briliant technical players. He might be able to unearth talent for next to nothing, which will be good as I'd imagine this is what his budget will be as our manager.

To be fair to him, he did what he could at Madrid. He didn't really sign all those players. He was hardly gonna refuse the best players in the world given to him on a plate.

I'm presuming that Pellegrini's coaching staff bit the bullet too at Madrid?

Might be a good idea having a manager with South American connections.

Watching the World cup, the South American teams have all been superb with briliant technical players. He might be able to unearth talent for next to nothing, which will be good as I'd imagine this is what his budget will be as our manager.

To be fair to him, he did what he could at Madrid. He didn't really sign all those players. He was hardly gonna refuse the best players in the world given to him on a plate.

Hhhmm see what your saying, would be interesting to see what his connections are though.

What was his record like in Spain for being south Americans? Anyone know?

Are we getting Pellegrini?

There has been a tone of media chatter in chile Spain and a bit here, but and it's a big but, the agent quote that they are all running with isn't about him! It's maschs agent so god knows what's going on.

In believing nothing until Its a done deal!

There has been a tone of media chatter in chile Spain and a bit here, but and it's a big but, the agent quote that they are all running with isn't about him! It's maschs agent so god knows what's going on.

In believing nothing until Its a done deal!

Agents represent more than one client you know, they don't all make do with just Cuba Gooding Jr.

If Rafa doesn't have control of transfers at Inter or Valencia. Pellegrini didn't have control of transfers at Real.

I wouldn't have thought he was responsible for this Villarreal either.

Managers like Pellegrini must love the fact they can actually have an influence and total control over transfers and all footballing decisions - which happens in the Premier League.

Agents represent more than one client you know, they don't all make do with just Cuba Gooding Jr.

Yes, but if you read all of the articles about Masch yesterday you will see that same quote, goal.com then used that quote in their Pellegrini report and every other report since then have followed goal.com, so personally, Im not sure its a given at the moment that Pellegrini will be our next manager.

Yes, but if you read all of the articles about Masch yesterday you will see that same quote, goal.com then used that quote in their Pellegrini report and every other report since then have followed goal.com, so personally, Im not sure its a given at the moment that Pellegrini will be our next manager.

link me, because I've read the Masch stories and did not see the same quote.

link me, because I've read the Masch stories and did not see the same quote.

This quote is what Pellegrini supposed agent said. The guy isn't even Pellegrini agent.

The Press Association: Mascherano iin Inter talks - agent

Javier Mascherano's agent has revealed he has held talks with Inter Milan over a possible move to the Nerazzurri, which would see the Liverpool midfielder reunited with former boss Rafael Benitez.

Speculation has been rife that Argentina captain Mascherano would move to the San Siro since Benitez was confirmed as Jose Mourinho's replacement last week.

And the 25-year-old's agent, Marco Piccioli, "There has already been a first contact with director Marco Branca. We are evaluating the move hard and in the next few days we will have a new meeting to better establish the details of this transfer deal."