You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mancs Away

Byrnie

I don't care who does or doesn't play. Just fucking win. I hate them with an absolute passion. Bunch of fucking inbred cunts the fucking lot of them. I want to ruin their fucking season and i hop someone does a proper job on Rooney. He's been playing far too well for my liking.m One man team they are - well fucking kick that one man to death. I may mean that literal or not. We've had a fucking shit seaon but if we can deny those abortion survivors one trophy then its a very very small crumb of comfort.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who does or doesn't play. Just fucking win. I hate them with an absolute passion. Bunch of fucking inbred cunts the fucking lot of them. I want to ruin their fucking season and i hop someone does a proper job on Rooney. He's been playing far too well for my liking.m One man team they are - well fucking kick that one man to death. I may mean that literal or not. We've had a fucking shit seaon but if we can deny those abortion survivors one trophy then its a very very small crumb of comfort.

Quality ranting; repped

It may be a bit from leftfield and I have no doubt Rafa wouldn't entertain it, but I'd consider sticking Mascherano on Rooney, limpet style, for the game. Have him not 6 inches from him all day. I think he could pull it off. He's got the pace, stamina and nastiness to do the job. Probably a fair chance Rooney would loose it too.

Rooney has been ghosting into space in every game for the last two months. I haven't seen anyone go man to man on him yet, certainly not someone of Mascherano's pedigree. I think it would be worth a shot.

It may be a bit from leftfield and I have no doubt Rafa wouldn't entertain it, but I'd consider sticking Mascherano on Rooney, limpet style, for the game. Have him not 6 inches from him all day. I think he could pull it off. He's got the pace, stamina and nastiness to do the job. Probably a fair chance Rooney would loose it too.

Rooney has been ghosting into space in every game for the last two months. I haven't seen anyone go man to man on him yet, certainly not someone of Mascherano's pedigree. I think it would be worth a shot.

Nah, we need to dominate/suffocate the midfield again, that's how we've been successful in the last three games and Mascherano has been a key part. We've generally handled their star men Rooney and Ronaldo very well in previous meetings. We also need Torres' and Gerrard's movement to cause them problems when we have the ball. I think they struggle against us the way we usually set up and I'm optimistic we can do them again if we play well enough. There have been signs in the last two games that it may be possible, and that our key men are returning to form and fitness.

To be honest am way more concerned about the other games we have. You know the team will be fired up for this and that Rafa will try his utmost to show them up, we just need to be able to do it against the other teams.

Sorry to spoil the party, but I think they will fucking hammer us. Just being honest

Could happen, but there's a big chance it won't. It's just that thing about the way we approach and play these games. We often play that well that....even though it sounds insane I genuinely believe even Barca would have problems playing us when we're fully up for it. Most other times they'd smash us, but not if we played like we have done against the Mancs recently.

I think we may well sneak this one, i do think they have a bit of a mental problem with Torres (i think Ferguson actually fears him and it cascades down)

That's actually a good point and I think it could be the case. The same with Gerrard too. So when they're both attacking it probably fucks them up and gives them too much nerves as they don't know who to focus on. And when you add in the rivalry it's possibly something that's been giving us the edge of late.

Because even though Slur might say focus on Torres, the players on the pitch at the time will know that if Stevie is in his element and decides to charge through they're equally fucked.

Our Cup Final. If we seen some of the same type of posts on here on an Everton forum prior to a Derby we would be laughing our tits off.

Just think it is a little disconcerting that some are focussing on winning this to stop United rather than concentrating on ourselves. A marker of how far we have sunk maybe? This won't even be their biggest game this month let alone this season while to some on here you would think 3 points against them is the be all and end all of the season. Strictly Evertonian behaviour.

Edited by Juan Galonso

Why? We always want to beat Everton as well - so is that our cup final too?

I would rather win the Europa League than get 3 points on Sunday myself like in response to someones earlier post. Sure we want to beat them but saying it is our biggest game of the season when it clearly isn't theirs doesn't sit right. Like when we had bigger fish to fry when we would take the piss out of Evertonians for their twice a year Cup Final.

I would rather win the Europa League than get 3 points on Sunday myself like in response to someones earlier post. Sure we want to beat them but saying it is our biggest game of the season when it clearly isn't theirs doesn't sit right. Like when we had bigger fish to fry when we would take the piss out of Evertonians for their twice a year Cup Final.

I agree that it isn't the biggest game of our season. It's three points. Although there is always an edge to these games. I think I misunderstood what you were getting at.

I agree that it isn't the biggest game of our season. It's three points. Although there is always an edge to these games. I think I misunderstood what you were getting at.

Yeah sorry mate I edited the post after I put the first one which just read Our Cup Final.

Of course I hope we beat them for our own needs first and foremost then a distant secondly to give Arsenal and (Urgh) Chelsea a helping hand to win the title.

The 4-1 last season was probably the biggest Liverpool v United game since the FA Cup Final in 1996 because it allowed us back into the title race but the comments by some on here remind me of Michael Ball when he coloured the red out of his boots before the Gary Mc Derby back in 2001 and said to the press before that game we would love to beat Liverpool to stop them getting into the CL rather than concentrating on his own club who weren't exactly safe from relegation worries at that time if memory serves me right.

It was a pure inferiority complex on his part as a massive Evertonian and judging by some of the posts on here it is exactly the same for some of our fans now in that there is nothing else for us apart from stopping them.

Horrible situation. To think a year and a week to the day 3000 of us were going mental there because it helped OUR own cause. A year is a long time in football.

My prediction for what it is worth. Narrow defeat off a set-piece. 0-1.

Agreed that it shouldn't be about stopping them, we should be thinking of our own 3 points. With them being close to 19 though I suppose you've got to allow for some of us to feel like that. It's not just about stopping them from winning 1 title, it's them actually getting 19 and it's significant to say the least.

Looking at this now I'll be content with a draw, but even a win won't make me that happy because to make something big about 3 points when you look back at our season, well it's just not right. Even though I'll allow myself to be happy as fuck on sunday if we manage it, but after that reality will seep back in.

Agreed that it shouldn't be about stopping them, we should be thinking of our own 3 points. With them being close to 19 though I suppose you've got to allow for some of us to feel like that.

Good point and that is more than enough justification definitely. I just see an inferiority complex creeping into some though where they are concerned.

If that is going to happen though then one result won't make much difference. It is failings over the past 20 years which have brought this situation which nobody would have forseen back in 1990.

If that is going to happen though then one result won't make much difference. It is failings over the past 20 years which have brought this situation which nobody would have forseen back in 1990.

Yeah it's depressing and something that only time will sort out, I just hope enough of us have the patience and that things do actually work out in the end. It seems like a big storm we're walking through, but a properly fucking big one and here's hoping enough of us keep our heads up and get through it, meaning club staff and players aswell.

Sorry about coming across sentimental, am a bit drunk and feeling for the club though, because beating the mancs doesn't even mean that much this time around, especially compared to last season. In fact it's basically 3 points but with that added buzz, but the buzz will surely fade unless we seriously hammer them, which doesn't seem likely.