You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOS Minutes with Purslow meeting

Red_or_Dead

As long as it isn't an oncoming train mate.

I think it is, though I think the dude walking in the tunnel is Purslow. I agree with all your posts here, and cannot believe he would say things he did in front of bunch of strangers. One on one you can still deny stuff, 10 to 1, hmmm. I would think twice saying stuff like that about my employer even internally.

Very interesting times we're living in. The Chinese kind of way...

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly what I thought when I first read it.

He will of course deny any of what SoS have copied down in the minutes regarding the owners.

Good pertinent questions put forward though.

Well done.

Do we really want rid of Purslow and his skillset though?

Isn't he the most likely person to be able to bring in the money to dig us out of the hole that the debt has put us in?

Seems a lot like cutting off our nose to spite our face to drive him out of the club. Whoever is in that MD role is going to beholden to the banks and the owners anyway.

Mate SOS told him at the beginning of the meeting that there would be a review process for the minutes. At no point during the meeting did they say if they didn't agree with the revised minutes they would just publish their own. For sure they mentioned publishing their own as some indeterminate in the past, something he may simply have forgotten, but given what he has said and his revisions I think it's clear he thought he was talking off the record. He's had basically the same Q&A session with Ballague and look at what was published there.

You may think he has cleverly engineered a way for this information to get out there but I see far more advantage to brown-nosing SOS (off the record) without the information getting into the public domain.

He's in a world of hurt if you ask me.

You could be right of course. But I think he would have to be naïve in the extreme if he thought he could drop bombs like that to a group of fans and the information wouldn't get out. Had SOS not published the minutes, it would've gone out through word of mouth and trickled onto the internet in no time anyway.

I think he is trying to be a bit smart about it here and give away the information in at manner that provides deniability. Or I could've just watched too many spy movies.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No way did he think he was talking off the record.

It was never mentioned by him or us. At any time.

He did have an agreement over the minutes, though. Didn't he?

Isn't he the most likely person to be able to bring in the money to dig us out of the hole that the debt has put us in?

Seems a lot like cutting off our nose to spite our face to drive him out of the club. Whoever is in that MD role is going to beholden to the banks and the owners anyway.

I agree.

I don't think Purslow's here to make a fast buck.

This will be denied, he will sweat a while, continue with his job, as everyone has to save face in order to keep the banks happy. If he gets his investment, he leaves, nice bonus, job done. If he doesn't, he leaves as he did not do his job.

The only thing that I expect to change is the meetings with SOS, my guess would be they end here.

No way did he think he was talking off the record.

It was never mentioned by him or us. At any time.

Kind of begs the question of what the point was of the review process. He clearly had expectations of it. We can play semantics, but it's clear to me he's been blind-sided here.

My reading of that bit was that there was money fdrom outside put into the transfer fund in the past AND that the TOTAL the yanks had put in was £130MLN although most of that was to pay down the debt for the refinance.

Maybe, but it is mentioned in the Transfer stage of discussion and nowhere else but you could be right, like I say Id like a bit more clarification on it because these random figures dont do anything towards making it any clearer.

Surely anyone with the smallest amount of common sense will preface any off the record comment with a "this is off the record", thereby affording the other party an oppertunity to point out that they will not treat the matter as being off the record.

Purslow is an experienced businessman. I can't, for one second, believe he wouldn't have done so.

Surely anyone with the smallest amount of common sense will preface any off the record comment with a "this is off the record", thereby affording the other party an oppertunity to point out that they will not treat the matter as being off the record.

Purslow is an experienced businessman. I can't, for one second, believe he wouldn't have done so.

At one point he actually said something like "I wish I could talk off the record...."

If he had asked to do that we would have said no.

He will be thinking he is bombproof on this in my opinion.

It's his word against SOS. He'll paint a picture that they are trying to drop him in it.

I am still not quite sure what his motive is.

There's too much detail in the minutes for him to be able to deny this IMO. It fits too well with how you would politic in a situation where you are on the boundary of two groups with conflicting objectives and world views. It'll get spun for sure, but H&G will know the score.

There's too much detail in the minutes for him to be able to deny this IMO. It fits too well with how you would politic in a situation where you are on the boundary of two groups with conflicting objectives and world views. It'll get spun for sure, but H&G will know the score.

Maybe they will, but do they have the bullets?

Maybe, but it is mentioned in the Transfer stage of discussion and nowhere else but you could be right, like I say Id like a bit more clarification on it because these random figures dont do anything towards making it any clearer.

With the transfers he said that the money available would be the sales + any part of profit (that the management sees fit to give I assume). What if there is no profit, not even enough to pay the interest on the loans? According to his model, the club gets no more money from the owners, the banks won't give us any, either.

Guest The Chimp

Firstly, I'm really proud of work being done lately by both SOS and the lads on here (Al, Dave, Mick and Stevie). The pressure you must have brought on the two parasites who "own" the club is highly commendable and this further adds to things.

It seems very clear to me that the end game is near. The Yanks are skint, the bank wants them out, CP wants them gone (and by the sounds of it he's not too arsed if they make any money or not), the fans want them gone, the media have a new found interest in covering such mismanagement and they are people around who can watch them squirm and buy the club on their own terms.

I put own in brackets as in reality with the club in so much debt and the owners seemingly short of liquid assets, are RBS calling the shots more than most of us foresaw? Would this also account for CP's apparent bravado? It seems he has little time or respect for them (I'm thinking of the "looking in from the outside" statement he used - or words to that effect). I'm much more happier after reading that to be honest as it seems fears that the two cunts would hang on forever may not actually come to pass.

I guess the next few days will be interesting? Once again a sincere thanks from me for doing something to try and save the club. Should all be very proud of yourselves.

Edit. Apologies for the poor composition. 3.00AM here - should really be in bed.

If he's been told at the outset of the meeting that the minutes would be mutually agreed why would he preface every statement with "off the record". He would expect the decision about what is and what isn't shared to be made during the review process. At least I would. Would you not?

Guest ShoePiss
If he's been told at the outset of the meeting that the minutes would be mutually agreed why would he preface every statement with "off the record". He would expect the decision about what is and what isn't shared to be made during the review process. At least I would. Would you not?

I agree with you for general questions and answers but on the more sensitive subjects I think it would be naive not to preface.

For Purslow to be blindsided as you say it suggests he's naive. I really don't see that as the case here. As others have said it's calculated, as is his version of the minutes.

Well done SOS, so when is the next meeting with Purslow?

One very interesting interview the SOS got out of Purslow there, well done.

Interesting points for me.

His admission that he is just tasked with finding 100million of investment. Be that for 1% or 100% he is not arsed. Makes you wonder who Mr Purslow is actually working for? Obviously he said that RBS where not happy with the state of the club, and that the club has spoken to other financial institutions, so I doubt he is employed by RBS directly. But his "I have failed if I do not find investment" statement quite clearly shows his job description, and I wonder if he is basically bullet proof as far as the owners are concerned as him being there is on the instruction of RBS?

"Ok. I wanted investment just like you do; I stood up at AGMs and said that. Those who sold the club are responsible too. The promises of Hicks and Gillett are unforgivable. Hicks and Gillett cannot hang onto the club"

"LFC is for sale. It will be sold. The owners have to sell, they are out of money. The bank want it sold, the fans want it sold and people want to buy it."

Wow, where do you start on them two comments? He is amazingly scathing of Hicks and Gillett, for someone who is supposedly employed by them. I can't help but get the feeling that those two bastards are largely just puppets now, it sounds to me like they are basically just sitting and waiting for a sale. They do not seem arsed whatsoever about the club and want out at the highest price possible. Purlow's comments on them lead me to doubt whether they would even have the power to sack him.

Promising times ahead if what he has said is to be believed anyway.

And another point. I very much doubt Purslow is naive enough to think what he has actually said will not find it's way out in to the public domain. He seems well switched on and far too smart for this to have been the case. Can't quite figure out his motives though for being so frank and honest, yet sanitising his version of the minutes.