You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reading Match Thread

RobbieOR

I can't defend that. Utterly, utterly awful. I haven't got a clue where we go from here, I haven't got a clue who could do a better job under the laughable circumstances our club are in but something has to give. I'm stuck for words. Outplayed by fucking Reading. A managerless club in the M4 corridor.

I've not felt so despondent about football in all my life.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fucking shambles 18 shots only 2 on target and they didn't even score the fucking goal. What the fuck are they playing at!!

Only thing we might be able to take from it is they haven't played too badly without Torres and Gerrard. But 1 shot on target against Reading jesus H christ get fucking real and Reading looked dangerous on the counter attack.

How the fuck can we still be thought of as top 4. Top 4 of what? League 1?

Thats indefensible.

I used to praise this Liverpool team for its work rate. By that I mean, when we'd lose posession we would all work our nuts off to get it back. We would chase and harrass the opposition to death, I dont see that anymore.

Somethings gone, be it spirit, heart, ability I dont know, but this cannot go on.

And I love Rafa.

The decision to put a defenderl on at 1-1, so we didn't concede, was a bad idea. It lacked ambition and positivity. Ultimately it failed. You have to WIN the cup.

The lack of discipline showed in the last period of extra time with the long balls. All patience and belief had gone.

nothing absolutly fucking nothing. I bet Maxi is regretting the move already fucking appauling shots at the keeper if they managed to get a shot in. Closed down all the time with little effort and none of them seemed to have a clue how to anything other than pass the ball. At one point we covered the pitch TWICE and Reading only had a small touch near their area. Fucking useless showers of shit the lot of em.

Just when you think things can't get any lower.

Sorry Rafa. Time to get on that plank and start walking. I really hope you have one decent bone in your fucking negative, stubborn body and fucking resign.

You have no fucking excuses any more. You bought all those players, most of them being absolute heartless, gutless fucks.

And you fucked off all the decent players you did buy.

Soul destroying shit, not one of those players looked like they wanted to win that game. standing off Reading's players letting them run, we missed masch so much. what about the shite passing too many passes too strong or in the wrong place.

I never thought id hear myself say this, but enough, this is the first time when ive thought Rafa really has to go.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I bet Maxi is regretting the move already

I highly doubt it. Not everybody lives one match at a time.

With that said, tonight, as with much of the season, was fucking tragic. Both managerially and from the players.

I found the Skrtel substitution absolutely hilarious, in all honesty. If ever a decision in isolation, encaspulated Rafa's reign, that was it.

Where was the logic in it at all?

Possibly Degen was fucked. The lad hasnt played 90 mins for sometime and he made some lung-bursting runs.

Just saying like...

i'm done. I'm not wasting anymore of my time watching Liverpool while that manager is in charge. Not only are we absolutely and utterly shit but we are fucking abject to watch. I'd rather watch fucking Bolton or Blackburn at present.

I'd rather watch a tramp shitting in the street than put up with any more of that rubbish.

The worst of it is that it wasn't some fluke decision that caused this loss, it was our performance - we were beaten by the better side on the night. The only answer we had was aimless balls forward and absolutely clueless play in the centre of the park, even when Carra was getting forward at the end and banging it into the box we couldn't control the ball or string two passes together.

I've seen us knocked out of cups by shite before but at least we went down fighting - tonight we didn't even have a whimper in us. Still, it keeps the fixture list free so we can have some rest on our way to a Europa League and PL double eh?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

The only stage of the game when we actually looked comfortable was at 1-0, at 0-0 we were far from ok but in the game, from 1-1 onwards we were gutless, toothless and devoid of any fight.

Goes with saying that I believe in Rafa, still do, but tonight was inexcusable, with the lack of fight the thing thats hurt the most

(As an aisde, I can understand the Skrtel substitution, Degen looked knackered, and what was left on the pitch should have easily been sufficient to have progressed)

Chasing a goal and Skrtel coming on is just ridiculous. I have long defended Rafa, but that was just plain daft.

Agreed, and I'm not sure how he's going to turn this around now with the way he manages. If Torres is injured, Gerrards hamstring problem means he needs a rest, and Kuyt not being dropped for Maxi which he probably won't be, just don't see how anything can be sorted out anymore. Am sure this is the first night I've properly lost belief that anything will be done to correct things.

Possibly Degen was fucked. The lad hasnt played 90 mins for sometime and he made some lung-bursting runs.

Just saying like...

Risk three at the back then. Tell Kuyt to cover extra.

On the subject of Kuyt, he may have played a bit crap, but at least he looked like he fucking cared.