You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lack of judgement?

Code

So is it lack of judgement from Rafa playing Mascherano and Lucas together in the middle of the park week in week out or is it stubborness in wanting them to succeed which are holding our season back making us an mid table team?

Either way its one of the two and not one of them puts our manager in a good light.

What I witnessed today has to be the most gutless performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool center midfield, if Aquilani is fit to be on the bench why the fuck did we not play him.

I`ll go as far that I`ll suggest playing Aquilani from the start in midweek is a sackable offense after watching todays lacklustre performance.

Why the fuck did we not bring him on, was Rafa afraid of losing control of the game or what is it?

Its becoming a joke now.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest juanmanual
So is it lack of judgement from Rafa playing Mascherano and Lucas together in the middle of the park week in week out or is it stubborness in wanting them to succeed which are holding our season back making us an mid table team?

Either way its one of the two and not one of them puts our manager in a good light.

What I witnessed today has to be the most gutless performance I have ever seen from a Liverpool center midfield, if Aquilani is fit to be on the bench why the fuck did we not play him.

I`ll go as far that I`ll suggest playing Aquilani from the start in midweek is a sackable offense after watching todays lacklustre performance.

Why the fuck did we not bring him on, was Rafa afraid of losing control of the game or what is it?

Its becoming a joke now.

As soon as we score a goal they'l sing his name...........Rafa Rafael Rafa Rafel.......................cant you hear it?

Idiot fans.

I`ll go as far that I`ll suggest playing Aquilani from the start in midweek is a sackable offense after watching todays lacklustre performance

Its becoming a joke now.

Fucks sake.

I thought both Lucas and Mascherano played alright in the fact that they are destroyers and will break up play.

The problem is give them the ball towards the opposition goal and more often then not they don't have a clue what to do with it.

Rafa did not need two holding midfielders today and could have quite easily played Gerrard in the middle with Yossi supporting N'Gog and Kuyt on the right.

I object to the Lucas-Mascherano combo as much as the next rational man, which is to say I'd be prepared to kill up to 10 babies in order to ensure that I never see them play together again, but suggesting it was even more gutless than the Lucas-Plessis surrenders of 2008 at Birmingham and Tottenham, respectfully, is downright ludicrous.

I'm guessing it's an accumulation of factors but I think the fall-out to today has been massively over the top. I've seen it suggested this was the worse performance of the season, or even Rafa's entire tenure, and that is spectacularly off the mark.

That said, what is the use of a midfield that don't protect the back four or support the front three? We should have played Gerrard there earlier on this season. That has cost us points; and now by not playing Aqualini there, we're repeating the mistake. I wouldn't mind seeing Yossi in there, just having someone who is looking to play on the front foot would help our play so much.

I`m sure Rafa was deligthed we "controlled" the game, he did not risk losing this c ontrol by playing Aquilani.

You have to ask why the fuck would you pay £20M for a player you do not trust to play unless you have a 3-0 lead.

Its beyond a joke now actually, if he starts him in midweek he should get the sack.

Totally agree with last (edit: second to last) post - to bring Aquilani on involved taking Masc and Lucas off and he was obviously worried that we would lose control of the game and they'd score.

A draw is more defensible than a loss at the end of the day, no matter what we would all want.

Its becoming a joke now.

I never thought I'd see another manager as stubborn as Ged but Rafa Has taken that mantle. He obviously wants them to suceed but, I'm not convinced of his reasons. I think he's obsessed with proving people wrong. I heard him talking on local radio a couple of week ago and he said 'I wont make changes just because people in the media or ex players say I should play this player or this formation'. He then went on to say he didn't take any notice of what people in the media were saying.

I just think the more people say they don't like something the more determined he becomes to press on with things his way. Look at zonal marking, babel, Lucas, Kuyt his substitutions and the timing of them. I'm thinking the more people start asking for Aquilini the more he'll dig his heals in.

At the game today a lad I've never met before said to me when he took Yossi off "Is he doing this deliberately to piss people off" Well at least I know I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Totally agree with last (edit: second to last) post - to bring Aquilani on involved taking Masc and Lucas off and he was obviously worried that we would lose control of the game and they'd score.

A draw is more defensible than a loss at the end of the day, no matter what we would all want.

I think that depends on who the opposition is. If were away to UTD, Arse or Chelsea then maybe but, not against Blackburn.

I haven't seen the match yet but people need to screw their heds on, before they rush to send our club down the gutter.

People need to understand, no matter how pissed they are with Rafa, we have two cunts in charge who probably don't know who Mourinho is between them.

Do you think they will bring in someone better than Rafa?

Until someone comes up with someone better, that we are actually in a position to actually and realistically bring in and points them out to me then all this talk is nonsense and I can sleep soundly at nght. The best whining will do is send us down to the Bruce Arena Management Marketplace this bank holiday sunday for our manager.

Bitch a moan all you like but it won't help, we can get to the end of the season supporting the boys and see where we are, or we can go kicking and screaming all of the way. And Aquilani will play when Rafa deems him fit and ready to play, get over it.

I've lost all faith in Rafa. The quicker he goes the better now IMO

I am becomming in the same way of thinking. Rafa is making far too many cock ups this season. I honestly feel Rafa hasn't got a game plan and he can't due to his tactics, find a suitable position for AA.

This happened with Keane last season, bought the lad and he wasn't suitable for Rafas tactics or good enough to play how or where Rafa wanted.

For me El Zhar, Insua and Babel all young players brought in by Rafa, but none of them are good enough.

I have always been a supporter of Rafa, but even with the Americans at the helm he has the talent to destroy sides like Blackburn. It is getting harder and harder to defend the man. As lads from the footy who know me will agree, I am not one to jump on bandwagons

What he said.

I haven't seen the match yet but people need to screw their heds on, before they rush to send our club down the gutter.

People need to understand, no matter how pissed they are with Rafa, we have two cunts in charge who probably don't know who Mourinho is between them.

Do you think they will bring in someone better than Rafa?

Until someone comes up with someone better, that we are actually in a position to actually and realistically bring in and points them out to me then all this talk is nonsense and I can sleep soundly at nght. The best whining will do is send us down to the Bruce Arena Management Marketplace this bank holiday sunday for our manager.

Bitch a moan all you like but it won't help, we can get to the end of the season supporting the boys and see where we are, or we can go kicking and screaming all of the way. And Aquilani will play when Rafa deems him fit and ready to play, get over it.

yeah yeah. its all the owners fault. nothing rafa can do as his hands are tied. we mustnt change manager unless we can point out to you who that is.

this is an utter joke of a post especially the desparate comment about rafa playing aquilani when hes deemed fit. yeah ok get back in your box.

Guest alscarface

Just got back home pissed so bear with me.

To change the team and throw Aqualani in at this moment is a bit of a risk as if we had lost then he might be the new scapegoat.And he aint match fit (LEAVE IT!!)

So i see rafas selection from that point of view.

Not to put him on in the second half again can be seen that way as the match was in balance.

But we did need some creative spark and to throw him on for the last 15 mins to my mind, wouldnt have been that much of a risk.

I just think he feels at this stage a safe point is better than no points.

Do i still stand by rafa? .Yes.

Do ithink he needs to change tactics and risk things a bit? Yes.

It seems like people are more concerned about us playing Aquilani or not than anything else. Aquilani? For fuck sake, most people haven't even seen him play, and I am absolutely 100% sure that most people on here haven't watched his training performance this week or know how match fit he is. I'm tired of the Aquilani-angle now, let him get in the team when he gets in the team, and in the mean time let's concentrate on those who actually are in it.