You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAFA: REDS' FUTURE IN GOOD HANDS

WhiskeyJar

What I would do with those 3 is between me and my psychiatrist.

And what YOU would do is neither here nor there is it? The bench and back-up has been a major bone of contention over the last few years, if Rafa were to change tack now after all this time it might make others (the TLW editor for one) wonder why he is suddenly doing it now?

Not, I'd suggest, because the quality of players has dramatically improved almost overnight.

The quality is there though to replace like for like. Desire, hunger and talent are all there in our young players and the fact that Rafa has been looking towards them in our of need speaks volumes.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I would do with those 3 is between me and my psychiatrist.

And what YOU would do is neither here nor there is it? The bench and back-up has been a major bone of contention over the last few years, if Rafa were to change tack now after all this time it might make others (the TLW editor for one) wonder why he is suddenly doing it now?

Not, I'd suggest, because the quality of players has dramatically improved almost overnight.

I don't really understand your point?

What are you saying, Rafa has not bothered with the Academcy etc, never had intention of looking to the youth team, I don't understand?

Not being snotty, I genuinely don't get your point, is it something you can't divulge? If so fair enough.

No, I think they write about what's interesting to the public, and the public has a short attention span. That's how they make their money. Show me the negative articles from the last five days, excepting the ones putting a negative spin on the puff pieces. If I'm wrong, there'll be loads, right?

You are missing my point. Rafa doing this has given them something to write about, some good stuff. Some of them have decided to take a negative slant but at least they are discussing something from the club. Our angle on matters rather than the usual made up pathetic crap we see every day.

Admittedly in an international week we see a lot more regurgitated crap but it is still out there in record numbers every time until this one. Why you ask, because we have given them something else to write about.

The quality is there though to replace like for like. Desire, hunger and talent are all there in our young players and the fact that Rafa has been looking towards them in our of need speaks volumes.

What volumes are these?

That over the past two seasons, he's weakened the squad, and now the back up players are that shit, that he's finally giving the promising prospects in the ressies a chance because they can do no worse than the shite first team players that are sitting on our bench?

I don't really understand your point?

What are you saying, Rafa has not bothered with the Academcy etc, never had intention of looking to the youth team, I don't understand?

Not being snotty, I genuinely don't get your point, is it something you can't divulge? If so fair enough.

I normally defer to Dave on all matters Academic, but hasn't there been an almighty scrap between Rafa and Parry over the players at youth level? I'm sure there was a 4-pager in one of the fanzines, which sadly I don't have to hand.

What volumes are these?

That over the past two seasons, he's weakened the squad, and now the back up players are that shit, that he's finally giving the promising prospects in the ressies a chance because they can do no worse than the shite first team players that are sitting on our bench?

Good post this, the squad is now weaker than it was in 2007, Torres, Johnson and maybe Yossi aside. How he managed to find a leftback worst than Risse for twice the cost is a joke. 2008 is the worst summer I can remember for transfers in my memory(i'm 33), Rafa has got to take the blame that since the Torres and Yossi signings only Glen Johnson has become a 1st choice in the team from about 8 first team signings with £80m spent in that time, people can cry about money etc but thats plain to see, Crouch wanted to go fine, Keane did'nt work out but to sell him on deadline day without a replacement while were still going for 3 trophys, just to get 1 up on Parry is Egotistcal at best, but down right selfish and stupid, Spurs would have done anything to get Keane, we could have asked for Bent Lennon or Pavlechenco and the money to pay Keane off and they would have gave it, all would have improved the squad, but the manager decided not to and now were suffering.

I normally defer to Dave on all matters Academic, but hasn't there been an almighty scrap between Rafa and Parry over the players at youth level? I'm sure there was a 4-pager in one of the fanzines, which sadly I don't have to hand.

I wouldn't know myself!

I watch the reserves, as do most of us, but not the Academy, but I can remember when Kenny started things off with Redknapp and Hutchinson etc (and you could get in anfield free with a season ticket!) that was the first time I genuinly felt I was watching a few players who could make it and not John Durnin, Jim Magilton or Jim McGregor even. I haven't had that feeling for a long time, but I do look at the youth and see so much potential spread about, even to the point that Spearing may get pushed aside by the likes of Pepper, Wisdom and Paulson (?).

I don't think it is fair to criticise Rafa for suddenly deciding that he wants this in place, as he has been building up to this for a while, maybe the paucity of the squad has meant he has had to drop them in sooner than he would have liked, but in all fairness that is by the by.

You have lost me!

You accused him of being a PR machine for Tom and George, which is bang out of order!

The Youth team and the young players in the reserves are one of the genuine plus points that we do seem to have in our favour at the moment, and he is one hundred per cent right in highlighting this,

I quickly read that. And guess what, I couldn't find ANYWHERE where Rafa said "The future's in good hands".

But what would you expect from Liarpool Sports Brands Ltd?

Its clear these sewer rats are planning on having a Europa Cup team. A Spurs or a Villa. Maybe this article is just shite PR to investors etc to say "ahhh we can get our players for FREE now".

Or was it aimed at the "peasants" who "don't even wear suits" - as one of the 2 cunts pr lackies described fans as opposed to "customers" as ?

Who knows. And who the fuck cares? Atleast Rafa hates em like any other proper Red does.

I think there is a few talented lads coming through.

Eccleston, Amoo, Pacheco, Ayala, Buchtmann, Ince, Dalla Valle, Pepper, Irwin, Mavinga, Nemeth, Palsson, Darby and Spearing are all players i have been impressed with over the last couple of seasons in both the ressies and the Youth Cup.

Im not saying all the players will make it but we have some real talent coming through regardless of who brought them in.

You are missing my point. Rafa doing this has given them something to write about, some good stuff. Some of them have decided to take a negative slant but at least they are discussing something from the club. Our angle on matters rather than the usual made up pathetic crap we see every day.

Admittedly in an international week we see a lot more regurgitated crap but it is still out there in record numbers every time until this one. Why you ask, because we have given them something else to write about.

I think we are going to have to agree to be sworn enemies on this one single point Roy.

Well it wouldn't be unexpected for him to show class in such a situation, so why not?

Like he showed with Parry before and after he departed? Parry was useless but his silence on the reason for his departure puts his character and integrity way above Rafa's in my estimation. He publicly stabbed him in the back at every opportunity and has continued to do so in attempt to deflect blame from himself.

Like he showed with Parry before and after he departed? Parry was useless but his silence on the reason for his departure puts his character and integrity way above Rafa's in my estimation. He publicly stabbed him in the back at every opportunity and has continued to do so in attempt to deflect blame from himself.

My reply was more to make fun of your shit attempt at a joke (you normally do much better). Rafa is ruthless, like all top managers. And I have a feeling Parry has had his fair share of feeding journalist off the record about Rafa. Noone came clean out of that sorry affair, so to single out the manager and praise Parry is just petty.

Just what i was thinking, Benitez would get grief on here if he put his socks on inside out.

Its laughable

I get hysterical

Hysteria

Oh, can you feel it (Oh can you feel it)

Do you believe it (Do you believe it)

It's such a magical mysteria

When you get that feelin' (When you get that feelin')

Better start believin (Better start believin')

Cause it's a miracle

Say you will, ooh babe

Hysteria when you're near