You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oh look out, the single mum man-haters are clubbing together.

The facts are that most men are frankly pretty decent human-beings. When parents split up, usually the woman turns into an even bigger bitch than she was when they were together, ensuring in the process that any chance of equal responsible parenting is a non-starter.

I've scan-read the article and this thread in relative depth, and can say for sure that this woman is a self-centred little slag who has got off quite lightly under the circumstances.

All this talk of "understanding" her situation is amazonian bra-burning bullshit. Regardless of her circumstances, she found herself charged with the care of the kids, and she fucked off not for a little respite from the supposed pressures of single parenthood, but for a bit of a piss-up with her mates.

She is proof, if proof were needed, that legalised cuntpunching is long overdue in this country.

Guest ShoePiss
I am with Noos on this one, I like to think I am sympathetic to the plight of others but 4 kids, 3 fellas, it is Karen Matthews all over again.

How many kids she has got and to whom has got fuck all to do with this.

People have claimed we should be sympathetic to her because she has a fucked up life with no support (we don't actually know this, just a hunch).

I'm sorry but I find it hard to be sympathetic given the nature of her 'little break'. If she had gone for a long walk to clear her mind I could understand it, she didn't. Her actions were those of selfish indulgence so fuck her. That 3 month old baby easily could have died, she very lucky.

All your (the women in this thread) personal stories are very touching and I have a great deal of respect you all as mothers but not this one.

It's not economic liberalism which is the cause of this sort of stuff it's social liberalism. Over the twentieth century the left have won all the arguments (well they've got what they wanted) - more and more nanny state combined with more and more social liberalism. Economic liberalism declined over the twentieth century and yet I keep hearing it getting the blame for social breakdown.

If the state gets too big, dishes out money freely then the 'family unit' breaks down. Why? There is no reason to stick together - the fathers move out the state moves in. We have some of the most generous benefits for single mums in the whole of Europe. We have also lost the shaming culture which is the natural deterrent - you don't need a 'parenting license' if society shuns this sort of behaviour. The state shouldn't be made bigger to clear up its own mess. What you need is a bottom-up approach where the state withdraws and civil society is encouraged. But that would require some sort of shared moral code rather than relativistic nonsense that is seen in this thread.

I don't agree mate.

The state shouldn't have to step in in the first place, it shouldn't have to teach people how to raise their kids or stop eating themselves to death.

I don't think for one minute anyone has ever neglected their kid, or allowed their family to fly apart, with the thought that the state will come running to their rescue in the end.

The fact remains there has been rapid and fundamental change to the way we live in this country over the last few decades. Work used to be central to the lives of the working class as-was, i.e whole communities built around one industry. They were the ties that bind, just as the hunt or the harvest bound the communities of old - mutual shared interest as opposed to being picked out from the crowd and encouraged by the whisperers to leave everyone else behind and look after yourself.

I was thinking about how much where I live has changed over the last two decades. My mate is from working class stock but is a teacher now with his own house, but he doesn't have time to settle down or have kids, even though he's going on 29.

His dad worked at the local chemical firm, and it occurred to me that a generation ago his dad would have taken him to work there along with his brothers.

They probably would have met girls there and had kids younger, who in turn would have went to the same school.

At night they'd probably have attended one of the many social and sporting clubs around here (many of which are dying)

So, while he wouldn't have the trappings of his present teacher's middle class lifestyle, he would have been part of a rich community fabric.

Now, I have no doubt that he wouldn't be willing to sacrifice what he's got now for what he could have had at some chemical plant and his happy with the life he's got - but what a fundamental shift? That's how communities died, that's how family ties were lost. Both regulated themselves and didn't need to be checked and monitored by any external source.

Oh look out, the single mum man-haters are clubbing together.

The facts are that most men are frankly pretty decent human-beings. When parents split up, usually the woman turns into an even bigger bitch than she was when they were together, ensuring in the process that any chance of equal responsible parenting is a non-starter.

I've scan-read the article and this thread in relative depth, and can say for sure that this woman is a self-centred little slag who has got off quite lightly under the circumstances.

All this talk of "understanding" her situation is amazonian bra-burning bullshit. Regardless of her circumstances, she found herself charged with the care of the kids, and she fucked off not for a little respite from the supposed pressures of single parenthood, but for a bit of a piss-up with her mates.

She is proof, if proof were needed, that legalised cuntpunching is long overdue in this country.

I'm afraid Leeson negged this post while I was logged in, ironically whilst I was making his dinner. I feel compeled to apologise, as I laughed at it. It reminded me of the good old days, when you were funny.

Steady on SD i may have to rep you here.

An adult that has probably not had a break in how long? Ever done it?

response to

1, What utter bollocks, fuck me, you really have no idea do you? A single father reaps in the benefits of society, most of the single fathers i know are bloody excellent and they will be the first to admit that the help they receive from friends and family they don't think they would get if they'd of been the mother. Society makes allowances for single dads, so what the child wore odd socks to school, no biggy. For a man it would be laughed off, for a woman she'd be considered useless.

Clouded her judgement - seriously, you've never compromised what you thought was right and wrong through alcohol? she's at home bottle of wine downed - kids are all asleep in bed, mate knocks round - nip down the road to the pub the kids'll be fine... - drugs involved, by that point i've no doubt she'd of been high as a kite with not a care in the world.

2, You think that's just it? You think Social services wont have any say in the matter of future contact? Do you think this woman will ever be allowed to have custody of her children again? Possibly deserved you might say. I think its fair to say as mother who has had this, loosing or having limited contact with your children is more punishment then you or anyone could ever imagine.

3, Do fuck off with the all fathers are hard done by line, they're not. It's a minority. Just like the case of this woman. What isn't a minority is the number of single mothers out there that pick up the pieces when men fuck becasue the grass is greener on the other side.

Oh again, its that easy? Do you have any idea how many 24 hour periods i've had off this year? ok, the last two years? I can count on one hand mate. Smiler pays his way on the CSA basis of almost no contact, he doesn't however see the kids. Calls them almost every day. Thats good enough isn't it? its contact - its what's needed?

No but its a condemning article about how a mother is shite. Yes she is a bit. Pretty sure the 3 fathers can claim to being shite too. The mother has been named, why not the dad's?

What utter tripe, I lived on single parent benefit for around a year not so long ago, before this i was working two jobs to make ends meet. Trust me that money is fuck all, i don't smoke i rarely drink. (haha, fuck off you lot i make up for it when i do go out) I don't have sky. I'm incredibly careful with money. I have to be. The funds might be generous in compared to the whole of Europe, but media hype that its enough is a way off the mark. Kids suffer in most cases, ?1m kids still below the poverty line in this country. Yeah, the benefit (under) class is a wonderful place to be.

Shame state, on who? on the mother for being a single mum or the dad for walking out? Very few women choose to be a single parent, we don't go out and think right, i'm going to shag someone tonight, get pregnant and have a baby all because i want a council house and benefits. No, a fair few of us are actually in a long term relationship when we get pregnant. We may of been young and think it won't happen to us, we may have been in an abusive relationship. It may very well of been a drunken one night stand. But a majority didn't go out to be a single parent intentionally.

Your bottom up approach, starting where? And please lay off the big sociology words, i'm doing it as part of my degree and i still don't have a fucking clue what most of it means. Ta. x

She'll never be a parent again, whats stated is the court case rulings. The ongoing issue will be contact and thats about it. She may get lucky as the kids are older and be able to have unsupervised contact but that would be a very long way off.

How much punishment is necessary?

McCann family, doctors out for an evening meal, possibly allot of wine. Kids unsupervised in a hotel room. They still have custody and its not even supervised. Difference?

1. A single father reaps the benefits? What fucking benefits?

My Brother has a young daughter with his ex, relationship is going grand, proper happy families. Next minute she's too tied down and hasn't 'found herself yet' so fucks off traveling leaving him to look after a 10 month old baby. He works full time (or did) so gets fuck all help financially bar a few quid. His ex didn't speak to her family so no support there, our Ma lives nearly two hours away so the most support he got from her was a phone call when he's balling his heart out to her. My ol fella hasn't a clue about kids so no support there. I try and help as much as I can but work fucking long hours and what do I know about raisng a one year old girl. I throw him as much money as I can afford and a fair whack I can't which keeps up with nappies, clothes and what not but where is there any REAL support for HIM and his DAUGHTER?

And what about society making excuses for single dads? Fuck me my Brothers partner fuscks off travelling for nearly two years, Joe doesn't want to get involved in any relationships as he doesn't want to cause any confusion for his daughter. Twice in nearly two years he had a night out with a fuck at the end of it. The abuse he got off the other Mothers for this was disgusting.

2. Having your children taken away for no good reason is far more punishment then that stupid cow got. For two years my Brothers ex was off fucking and drinking her way around the world while he was left with virtually fuck all support at home, he had to do everything, even dropping down to a two day week at work. This bitch of an ex of his finally decides to come home two years later and decides she wants to daughter back, Joe rightly tells her to fuck off. She gos to court on legal aid, Joe has to pay all of his legal fees and she is awarded full time custody with Joe having access every other weekend. Until she starts telling lies that he's an unsuitable Father and he has to have supervised fucking access!

Which is the bigger punishment? Looking after and raising your own flesh and blood as best as you can and having your child snatched from you or having a fucking tag put on you! The bitch should have done time.

3. Just like all Mothers aren't hard done by, buts its easy to scream loudest and everyone listens don't they.

Yes Fathers fuck things up, so do Mothers. the fact one has a prick should make no fucking difference what so ever and they should not be treated differently.

As an aside i completely agree with the way the McCanns were dealt with by all. Single Mother/Father from a council estate would have been crucified by the like of the Daily Mail, quite rightly too, rich Drs are a different story.

I'm afraid Leeson negged this post while I was logged in, ironically whilst I was making his dinner. I feel compeled to apologise, as I laughed at it. It reminded me of the good old days, when you were funny.

He did indeed. I see what is going on here. The desperate lonely old fuck is clearly trying to get back into your knickers. You should let him. Clock is ticking. You won't be slightly below average looking for ever mate.

Binge drink mother sentenced to brief babysitter search | newsarse.com

A mother who abandoned her four young children to go on a 24-hour drink and drug binge has been sentenced to think about getting a babysitter next time.

Rebecca Stevenson, 22, of Blackburn, left alone her two boys and two girls, aged from three months to four years, in July.

After a week long trial she was sentenced to undertaking a search of local teenagers willing to watch her kids for a fiver next time she goes out to get utterly nutted on cheap cider.

In closing, the Judge Norman Wright told Preston Crown Court, “Look, we’re not killjoys, getting completely shit-faced for 24 hours is a quintessentially British thing to do.”

“Like punching strangers at f**tball matches and dressing up to kill foxes.”

“We’ve had a good laugh about it to be honest, especially after Ms Stevenson told us that great anecdote during evidence about going down on a bloke round the back of the pub after he bought her a flaming sambucca.”

“So rather than punish her, we’re simply asking if she wouldn’t mind possibly looking for a baby sitter next time? If she’s OK with that, of course.”

The sentence has been criticised by children’s charities, who pointed out that the children received better care when left to fend for themselves than when under the control of Ms. Stevenson.

Childline spokesperson Shelly James told us, “At the end of the day we want what’s best for the children.”

“And if the choice is leaving a four year old in charge of three babies, or having them follow the example set by a mother more interested in getting off her tits on coke and lambrinis than keeping them alive, then we’ll take a few badly fitted shitty nappies every time.”

“We petitioned the court to let the four children have their own council house, in the hope of a reasonably normal upbringing, but ensuring they continue to live with this booze-addled skank means we’ll no doubt be complaining about their own parenting skills in about ten years time.”

Col would:

rebecca.jpg

He did indeed. I see what is going on here. The desperate lonely old fuck is clearly trying to get back into your knickers. You should let him. Clock is ticking. You won't be slightly below average looking for ever mate.

This realisation has dawned on me recently, so I've decided the way forward is the older man. My boyfriend is 10 years older than me, so I'm still a comparative trophy bird.

I would just like to say that the victims here aren't really the mother or the father in this instance, it's the children. Don't forget the kids.

I don't think anyone was suggesting otherwise Dave. That wasn't my intention anyway.

1. A single father reaps the benefits? What fucking benefits?

I was referring to social leeway. Society grants single dad's more leeway then single mothers. I wasn't meaning benefits of a financial sort.

My Brother has a young daughter with his ex, relationship is going grand, proper happy families. Next minute she's too tied down and hasn't 'found herself yet' so fucks off traveling leaving him to look after a 10 month old baby. He works full time (or did) so gets fuck all help financially bar a few quid. His ex didn't speak to her family so no support there, our Ma lives nearly two hours away so the most support he got from her was a phone call when he's balling his heart out to her. My ol fella hasn't a clue about kids so no support there. I try and help as much as I can but work fucking long hours and what do I know about raisng a one year old girl. I throw him as much money as I can afford and a fair whack I can't which keeps up with nappies, clothes and what not but where is there any REAL support for HIM and his DAUGHTER?

This is different how to any other single mum of one?

And what about society making excuses for single dads? Fuck me my Brothers partner fuscks off travelling for nearly two years, Joe doesn't want to get involved in any relationships as he doesn't want to cause any confusion for his daughter. Twice in nearly two years he had a night out with a fuck at the end of it. The abuse he got off the other Mothers for this was disgusting.

He's doing better then me in my 4 years, Fair play.

2. Having your children taken away for no good reason is far more punishment then that stupid cow got. For two years my Brothers ex was off fucking and drinking her way around the world while he was left with virtually fuck all support at home, he had to do everything, even dropping down to a two day week at work. This bitch of an ex of his finally decides to come home two years later and decides she wants to daughter back, Joe rightly tells her to fuck off. She gos to court on legal aid, Joe has to pay all of his legal fees and she is awarded full time custody with Joe having access every other weekend. Until she starts telling lies that he's an unsuitable Father and he has to have supervised fucking access!

I am really struggling with the work issue your raising, single mothers don't work? They don't arrange their hours to suit the needs of their children? The legal aid, I've missed how that is different from any other single working mum. What i am saying is people make allowances for single dad's more so then single mothers.

People fight, break ups are messy. We all know that, we learn by our mistakes. No doubt your brother may have handled things differently when the ex left and travelled. There are things that can be sorted legally to try and prevent her coming back and behaving as she did.

Im not saying all men are cunts, far from it. I know a fair few shit hot single dads. I know a fair few cunt dad's and all. I know some bitch women who feel the need to still go in for the kill on ex partners for what ever reason. I sometimes wonder if i am for my behaviour.

Supervised access is terminated once a full assessment is made and deemed safe, so it really is a temporary thing. Albeit heart wrenching at the time.

Which is the bigger punishment? Looking after and raising your own flesh and blood as best as you can and having your child snatched from you or having a fucking tag put on you! The bitch should have done time.

I never said doing time was an issue, i said that in my opinion the punishment was sufficient, this isnt something that will go away. This will affect her for the rest of her life. I'm sure she would rather do time and have it over and done with in 3 months then what she is about to face.

3. Just like all Mothers aren't hard done by, buts its easy to scream loudest and everyone listens don't they.

Yes Fathers fuck things up, so do Mothers. the fact one has a prick should make no fucking difference what so ever and they should not be treated differently.

But that's the crux of my argument, they are.

[YOUTUBE]Qh2sWSVRrmo[/YOUTUBE]

negged for auto play.

One thing I would say, Melons, is that the burden often placed on mothers in rearing kids is outweighed by the complete control over birth and custody that mothers usually have. I'd say the pros outweigh the cons on that score.

It's hard to get away from the roles that nature has designated for the sexes as there's no law that you can pass that will overide millions of years of the evolution of our hormones and biology. I do think that a shift to allow full maternity leave to be taken by whichever of the partners the couple choose would change our societal view of child rearing as a female job though.

One thing I would say, Melons, is that the burden often placed on mothers in rearing kids is outweighed by the complete control over birth and custody that mothers usually have. I'd say the pros outweigh the cons on that score.

It's hard to get away from the roles that nature has designated for the sexes as there's no law that you can pass that will overide millions of years of the evolution of our hormones and biology. I do think that a shift to allow full maternity leave to be taken by whichever of the partners the couple choose would change our societal view of child rearing as a female job though.

(i swear, that bitch is getting negged again when i get the chance)

I'm loosing what your saying as i read it over and over. The initial paragraph, are you saying because someone has control over where she pops the baby out and the custody that follows (becasue of legal status of the parents) that it outweighs any burden? Women have little to no control over the birth itself and will in most to nearly all cases go along with medical advise. A woman with placenta previa will die as will the baby should she not have a caesarian section. Loads of choice there. The custody that follows can be battled for the initial custody is granted due to roles society has afforded.

The control is what society gives to mothers, I don't think gender roles are so much biologically determined, more that we couldnt get away from the past. With the invention of contraception we have come to have more control of our lives. Women are born with a uterus but that doesn't mean we are going to be perfect mothers. Men are born with ability to produce sperm, it doesn't mean they are to be perfect fathers. Society just expects us to. We are given the role of childrearing as genetically we are seen to be inferior (weak) on the work (hunter gatherer) front and thus excel on the home life.

Emperor penguins are fascinating in how they deal with their young.

(i swear, that bitch is getting negged again when i get the chance)

I'm loosing what your saying as i read it over and over. The initial paragraph, are you saying because someone has control over where she pops the baby out and the custody that follows (becasue of legal status of the parents) that it outweighs any burden? Women have little to no control over the birth itself and will in most to nearly all cases go along with medical advise. A woman with placenta previa will die as will the baby should she not have a caesarian section. Loads of choice there. The custody that follows can be battled for the initial custody is granted due to roles society has afforded.

The control is what society gives to mothers, I don't think gender roles are so much biologically determined, more that we couldnt get away from the past. With the invention of contraception we have come to have more control of our lives. Women are born with a uterus but that doesn't mean we are going to be perfect mothers. Men are born with ability to produce sperm, it doesn't mean they are to be perfect fathers. Society just expects us to. We are given the role of childrearing as genetically we are seen to be inferior (weak) on the work (hunter gatherer) front and thus excel on the home life.

Emperor penguins are fascinating in how they deal with their young.

Some biology you can't escape Melons. Men can't breastfeed for a start. Female and male genetics are wired for different purposes, as far as we've come in our societal development that is still true. A woman's dna has programmes for rearing young that a male simply doesn't have. I see where you are going with the penguin but we have evolved in a slighty different way to that, in the same way the preying mantis has evolved differently too.

My first point was about the fact that although there is the sad prospect of being left to rear your child alone for a woman that, in my opinion, is a preferrable fate that to wanting to rear your child and being told you won't be able to, a pretty much singularly male situation. A female will also never see her child terminated without her consent or not being terminated against their wishes. Obviously a woman's body is her own but the debate about the fate of the responsibilities and repercussions once that baby is born are as complex as any we could discuss. In summary, I think that with regard to children women have most of the control over the situation and as such, on the whole, they have the better of the situation.

I'd say it's actually compassionate for society to set boundaries for people. But society has by and large given up that role as it's been usurped by the liberal state which promulgates relativism. Section's leftist solution is for the state to get bigger -parenting licenses. I'd say that's unnecessary and totalitarian. My more rightist argument would be to reduce the state and allow society to self-regulate once more on the proviso that most of society shares roughly the same moral code. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case so I'd hazard to guess that Section's solution will be a real possibility in the coming years.

I'm not really interested in causing personal upset or getting into an emotional argument on the interweb. I'm only interested in rational debate. So after this post: "I'm out".

Utilitarian.

Some biology you can't escape Melons. Men can't breastfeed for a start. Female and male genetics are wired for different purposes, as far as we've come in our societal development that is still true. A woman's dna has programmes for rearing young that a male simply doesn't have. I see where you are going with the penguin but we have evolved in a slighty different way to that, in the same way the preying mantis has evolved differently too.

My first point was about the fact that although there is the sad prospect of being left to rear your child alone for a woman that, in my opinion, is a preferrable fate that to wanting to rear your child and being told you won't be able to, a pretty much singularly male situation. A female will also never see her child terminated without her consent or not being terminated against their wishes. Obviously a woman's body is her own but the debate about the fate of the responsibilities and repercussions once that baby is born are as complex as any we could discuss. In summary, I think that with regard to children women have most of the control over the situation and as such, on the whole, they have the better of the situation.

Very simplistic, but i agree with what your saying.