You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Some of the female presenters on SSN are woeful and are really starting to annoy me. Beyond being eye candy (and a bit questionable in that department for some) some of them are barely able to read the autocue in away that conveys what they are describing far less being able to contribute to any discussion/ offer an opinion that is being reported to them. You would think just sitting there they would absorb more of what is going on around them than is apparent. God love her, my daughter has picked up more about football and cricket just being in the same room as us when such conversations are taking place...and she has no interest in these things

I have always quite liked Leon Osman,and will be pleased to see him win an England Cap tomorrow night(if he does). Good little player,who I always thought may have been more suited to the slower pace of International Football than the Premier League. Fast feet, an eye for a pass and a goal, and just comes across as a decent guy all round.Plus it's always nice to see local(ish) lads get a game for England.

Assaidi and sahin are shit

Bit early to write both off isn't it?

What has Beckham said?

He praised Suarez on Sky sports before one of our matches. Can't remember exactly what he said.

not sure I agree with that one, when he was at Chelsea the stick was probably a bit more than he deserved due to Terry etc no doubt pulling a few strings in the media but even then at Chelsea and now at Tottenham I've seen nothing to convince me he is a good manager, in fact sometimes I think he is a complete loon

The stick Rafa and Mourinho got towards the end of their reigns in England was the most ridiculous I'd seen once the media decided it was time for them to go

not sure I agree with that one, when he was at Chelsea the stick was probably a bit more than he deserved due to Terry etc no doubt pulling a few strings in the media but even then at Chelsea and now at Tottenham I've seen nothing to convince me he is a good manager, in fact sometimes I think he is a complete loon

The stick Rafa and Mourinho got towards the end of their reigns in England was the most ridiculous I'd seen once the media decided it was time for them to go

Spurs are in 8th place, 3 points off fifth. I agree that the stick for Rafa and Mourinho was over the top, but I'm pretty sure that AvB will be getting more of it. Even the success he had with Porto is a stick to beat him with, what with winning a title in Portugal and a UEFA Cup being rubbish achievements and all... compared to Spurs under Redknapp.

I would happily take Torres back for £10-15m. I dream that he still has it in him and that he just cannot be motivated to play for Chavski.

I think we need a taller and more commanding centre back like Shawcross.

I think Reina is finished as a top drawer keeper.

I think Gerrard is finished as a top drawer player

I know it's an amnesty thread, but....

My football watching habits these days involve minimal commentary and infinitesimal punditry and I am a happier man for it.

Don't like his opinion, I like his passion for the game.

Like his celebration when Gerrard scored vs Olympiakos.

I'd love to see Rafa get back into the managerial game where he belongs. A QPR-type situation would be perfect for him in terms of investment (plus their squad is better than their league position suggests).

Mainly what I'd enjoy about it is seeing is him taking a team directly after one of these gravy train-riding, no-mark (Hughes), ex-player, British hacks who constantly get an easier ride than their foreign counterparts. I am sure he would do a better job than the likes of Hughes.

Fuck, even the much-maligned AVB has achieved more in his 3 seasons of management than most of these shithouses put together.

Spurs are in 8th place, 3 points off fifth. I agree that the stick for Rafa and Mourinho was over the top, but I'm pretty sure that AvB will be getting more of it. Even the success he had with Porto is a stick to beat him with, what with winning a title in Portugal and a UEFA Cup being rubbish achievements and all... compared to Spurs under Redknapp.

The stick he gets is ridiculous.

The dailymail were actually having a go at him for using a notepad in the Arsenal game!

Andre Villas-Boas notepad can't stop Tottenham losing to Arsenal | Mail Online

I know that people will say what do you expect reading the mail etc but its just a really shit article to attack Villas-Boas for something that isn't even a big deal and shows that there is some sort of media bias against him.

The stick he gets is ridiculous.

The dailymail were actually having a go at him for using a notepad in the Arsenal game!

Andre Villas-Boas notepad can't stop Tottenham losing to Arsenal | Mail Online

I know that people will say what do you expect reading the mail etc but its just a really shit article to attack Villas-Boas for something that isn't even a big deal and shows that there is some sort of media bias against him.

That's because he's shit, a one club wonder. He doesn't even crouch anymore, the ginger bearded dwarf.

Don't like his opinion, I like his passion for the game.

Like his celebration when Gerrard scored vs Olympiakos.

I didn't even mind his opinions most of the time.

Whether you're agreeing with them or not the commentary is part of the package for me...and the analysis. Can be a harmless way of venting your anger at the game...and if we're winning, who cares anyway

I didn't even mind his opinions most of the time.

I didn't either.

I couldn't stand Keys (and still can't), but I always liked Gray and do miss him. Especially when we have to listen to Redknapp or Niall Quinn instead, who both just sit on the fence.

At least Gray wasn't scared to give an opinion.

I hate Barcelona with a passion!... except for Messi, you can`t hate Messi?, can you?

It all started when Busquets dived and the cameras cought him peeking. Then I saw Alves diving and that was it. Barca can go fuck themselves. Lying, cheating, Unicef-wearing do-good hypocrits!

...And there should be more beards (like big and thick ones) and headbands in modern day football. This is a mans game and I`m tired of all of these fuckboys and their slick greasy har and diamondstudded earrings. WHAT SORT OF A MAN WEARS EARRINGS!!