You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

So, Rafa being keen to sell him to Juve and Arsenal, but it not happening was down to Xabi wanting to leave us and go to Spain. Out of the blue.

Or maybe it was down to the board blocking the sale.

I think it might have been that second one.

You declared that Tom was living in Crazyland? You're making shit up to suit your argument.

No. I acceopt that Xabi didn't want to leave in 2008, but if he was going to have to go, then he wanted to go back to Spain. This didn't happen, so he stayed another year as we stopped trying to sell once we didn't get Barry.

However, Xabi's form greatly improved and he, for the first time in 2 seasons, became indespensable so rafa wanted to keep him. However, he got his knickers in a twist and slapped in his transfer request once he knew Real now wanted him through his agent.

JohnnyH. you're being a total dick here.

you asked how we knew the truth, had the player himself actually told us. And I told you that he most definitelty had, thereby surely ending the argument with any sane and rational human. But not you.

It just proves that people like you will only believe what they want to believe, even when someone has the balls to lay out on the line what they know.

So fuck you.

Carry on...

Why should I believe that your information is true though? You seem to think that your opinion should be enough for me to immediately stop debating a given point.

I'm not saying you're a liar or anything of the sort. I'm just saying that, for me, you are not the bastian of LFC information which will make me just immediately back down once you have imparted your view. No one on these boards is. But by God you really have a major issue when anyone disagrees with you. Straight to neg and the abuse.

Yeah, I would. I think £30m, up front, is huge money.

However, I'm a football supporter and am thinking that we would get to spend all thirty.

The fact remains that we sold Xabi for £30m in cash, and we spent £11m or so.

That's just ridiculous.

But that's not the managers fault, indeed after signing Aquilani Rafa went on record as saying we could sign one more big player without having to sell anyone.

I'm not accusing you of blaming Rafa for that BTW in case that's how it sounds. It just seems that the rug was pulled from under everyone.

My opinion on it mostly is that if Rafa really wanted to keep him he would have stayed. And also that if Xabi really wanted to stay he'd still be here now. Fault on both sides and neither come out of it with much glory.

Why should I believe that your information is true though? You seem to think that your opinion should be enough for me to immediately stop debating a given point.

I'm not saying you're a liar or anything of the sort. I'm just saying that, for me, you are not the bastian of LFC information which will make me just immediately back down once you have imparted your view. No one on these boards is. But by God you really have a major issue when anyone disagrees with you. Straight to neg and the abuse.

You wanted to know how Ted knew the information and if Xabi himself told him.

Tom said Xabi told HIM and that is how Ted knows about it.

And now you are asking why you should believe Tom?

It is just silly.

Alonso told me, when I was hearing his confession, that Alonso insisted on moving because Rafa threatened to eat his one year old child. To prove the extra 70,000 euros offered by Real Madrid had nothing to do with it he offered to hand out that amount in cash every week to supporters in the LFC membership scheme. But Rafa forbid it.

Normally I would not break the seal of confession but my loyalty to TLW trumps my holy vow to Alonso and God.

Fucking Gerrard the lying twat telling us all that Alonso had told him he wanted to 'start another chapter' when really Alonso can't have said no such thing.

This is always ignored. As is Xabis very fair major complaint on how much money he was losing in England. People just don't want to consider this in the nasty Rafa - lovely Xabi debate.

To all other on this thread, I apologise for this ending up about me and Tom, but I'm not going to be Bullied just because he feels his comment should be the end of the thread and accepted by me as 100% fact. It's a discussion forum, for discussion.

I've said it before and I'll say it again if Real or any club had offered £30m for Xabi when we were chasing Barry virtually everyone of you would have driven Xabi to the airport yourselves.

To suggest otherwise is utter revisionist bullshit.

Why say it again when people on here have already dismissed as utter bollocks?

You wanted to know how Ted knew the information and if Xabi himself told him.

Tom said Xabi told HIM and that is how Ted knows about it.

And now you are asking why you should believe Tom?

It is just silly.

Zacklee.

believe it or not, but arguing with ME about it is just fucking stupid, when I've already told you that I KNOW what happened!

It's quite funny actually.

Like I'm supposed to go, "oh no, hang on, you're right actually. I imagined everything!"

haha

Alonso told me, when I was hearing his confession, that Alonso insisted on moving because Rafa threatened to eat his one year old child. To prove the extra 70,000 euros offered by Real Madrid had nothing to do with it he offered to hand out that amount in cash every week to supporters in the LFC membership scheme. But Rafa forbid it.

Normally I would not break the seal of confession but my loyalty to TLW trumps my holy vow to Alonso and God.

Do us all a favour make a vow of not posting on here.

Your smugness is dripping down the screen.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
he didn't really want to go anywhere.

give it up.

It's getting silly now.

That's why he handed in a transfer request?

Strange