You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harry Potter The half blood prince.

Guest simon

• 2 weeks later...

This is the GF. We're allowed to single out movies in other threads, no?

Anyhoo - went to see this tonight with Little Lurtz. Fucking superb. Really enjoyed it. I've never read any of the books and I have no desire to but over the years I've taken LL to see all of the films. This one was probably the most enjoyable since the first, possibly even better. Really good, entertaining film and I'm very much looking forward to the Deathly Hallows whenever that comes out.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I didn't like the film all that much, but my overwhelming urge to finger Hermione's bumhole made the film almost bearable.

If this thread was started around the time of the first three films. Some serious questions would be raised.

As well as alarms at the paedo task force HQ. As it were though, I'd fucking well get in there. Can't believe she was fucking that scruffy cunt from Razorlight. Scruffy cunt.

I thought it was pretty average and treading water for the big finale. Which, of course, Warner Brothers are conveniently splitting into two films so as to milk every last penny from their soon-to-be-no-more cash cow.

I thought it was pretty average and treading water for the big finale. Which, of course, Warner Brothers are conveniently splitting into two films so as to milk every last penny from their soon-to-be-no-more cash cow.

Is the correct diagnosis, doctor.

The whole thing really was a big tee-up, and I also felt, despite not having read the book, that they had great difficulty crowbarring a very long book into a two-and-a-half-hour film, which led to confusing jumps in the story. It really didn't hang together well.

Apparently, early test-screenings fared abysmally, and they went back and re-shot a shitload of it, so that may go some way to explaining the overhanging feeling of inconsistency.

I've always been a massive fan of the books and have been dissapointed with every single film, none more so than this one. I really, really hated it, thought it was very unfaithful to the book. Sometimes Books should just stay books.

The film is alright, but when your a fan of the books its a bit of a let down as your waiting for such and such to happen and then for such a thing to happen and it doesn't fucking happen!! - this pisses me off greatly.

The last film, being split into 2 is needed, there is no way they could cram that into one 2½ hour session. It would be utter shit. Though thinking back, i cant think where they may split it??

The film is alright, but when your a fan of the books its a bit of a let down as your waiting for such and such to happen and then for such a thing to happen and it doesn't fucking happen!! - this pisses me off greatly.

The last film, being split into 2 is needed, there is no way they could cram that into one 2½ hour session. It would be utter shit. Though thinking back, i cant think where they may split it??

I reckon about halfway through would be best. I may email Warner Brothers with that suggestion.

People moan that the films leave out lots that are in the books, yet these same people are moaning that the last book will be split into two films. There's so much in that last book that a 2/3 hr film would'nt give it justice.

People moan that the films leave out lots that are in the books, yet these same people are moaning that the last book will be split into two films. There's so much in that last book that a 2/3 hr film would'nt give it justice.

I don't think they'll do it justice no matter how long they make it, the last 6 films have shown that.

This is probably just me but the way I imagined the characters to be as described in the books are nothing like what they are portrayed on screen, and this is something I've felt from the first film onwards. I think Gambon is totally wrong for the role of Dumbledore and don't think the casting was done too well on some of the other characters either. This is just personal opinion of course, I'm sure many imagined the characters as they are.

Lord Of The Rings for me was very good in that the characters were very, very similar to what I had imagined them to be like when I read the books.