You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Huth, Roque, Antwi and MacKay-Steven Released.

Guido

I don't watch the young players so I can't comment on their ability first hand, but I'm surprised at Huth. He got a good write up in World Soccer recently as the best defender in a tournament.

There was another thread on this a few weeks ago. Apparently someone "forgot" his contract needed renewing and now he's just been sold for a million or so.

I don't watch the young players so I can't comment on their ability first hand, but I'm surprised at Huth. He got a good write up in World Soccer recently as the best defender in a tournament.

Well, from the match reports on the reserves during the year, and in various articles in the fanzine to do with the players at the Academy and Melwood, Huth was one of those that people felt weren't going to make it here. If that's the case, then the decision to let him go is the correct one so that he can make a career for himself at another club.

Roque and Antwi are understandable as they are both 21 and don't look like being anywhere near good enough to make a career with us. I think Antwi may well stay in England, and no doubt Roque will go back home to Spain.

It's a shame with Mackay-Steven as he looked good before his injuries, but I suppose with Amoo and Kaca both being promoted to the ressies then there are going to be one or two players in their positions being let go. I thought he looked better than Crowther though. Weren't Fulham linked with GMS?

I am suprised about Huth, and the rumour about us 'forgetting' his contract was up does seem plausible with such an incompetent chief exec in charge. He looked alright for us, and did very well as someone said in the U20 championships. But with Antwi, Roque and Kennedy being let go, and San Jose and Kelly both ideally needing loan moves, it leaves us very short at centre back.

Still, we do need a clear out of the ressies, and these are players that will probably never had made it with us anyway, lets hope the likes of Hansen, Plessis, Flora, Simon, Mendy etc are shipped out aswell.

Seems like O'Connor, Ajdarevic, Scott, Kasami and Metcalf have been released as well, as they are no longer listed in the Academy squad on the offal and none were promoted. Highdale the only one kept on for 3rd year in academy, which is understandable.

Seems like O'Connor, Ajdarevic, Scott, Kasami and Metcalf have been released as well, as they are no longer listed in the Academy squad on the offal and none were promoted. Highdale the only one kept on for 3rd year in academy, which is understandable.

Metcalf went to Wolves

the others have been announced as released but i haven't seen anything on the Swiss kid Kasami but you are right no sign on the offal youth profiles

Kennedy and Adarevijic were announced ages ago. Like some time last year.

Knew about Ajdarevic but not Kennedy.

Just seen that Mihaylov is no longer listed either, which is odd. Has the loan been made permanent seeing as we'd never get a permit?!

Knew about Ajdarevic but not Kennedy.

Just seen that Mihaylov is no longer listed either, which is odd. Has the loan been made permanent seeing as we'd never get a permit?!

There was something ages ago about doubts on getting his permit. Haven't heard anything firm though.

Maldini might know.

If I make up a load of names nobody with half a life has ever heard of, pretend I really know how good they are and make like I've been to some shitty piece of hardstanding on the very outskirts of Skelmersdale or St Helens towatch them play on a wet Tuesday evening, can I join in this conversation?

Here:

Does anybody know the situation with Gentzwer? I thought he was good in the 08 preseasons against Hunts Cross but then so was Vantra and look what happened to him. Last I heard he's been shipped back to Tegstown with Curdin (now THERE'S a cunt). Me and Steve (TuftyHx5 on here) stood there open-jawed at his dreadful positional play in the inverse formation so favoured by Ditsy.

And think what we paid. At least 48 for Gen, 12.232 (appearance-related on ratchetting scheme) for Barnick and four cross-payments or equivalent at Ditsy's intiate. Good riddance all eight of them. And thanks a fucking bunch Stockley.

• Upvote 1

If I make up a load of names nobody with half a life has ever heard of, pretend I really know how good they are and make like I've been to some shitty piece of hardstanding on the very outskirts of Skelmersdale or St Helens towatch them play on a wet Tuesday evening, can I join in this conversation?

I'm guessing you still have no idea that you and Christopher Buchtmann were seperated at birth then.

Picture%20021.jpg

profile.jpg

You could have a reunion party at Prenton Park!

p.s. Bros were shit.