You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you read Tony's piece yesterday? It was pretty clear.

You mean the third hand information with no direct quotes from Xabi, fed from Rafa`s press office?

Yes I did read it, I`dont think gthere are any need for me to say what I thought about it though.

Where has he stated this then?

I can't help but feel that negotiating behind your present club's back with someone who was only expected to be El Presidente of another club is something of a big clue.

By the way, your post the other day about being in the right place at the right time to get jobs had the faint whiff of bitterness about it. Have you and Rafa crossed paths professionally? Or would come under not divulging your personal information.

Would around £15m as well leaving cash towards Silva if we can get £30m for Alonso.

I'd prefer Moutinho/Veloso/Aquilani over Defour but what do i know?

Whoever it is, we'll get behind them...well some of us will.

If Xabi's done by the weekend, the replacement will have to be in quick sharp to join up with the pre-season trips.

Veloso is a good shout and is left central if i remember rightly so would add balance to the midfield.

Whoever signs they would have some pretty big shoes to fill and i dont mean the ones Parry left behind in his office.

By the way, your post the other day about being in the right place at the right time to get jobs had the faint whiff of bitterness about it. Have you and Rafa crossed paths professionally? Or would come under not divulging your personal information.

No bitterness at all, I`m just stating a fact.

Like I said, start a thread about it with your thoughts on it and I`ll have my say later when I have the time to sit down and write a long enough post to touch the subjects I need to address to put forward a solid reasoned argument.

No bitterness at all, I`m just stating a fact.

Like I said, start a thread about it with your thoughts on it and I`ll have my say later when I have the time to sit down and write a long enough post to touch the subjects I need to address to put forward a solid reasoned argument.

There you go mucker

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/81373-reasons-why-code72-isnt-professional-footballer-manager-thread.html#post1808112

TheGame - Times Online - WBLG: The men who could replace Xabi Alonso at Liverpool

The men who could replace Xabi Alonso at Liverpool

Wesley Sneijder

Johnson

Sulley Muntari

Steven Defour

Miguel Veloso

The only one I can see us going in for in this list would be Defour.

I think a more realistic list would be something like.

Inler

Defour

Noble

Cambiasso

Moussa Sissoko

or even M. Diarra or Gago if ever Rafa accepts a cash plus player deal.

We've been also been linked with Aquilani today. Don't know that much about him.

while i am resigned to Xabi leaving we must get in Wesley Snjeider as his replacement

it would seem that I am not alone in this point of view either:

Life after Xabi Alonso: How Liverpool can fill Spaniard's void - Telegraph

The names mentioned so far in dispatches indicate that may be the case. Javi Martinez, of Athletic Bilbao, is a traditional box-to-box midfielder, but he remains raw. Esteban Cambiasso, of Inter Milan, would be another to add more energy to Liverpool’s play, though the best option – ruled out thus far by Benitez – would be Real Madrid’s excellent Wesley Sneijder.

We should deffo sign Per Ciljan Skjelbred as one of the two midfielders we need to bring in to replace Alonso.

Are you for real??...seriously?...Skjelbred has stagnated for 4 years or so since he broke through. He is NOWHERE near being even close to being good enough.

Apparantly he likes the night life as well.

Do you think I don't know that people do it to me and thats why I said it? There are loads on here I despise, have you ever heard me ask them not to be quoted? Its fucking gay to the max, fucking girls grow some balls if you wanna be amongst men.

You despise people on here? Fucking hell. I don't despise you Rash, just wish you'd be honest, use the Rashid name you know, instead of the TT nonsense. I'd still think you talk nonsense untill its been shown you do then you change your mind and pretend its coz you are grown up and can change your mind and then blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are you for real??...seriously?...Skjelbred has stagnated for 4 years or so since he broke through. He is NOWHERE near being even close to being good enough.

Apparantly he likes the night life as well.

Yes I am.

I`m not sure what you have seen of him, but whenever I watch him I can see a player who will blossom with better players around him.

He has the vision, he has the technique, he has the stamina and he has the pace to be a star on this level.

He would fit straight into our style as well.

Skjelbred is twice the player Lucas is for one, to bring him in for around £4M and then buy another CM is the way I would do it to replace Alonso, if we buy one player it will not be enough because no one has the quality to replace him, we need more strings to play on if we lose Alonso, so we need two players to achieve this.

Skjelbred should be one of them as he is young, reasonable cheap and with one hell of a potential.

Yes I am.

I`m not sure what you have seen of him, but whenever I watch him I can see a player who will blossom with better players around him.

He has the vision, he has the technique, he has the stamina and he has the pace to be a star on this level.

He would fit straight into our style as well.

Skjelbred is twice the player Lucas is for one, to bring him in for around £4M and then buy another CM is the way I would do it to replace Alonso, if we buy one player it will not be enough because no one has the quality to replace him, we need more strings to play on if we lose Alonso, so we need two players to achieve this.

Skjelbred should be one of them as he is young, reasonable cheap and with one hell of a potential.

Well, you are allowed to have an opinion. Even when you are wrong.

Anyone seen that Hernanes fell that plays for Sao Paulo? Tim Vickery raves about him and described him as something resembling a Xabi type of player. So you know..........

Havent seen him but he has been mentioned by quite a few posters

You mean the third hand information with no direct quotes from Xabi, fed from Rafa`s press office?

Yes I did read it, I`dont think gthere are any need for me to say what I thought about it though.

I've asked you a few times all to no avail!

Who the fuck do you support?

I've asked you a few times all to no avail!

Who the fuck do you support?

I can only speak for myself, but I guess we all support Liverpool.

And to be honest I cant see anything positive for the club in the fact the manager has alianated one of the clubs best players (player of the season last season) and because of this he is looking at his options with hopes to play his trade elsewhere next season.

What would make me really happy was if this never had happened, but when I analyze it to see whose fault it is, Rafa is really hard to get past.

I can only speak for myself, but I guess we all support Liverpool.

And to be honest I cant see anything positive for the club in the fact the manager has alianated one of the clubs best players (player of the season last season) and because of this he is looking at his options with hopes to play his trade elsewhere next season.

What would make me really happy was if this never had happened, but when I analyze it to see whose fault it is, Rafa is really hard to get past.

Do you think Rafa would have tried to sell him if he had a season as good as this year last year?