You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about going round in circles and not respecting other posters who hold a different point of view to yours.

I know its statin the bleedin obvious but Rafa will defo be the manager for the start of next season and Xabi will probably be playing for another football club, pretty simple.

Time will prove the manager right or wrong.

You think? what have i misunderstood?

:|

This is how i understand it.

Some people on here want xabi to stay.

In doing so, a few of them are building this idea that Benitez is some evil villain.

Also, many people have this idea that without Xabi we are nothing, as if hes our captain.

Xabi is quality, which is blatant, but people on here have so little trust in the managers judgement its ridiculous. So much so that they are building this whole backstory where Rafa wants to fuck of xabi because he went to see his new born baby.

Rafa is fucking Hitler.

If i have misunderstood, very much sorry, i've only read this thread in bits and bobs

Spot on, Sir.

From what I understand Rafa is all about the balance of the side. Mourinho saw the transition form attack into defence and vice versa as the most important element to a successful side.

Alonso is without doubt a fantastic player and has had his best season to date in my opinion. Some of his football has been a joy to watch.

Going back to my first point though - if selling Alonso enables us to buy better attacking players yet keep our organisation and ensure that we can switch between the attacking and defensive aspects seemlessly then it may be a good thing in the long run.

It's not always about having the best player in that positon but the best team.

Xabi is not a shrinking violet. He is an intelligent, ambitious man. He speaks his mind when he wants and will oppose the manager and Carragher in public if he wants.

He was bought by Rafa for about 6 million when he was not as highly valued as he is now. He signed a long contract and renewed it because it was advantageous to him. Last year, when there was still four years to run on that renewal, he expressed a serious interest in being transferred to at least two teams which refused to pay the going market rate for him. This year his performances have increased his chances of securing a transfer to other teams at the market rate.

In this year, his agent has several times indicated that he reserves the option to seek a transfer.

Rafa has repeatedly reminded everyone that he does not want to transfer him and that LFC has him under contract for three years.

If Xabi wants to go - for whatever reason - the real question is whether Rafa should hold him to his contract and to his repeated assertions that he wants to stay - or make contingency plans to get the best price for him in order to secure an adequate replacement.

I trust Rafa to think of LFC first. I don't trust Xabi or his agent in the same way and I certainly don't trust the likes of those on here who have repeatedly shown they have an anti-Rafa agenda. Nor do I trust Bascombe who has a vested, monetary interest in stirring up controversy, as well as a desire to revenge the fact that LFC has cut him off from the acess he received when he was the Echo reporter.

As for Xabi's abilities. He passes well but is a little too predictable and slow to be world-class, and wastes many attacking opportunities by his poor long range shooting (even though a few of his many chances have found the target).

Okay.

Now please can we fucking lay this to bed.

He said the words you so badly wanted him to say - HE IS NOT FOR SALE

Rafa also managed to tell Bascombe to fuck off at the same time. (well kind of, in a rafa sort of way)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insists he does not intend to sell midfielder Xabi Alonso this summer.

But after Alonso's excellent performance in the 3-1 home victory over Tottenham, on the final day of the Barclays Premier League season, Benitez failed to fully dispel claims that his fellow Spaniard wants to leave.

The Reds boss did confirm that he had held "private" talks with Alonso's agent on Friday.

That was the day when Benitez failed to appear at his pre-match press conference, and then issued a terse statement later on the club's website making the point that Alonso has three years remaining on his contract and Liverpool wish to keep him.

Real Madrid would be expected to show an interest in the playmaker if Florentino Perez wins their presidential election.

And there have been rumours that Alonso may be persuaded to move to the Bernabeu, with the prospect of Gareth Barry finally arriving at Liverpool.

Benitez was quizzed on the possibility of Alonso leaving and Carlos Tevez arriving this summer, but would only say: "Clearly I cannot give any names (of players leaving or arriving).

"Alonso has three years left on his contract and we are really pleased with him, so we do not want to sell.

"But I have had a private conversation with his agent, and it was interesting to see who had that information.

"For me it was a private conversation, and it will stay that way, but it is clear he has three more years of his contract and we do not want to sell him.

"I repeat, we do not want to sell, he is not for sale. He has said he is happy here in Liverpool, in every single press conference, in every single interview.

"We have some ideas for the future, without losing any of our key players."

Okay.

Now please can we fucking lay this to bed.

He said the words you so badly wanted him to say - HE IS NOT FOR SALE

Rafa also managed to tell Bascombe to fuck off at the same time. (well kind of, in a rafa sort of way)

I don't believe a fucking word of it. The fat spanish cunt is a bastard liar!

Just thought I'd get that in before one of the loons - I'm a Rafa fan really....

So sad to see him wave goodbye today, no doubt he will be a fucking class act in his next club. I just hope we don't get drawn against him in the CL next season because that would be seriously fucked up, Adios Xabi, thanks for the memories.

Exactly what I was going to post.

The personification of what this club used to be. Fucking love you, Xabi.

And this.

And for some trying to say to dismiss Alonso's contribution for us; shame on you.

Wouldnt surprise me if it turns out Alonso leaves. Biggest club in the world wants him which is more than our club appeared to show this time last season. Taken to task by a manager for attending his child's birth then hawked around europe as a makeweight in the barry deal.

Cant blame the lad if he really decides he's had enough even if it is his best season for a while. (And I still think we'd sell him quick if we were offerred over £21m for him!)

Thanks Xabi. SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!