You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

1st I have heard of it. and considering some of the shite that has done the rounds in the last couple of months due to the presses desperation to print anything LFC related, it's hard to believe he could have said this in the past and it not be reported. would be surprising to be reported with quotes if it wasn't true though.

It's just some no mark on twatter though isn't it?

So, NESV are shit because they wont pay £20 million for a player who isnt worth that? Suarez isnt worth £25 million, theres no way we should be paying that for him. We are right to be negotiating on this. If we were to come in and pay £25 million for him then every club in the land would take us for mugs. Look at Citeh for an example. If you can get a player for less than its worth trying to bargain them down. Ajax deep down know Suarez want out.

They're not shit as far as I know, and I never said that. And yeah, he's probably worth £20mil or more. Obviously going straight to 25mil offers is stupid, but we should maybe be pushing around the 20-22mil mark before we're done. We'll see over the next few seasons anyway, and if he ends up somewhere like Real Madrid or Barca that's when it'll hit us. I'd guess that in a few years if he's got a good enough team behind him he'll be about as good as Torres.

His temperament is his only flaw, and with a good enough manager it can probably be sorted out. That's why it's such a crusher if this fails, because we'd be seriously well off having Torres and Suarez together. And of course if and when Torres leaves, we'd have his replacement already here.

To all the cunts on twatface who have claimed it's been a done deal for the past few days.

Fuck off you gob shite cunts on twatface. You know fuck all!!! Done deal my fucking arse!!! The only thing that is fucking done is your fucking reputation for spreading absolute fucking dogshit.

That is all.

*I don't feel I have to apologise for my drunken outburst*

time for the owners to put up or shut up time for talking is over.im not even bothered to mention the players we have missed out on cause we would not stump up the extra few million fuck,s sake,

Read that post and weep!

'A few extra million'

Do you run your own business? If so, do you pay 'a few extra million' for something you do not consider worth those 'few extra million'?

I think Suarez would be a great signing for us and I hope it comes off, but I would not pay 'a few extra million' just like that if I did not consider it a good deal for the club in the long term.

I dont get the beef with no CEO, sure we need one badly, but i'd prefer to wait and get the right man than rush it and not get him.

I don't either WR. I made a post the other day to say we operated for MONTHS without a CEO under C&A. We had Purslow, a pure finance guy, run us for ages.

No one called for a CEO then.

But now its all FSG's fault for not appointing one, roughly 4 months after they bought us.

If they had said Tom Werner would be the chairman and be looking after the day to day running of the club, no one would be asking for a CEO now. But they interviewed a few and suddenly most fans think CEO is the most important person in a football club.

Read that post and weep!

'A few extra million'

Do you run your own business? If so, do you pay 'a few extra million' for something you do not consider worth those 'few extra million'?

I think Suarez would be a great signing for us and I hope it comes off, but I would not pay 'a few extra million' just like that if I did not consider it a good deal for the club in the long term.

Thats it. One of the reasons I hate transfer windows so much is that all the amateur financiers come out of the woodwork.

No, i agree with being sceptical but being sceptical isn't the same as putting a negative spin on everything. That's how you're coming across to me. Our owners couldn't have possibly come with a better reputation than they have. This is more paranoid than sceptical.

Unfortunately back in 2007, people pointed to Gillett's reputation with the Montreal Canadiens and said exactly the same thing.

I'm yet to be convinced that an American owner out there who properly understands the Premiership or has the right motives for being involved. I think it is seen as easy money, because of the TV deal, to our friends across the pond.

That doesn't mean i'm suggesting they are the same as Hicks and Gillett - not at all, and folk should stop suggesting that people are equating them by questioning what the owners have done (or more accurately, haven't done) thus far - but i do think healthy scepticism is the only sane way forward rather than more blind faith followed by crushing disappointment. And at the moment, I don't think FSG have done anything to suggest that scepticism is misplaced or 'paranoid'. And that includes the motivation and the timing of bringing in Kenny.

So, NESV are shit because they wont pay £20 million for a player who isnt worth that? Suarez isnt worth £25 million, theres no way we should be paying that for him. We are right to be negotiating on this. .

Don't be soft, we've just watched Villa pay £18m for Darren Bent.

United bought Van Nistelrooy off PSV for £18m about ten years ago, it's about right that a similarly prolific striker should now set you back about £25m.

Just because we get fucked in the arse in the transfer market doesn't mean that everyone else has to. If we don't pay the £25m then I assure you that someone else will this Summer.

Empty your pockets out John, get this sorted or fuck off back across the pond and leave us to mourn once more. One player, ONE fucking player, that's all we're asking of you right now.

Actually, I take that back. Suarez has a better record than RVN, not similar, better. Sorry about that.

I wish I'd have taken the 31st off as a holiday from work, so I could watch all the shit BBC transfer updates. What vehicle will Ryan Babel be in this time? Where will he be going? And will we be launching another last minute panic bid for Carlton Cole?

I wish I'd have taken the 31st off as a holiday from work, so I could watch all the shit BBC transfer updates. What vehicle will Ryan Babel be in this time? Where will he be going? And will we be launching another last minute panic bid for Carlton Cole?

The last time I spent the last day of the transfer window glued to SSN/internet was the Simao non transfer.

Then I realised, it's a fucking waste of time.

Suarez has 18 months left on his contract. He will not cost 25 million in the summer.

Ajax are desperate to sell him now because his value will plummet to about half of it in may. They know it and that is why they are offering him to all kindsa clubs.

Guest ShoePiss

Why isn't he worth 20-25m? How much do people think we would get for Torres if we sold him right now? I'd say at least 20m. According to The Independent we are 8m apart and value him at 12.5 and Ajax want 20.9m.

He's worth what ever the market supports him at, he'll be sold for 20m+ to someone between now and the summer.

The owners keep talking about 'value', there is no value in this sport. Return on investment through player purchases is extremely hit or miss, an incredible gamble compared to their business or other sports interests.

Don't be soft, we've just watched Villa pay £18m for Darren Bent.

United bought Van Nistelrooy off PSV for £18m about ten years ago, it's about right that a similarly prolific striker should now set you back about £25m.

Just because we get fucked in the arse in the transfer market doesn't mean that everyone else has to. If we don't pay the £25m then I assure you that someone else will this Summer.

Empty your pockets out John, get this sorted or fuck off back across the pond and leave us to mourn once more. One player, ONE fucking player, that's all we're asking of you right now.

Actually, I take that back. Suarez has a better record than RVN, not similar, better. Sorry about that.

Negged Twat