You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Return of the King

Red Phoenix

Good points:

1. I love Kenny, and it's great to have him back.

2. Having our greatest ever player watching you train and whispering pearls of wisdom in your ear from time to time (even if they're indecipherable) has to be the biggest motivation our young lads could possibly get

3. We get a fantastic ambassador for our club.

Bad Points:

1. I can't see Kenny being quiet if he thinks something is wrong. I'm not sure that Rafa takes criticism well. I can see a falling out or two.

2. The owners could cynically play them off against each other to weaken Benitez's position. They could see Dalglish as the manager in the medium term.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Kenny's football club. Not the Yanks.

EDIT: By that I mean if Kenny thinks his involvement is of benefit to the club then I reckon he doesn't give a fuck about those 2 cunts.

I Know where you are coming from but I am surprised, regardless I'm chuffed he is here.

Good points:

1. I love Kenny, and it's great to have him back.

2. Having our greatest ever player watching you train and whispering pearls of wisdom in your ear from time to time (even if they're indecipherable) has to be the biggest motivation our young lads could possibly get

3. We get a fantastic ambassador for our club.

Bad Points:

1. I can't see Kenny being quiet if he thinks something is wrong. I'm not sure that Rafa takes criticism well. I can see a falling out or two.

2. The owners could cynically play them off against each other to weaken Benitez's position. They could see Dalglish as the manager in the medium term.

This is what I wouldn't put past the owners. I think there is a genuine respect between Kenny and Rafa both having done the job so I don't forsee any problems there. Rafa doesn't like criticism from people he sees as lacking in football knowledge. On that basis I Don't see any problems between Kenny and Rafa in their working relationship.

Rafa is not daft and he knows for full well that any public fall out with Dalglish there will only ever be one winner in the fans eyes.

Kenny himself knows what its like to be a manager and he is not going to start telling Rafa what to do as they have too much mutual respect for each other.

If i was Rafa i wouldn't do another interview and just let Kenny do them.

He always has Keys fumbling for words in every interview.

Bad Points:

Its what worries me and having him publicly support the owners would be very hard to take but its great news and a great day so lets just enjoy the positives

Great to see it finally happened! Hopefully things will turn out well and he'll really be able to add something with what he's doing. (apart from the obvious lift everyone will have, which almost seems like it could be enough anyway.)

Rafa is not daft and he knows for full well that any public fall out with Dalglish there will only ever be one winner in the fans eyes.

Kenny himself knows what its like to be a manager and he is not going to start telling Rafa what to do as they have too much mutual respect for each other.

If i was Rafa i wouldn't do another interview and just let Kenny do them.

He always has Keys fumbling for words in every interview.

He is brilliant with his interviews isnt he. Keys doesnt know how to take him.

MO is a cunt.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

kenny_&_frankie__01.jpg

Reds legend Kenny Dalglish today spoke of his delight after taking up a new position with Liverpool FC.

Dalglish will assume a senior role at the Liverpool Academy and will also act as a club ambassador working with the commercial side of the business around the world.

Following recent changes, Academy Director Frank McParland now reports to manager Rafael Benitez and Kenny will play a key role alongside Frank in driving forward the development of the Academy. Dalglish, who will be based at the Kirkby site, met with Benitez and McParland this morning on his first day back at the club.

"I spoke to Rafa a few months ago and things have progressed from there," said Dalglish. "Now that it has come to fruition I am very excited, but also a bit nervous.

"For the boss to put his trust in me is a great compliment and I am coming back as a very lucky person. When you leave a club you don't often have a chance to return, so I am fortunate for being given such a fantastic opportunity.

"Rafa has made a very brave decision to revamp the Academy. There are lots of positive things happening here and there is a real feel-good factor around the place. It's fantastic for me to be a part of that.

"People who come to the Academy should be delighted that Rafa is taking such an interest in the development of the young players.

"Everyone knows the most important team at the club is the first team and hopefully we can start producing players to challenge for a place in Rafa's plans. It won't happen overnight but I'm looking forward to working with Frank McParland and the rest of the Academy staff to do the best job I can."

Dalglish will also work with the Liverpool commercial team as club ambassador, and added: "There's a lot of work to be done and I will do whatever is asked of me. I'm just so pleased to be back."

Rafael Benitez added: "I am really pleased to have Kenny as a part of the staff. We were looking for someone who has a knowledge and a passion for the club and Kenny is the perfect choice.

"He will help at the Academy with the development of players and will also have an ambassadorial role at the club. If you're looking for somebody to go around the world on behalf of Liverpool Football Club then I don't know anybody better than Kenny.

"When you talk to him about players and football systems it's clear he has a lot of experience. That's good for the club and also for the young players coming through.

"We are changing things at the Academy, we are bringing in new ideas and new people but we're keeping the spirit and the heart of the club. Kenny has played for the club, he's managed the club, he's done everything. He's a fantastic signing."

Delighted he's back. Just goes to show, you can take the man out of Liverpool, but you cannot take the Liverpool out of the man. Cunt features take note.

Please would you be so kind not to mention that cunts name on this thread

Thanks

Nick

Kenny Dalglish makes me so proud to be a Liverpudlian. He makes me remember that all the petty distractions that the game's mercenaries provide are empty, worthless headlines, and that the reflected light in which they bathe comes from the like of him. I love the man and I am so happy that he is back at our club - at his club. This is a great day!

Kenny Dalglish makes me so proud to be a Liverpudlian. He makes me remember that all the petty distractions that the game's mercenaries provide are empty, worthless headlines, and that the reflected light in which they bathe comes from the like of him. I love the man and I am so happy that he is back at our club - at his club. This is a great day!

Amen.

We could not have a more loyal man at the club. Anyone who has seen him on television as a pundit even when we have been at the lowest of ebbs since the man left will have seen that he would always back the club in the face of the snipers. He has never once criticised any facet of the club in my knowledge and there is no way those Yank twats will be able to use him against Rafa, he would walk away.

After being pissed off at seeing that rat in the shirt of the filth, I was somewhat cleansed by the pic of Kenny and Rafa on the offal. It made my heart glow with pride and tell them filth ridden twats from down the 62 to bring it on.