You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Enough is enough

Gav

I'm very unsure at the moment to be honest. I'll reserve judgement until the summer. I don't see many other people out there right now that i'd back to do better than him, and i wouldn't rule out winning the Champions League again this season. If he does that then can we really sack him? Best to just wait I think. Sacking him now would be the stupidest thing we could do, I don't like the idea of him signing a new long term contract before the end of the season though.

I think that is just about game, set and match Snez. Sums up how most of us feel. Was talking with my old man just and we agreed pretty much the same thing.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism about the team, just like there is nothing wrong gloating when times are (were) good. So fuck off back to RAWK if you don't like it.

Spot on. But take a look around you at some of the abuse Sammy, and tell me these people are constructive. Not Gav, by the way. I personally don't share his sentiments but I see where he and others are coming from - Brownie, MC (as he was) etc, but there are plenty of others who aren't.

I'm fully aware of the manager's faults but I just can't see how anyone can make a fair judgement on his performance since May 07.

I can honestly say, hand on heart, that had we won the league this season it would have been tinged with doubts and regrets about the mess the club is in and our prospects for the future. Any happiness would have been fleeting.

Equally, those doubts, those distractions also apply now we are clearly not winning the league.

They will still apply if we win the CL, and they will still apply if we were to win the league next season should the ownership issue still remain unresolved.

In recent years there is a high correlation between the wage budget and success. Very few managers beat this trend by a margin bigger than a place or two for more than a season (Newcastle the obvious exception).

I really can't see another manager doing any better than Rafa. Having said that, his transfer record for 2008 was poor and he can't afford to do so badly again.

Unbelievebly so ..jesus the clubs in real trouble from the top down .These clowns that own the club are supposed to be commercial experts ,yet both shops in town are a joke ,Bristol City have a better range ..On the pitch we have become a shambles

So much so that we beat Real Madrid in their own backyard a couple of days ago. Yes we were shite today but it happens. We're still in the European Cup and because of Rafa have as good a chance as anyone of winning it yet you'd want him to go now? Mental. At the end of the season fair enough but to get rid of him now would be a fucking disaster.

Every year with Rafa it's groundhog year. We shouldn't even bother thinking about winning a league just get in the champions league and go for that. That's what Rafa is best at. Let's just settle for that if we're keeping him here.

Gutted today but it was all soo predictable.

Sorry to say it but this is the manager who said we have strength in depth and our squad is the strongest with the first string players (Gerrard, Torres, Carra, Reina, etc) but our back up is abysmal (Lucas, Babel, Ngog). He is picking the team, he is responsible for tactics, changes made 62 mins every week. On Weds night he said Torres injured in 1st minute but left him on for an hour. (good management) We need wholesale changes at the club, our form since he opened his mouth against Fluke Twat utd cunt has made him an easy target.

I'm very unsure at the moment to be honest. I'll reserve judgement until the summer. I don't see many other people out there right now that i'd back to do better than him, and i wouldn't rule out winning the Champions League again this season. If he does that then can we really sack him? Best to just wait I think. Sacking him now would be the stupidest thing we could do, I don't like the idea of him signing a new long term contract before the end of the season though.

Did you not say after Wigan you have had enough of him? May not have been you if not I apologize.

So much so that we beat Real Madrid in their own backyard a couple of days ago. Yes we were shite today but it happens. We're still in the European Cup and because of Rafa have as good a chance as anyone of winning it yet you'd want him to go now? Mental. At the end of the season fair enough but to get rid of him now would be a fucking disaster.

Just because you beat the big teams doesn't save your job!

Agree with that

Rafa has to go in the summer I'm afraid. He still hasn't figured out this league and what is needed to win games. He hasn't figured out that the league is our bread and butter.

Just heard on SSN that we've won 5 of our last 14 games. One of those games was against a hopeless Newcastle. Portsmouth game we were lucky. Chelsea game we just scraped when we didn't look like scoring against 10 fucking men. All down to his inept team selections, negative football, clueless substitutions etc.

Our squad is a joke. Our football is a joke. We have gone horrifically backwards.

He doesn't deserve a new contract or to spend a single penny in the summer.

Played them off the park we did,oh wait ,no we didnt .We did it the Bolton way ,parked a bus and nicked a win .We were great at that under Houllier 2 and 5 years later we are doing the exact same

Did you not say after Wigan you have had enough of him? May not have been you if not I apologize.

Nah, after Wigan i said he pissed me off like never before and i did have serious doubts about him which i'd never had before. They are still there but i don't like the idea of nailing my colours to the mast at the moment because there's quite a way to go. There's no point in fucking him off now, it'd just be stupid because i'd rather have him in charge than any other manager when it comes to trying to win the European Cup.

The manager issue is moot for me as long as the ownership remains the way it is, because they can't be trusted to bring in the right man (if there is one) and bankroll him.

It's like asking for a different piolet when your plane's got no wings.

Didn't seem to affect us on Wednesday.

It's just another get out of jail card. Poor owners or not, there's absolutely no justification for looking so clueless against a team who hasn't won for 15 games and sit second bottom of the league.

Played them off the park we did,oh wait ,no we didnt .We did it the Bolton way ,parked a bus and nicked a win .We were great at that under Houllier 2 and 5 years later we are doing the exact same

Ever watch our 70s and early 80s European campaigns Gav? That's what we did in away games. Parked the bus, stopped them playing, silenced the crowd, and if we could nicked a win before getting them back to Anfield.

Rafa - "We had some problems and injuries - some players were tired but we had chances. We were in control for the first 30 minutes."

Seriously if i hear him use the word "control" or say "we were controlling the game" one more time i'm gonna slap the fucking piss out of him myself .

Ever watch our 70s and early 80s European campaigns Gav? That's what we did in away games. Parked the bus, stopped them playing, silenced the crowd, and if we could nicked a win before getting them back to Anfield.

We'll never win the league playing that way.

You have to attack teams. Why do you think we've drawn so many games at Anfield this season? If you fill a team with two defensive midfielders and players that offer no goal threat and provide no width, it's so easy to defend against.

We've relied on Stevie for far too long to get us out of the shit.

Didn't seem to affect us on Wednesday.

It's just another get out of jail card. Poor owners or not, there's absolutely no justification for looking so clueless against a team who hasn't won for 15 games and sit second bottom of the league.

It's not an excuse for anything, the fact is the fundamental problem with Liverpool football club is that it's owned by two skint twats who don't speak to each other, all other issues are secondary.

Rafa gone and then what? These clowns have no interest in appointing the best man for the job and giving him the money he needs to start building his own side.

Liverpool fans are deeply unhappy, you see it reflected on this message board, because even when we have a win or something positive happens, you still remember that the club's internal structure is in ruins. It's a nagging fear that never goes away no matter how many goals you score - it's there and has been there for 18 months +, the proverbial 'splinter in your mind'.

Once they're gone and a new owner is in place, we can start rebuilding the club from the inside out. Owners, chief exec, manager, team, reserves, scouts, youth setup. It all needs an overhaul, but it has to start at the top.