You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

being reported in Marca that the new owner of Valencia has decided to put up Villa and Silva for sale

---

Following speculation that the Mestalla-based outfit would have to let a big name go, the arrival of new owner Juan Villalonga looked set to ensure that would not happen.

But the new Valencia chief has encountered the same economic dilemmas as his predecessors and is ready to listen to offers for either David Villa, David Silva or Joaquín.

The trio's agents were all told by Villalonga that they would not be going anywhere after weeks of speculation surrounding them and that the club were on a sound financial footing.

A renewed optimism enveloped the club and the need to balance the books appeared to have been abated under the new regime, but that has now all changed.

Villalonga is encountering the same problems that beset Juan Soler and Vicente Soriano before him and now realises that one major sale will be required to ensure that club are solvent throughout the season.

Valencia have a large first team squad and are looking to off-load several players, but they now require one big sale and believe that Villa could go for €40m.

One club that are still have a strong interest in the Asturian striker is Tottenham Hotspur and Juande Ramos believes that he can persuade him to move to White Hart Lane.

The lack of Champions League football may be a key factor, but Valencia are not in the competition either so the Spanish coach will hope to tempt the Euro 2008 star with a huge salary.

New Valencia coach Unai Emery also knows that he may have to start the season without one of his main players, but has been promised that a percentage of th money raised will be given to him to find a replacement.

Goal.com - Valencia - Valencia U-Turn Alerts Tottenham To Villa

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Keane we can forget about Villa, surely.

Silva on the other hand, does fit the type of player we need if Pennant and Yossi are shipped away. Tho i suspect he'd cost something in the region of 18-20 million. But he'd improve us alot, so that would be a player worth to splash alot of money on.

If we sign Keane we can forget about Villa, surely.

Silva on the other hand, does fit the type of player we need if Pennant and Yossi are shipped away. Tho i suspect he'd cost something in the region of 18-20 million. But he'd improve us alot, so that would be a player worth to splash alot of money on.

i think it will be more than 20 million if even Barry and Keane can cost 18-20 million.

i think it will be more than 20 million if even Barry and Keane can cost 18-20 million.

Brittish (yeah Keane is irish) players are abit overpriced though...

We got Torres for around £20 million, so i dont think Silva will go for much more than that.

Anything around the 20 million mark for him is good value for money in todays market i'd say.

That and he replaced Fernando Gago and did brilliantly, immeadiately.

Anyway, if Valencia need to make some sales we may be able to swoop in for £12-15m for the kid.

You are correct, sir, but I don't think he'd cost a fraction of what Barry would cost. Valencia bought him for €18M 6 months ago and they won't sell him for less than what Barry would cost. He'd be a much bigger risk than Barry.

You are correct, sir, but I don't think he'd cost a fraction of what Barry would cost. Valencia bought him for €18M 6 months ago and they won't sell him for less than what Barry would cost. He'd be a much bigger risk than Barry.

Plus i'm not sure we'd get a work permit.

He hasn't played enough international games over last 2 years so we'd have to go to the special cases appeals committee which is always chaired by R.Charlton & only lets in Mancs.

(Spain have much more leniet rules with SAmer due to the colonial links. One of the main reasons La Liga is of a higher standard then ours.)