You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never read so much shite in my life and to think our taxes are paying to fund stuff like this.

Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".

The 366-page guide for staff in charge of pre-school children, called Young Children and Racial Justice, warns: "Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships."

It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Warning that failing to pick children up on their racist attitudes could instil prejudice, the NCB adds that if children "reveal negative attitudes, the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes".

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha awesome! just awesome!

(Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action.")

It sounds mad that, like some kind of reverse-gestapo.

Arnold-Toht.jpg

"I hope for your zake Fraulein, zat you did not reject the opportunity to eat some Uncle Benn's rice."

awesome that there's not a single drop of science regarding children not liking certain foods. children's taste buds are a lot more sensitive to spices, certain veggies, and anything that's not relatively mild. they dull a bit as we get older, it's why we end up liking certain things we hated when we were kids (spinach, broccoli, etc).

it's amazing people actually fund shit like this. "here's £12 million buddy, go get me some proof the sun will rise tomorrow...."

Those people would have a field day with my (ironically half-asian, olive skinned) four year old daughter. She was complaining about her skin colour, so I told her to stop moaning, that she has lovely skin and she'll save a fortune on St Tropez when she's older, and said "But Mum, all the best people have got white skin". She'll probably have a skinhead and a pair of Doc Martens by the time she's five.

another eg of pc craziness was in usa a few days ago when a counciller was referring to a space/science journal entry and when he said the phrase 'black-hole' 3 council members

said he was being racist by using that phrase, fuckin whole worlds gone nuts.

Funny how the emphasis of the story saying it's about kids saying "Yuk" to curry and then later they just drop in that most of it is about stopping kids being racist and using racist names. Given the spread of racism I reckon catching a lot of it at nursery is a good idea; call me mental if you want but there you go.

Can I take a wild guess that this was in the Mail or the Express?

another eg of pc craziness was in usa a few days ago when a counciller was referring to a space/science journal entry and when he said the phrase 'black-hole' 3 council members

said he was being racist by using that phrase, fuckin whole worlds gone nuts.

No. They never.

Funny how the emphasis of the story saying it's about kids saying "Yuk" to curry and then later they just drop in that most of it is about stopping kids being racist and using racist names. Given the spread of racism I reckon catching a lot of it at nursery is a good idea; call me mental if you want but there you go.

Can I take a wild guess that this was in the Mail or the Express?

"they smell"- racist ??????????????

No. They never.

if your're being sarcastic, piss off:thumbup: but an american was being interviewed on newstalk here in ireland and they were goin on bout pc in the states, he had a few other examples but that stuck with me as being way way way over the top.

"they smell"- racist ??????????????

From how I was reading it, with it coming after "those people", I'm taking that as saying that a group of people as a whole smell. Which is racist.

How about we don't pick out the little bits that are being fed to us to make us angry at other races, and how they are destroying good English common sense, and just say that maybe, just, maybe, getting to kids early on racism might be a positive thing.

Like I say, I'll be very surprised if this wasn't from one of the two papers mentioned above.

if your're being sarcastic, piss off:thumbup: but an american was being interviewed on newstalk here in ireland and they were goin on bout pc in the states, he had a few other examples but that stuck with me as being way way way over the top.

the irony to the States is that any major city PC-mania is in full force, but once you get just outside the city and beyond pretty much anything is fair game (for better or for worse...mostly worse)

Like I said, It's bollocks. It's just people propagating these "PC Brigade" attacks on normality. If anyone did say that then they're probably not worth the oxygen they're breathing are they? So we don't need to worry about their comments do we? We just need to get them a bib for all the dribble.

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."

Oh dear

file.php?n=432&w=l

© Tom R

Oh dear

file.php?n=432&w=l

© Tom R

Are they though? Or could it be that they are maybe twisting the words of the Guide?

I'd not be making any rash judgements without seeing the actual guide.