You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

James Milner

StevieH

Guest TK-421

I am treating News of the World reports with suspicion, I guess there could be something in it. Stu Monty is a believer in this player, is he not?

Leg.

Ditto.

Not the fat chick, the one that dead fella says in that film about the dead people who stay on Earth and are like some sort of spirit entity. I think it was called: Battlefield Earth.

I am treating News of the World reports with suspicion, I guess there could be something in it. Stu Monty is a believer in this player, is he not?

Monty is Tom Cruise and Milner is his Scientology.

Milner sure fits in perfectly with what Elisha Scott said: A surprising signing for the wing, more consistent than Pennant with slightly worse technique than Jermainia.

The good CV bit, he menitioned could be that Milner is one of the youngest players ever to play in the premiership.

The good CV bit was referring to a different player entirely, a veteran apparently.

Guess im the only one here that actually likes Milner, watched him a lot for Newcastle at the beginning of the season and his attitude was always spot on, in a team getting beat most weeks his head never dropped and he was usually their best player.

Still only 22 so plenty of improvement in there, hes quicker than Pennant and has more scope to improve, hasn't featured much for Newcastle so we could get him on the cheap especially if we have players they want.

He certainly has the right attitude for Rafa and i do think a few on here are underestimating his ability. In a better team attacking players usually more chance to shine.

If the players we had in those positions were in the early / mid 20's fair enough but we have Finnan whose on the way down he needs to be replaced Degen is on a free and will replace him. We have Pennant whose 27 and while his attitude the last month or so has been good he hasnt shown enough in his time here, if we can replace him with Milner whose at a similar level but 5 years younger and with more scope to improve id take it especially if we can use someone like Riise in exchange, brining in those 2 players wont really cost anything but its getting rid of a couple of older players from the squad and replacing them with younger alternatives with more scope to improve.

If the players we had in those positions were in the early / mid 20's fair enough but we have Finnan whose on the way down he needs to be replaced Degen is on a free and will replace him. We have Pennant whose 27 and while his attitude the last month or so has been good he hasnt shown enough in his time here, if we can replace him with Milner whose at a similar level but 5 years younger and with more scope to improve id take it especially if we can use someone like Riise in exchange, brining in those 2 players wont really cost anything but its getting rid of a couple of older players from the squad and replacing them with younger alternatives with more scope to improve.

What are you on about? On the whole Arbeloa had a good season. He isn't old, the understudy is Finnan who still isn't bad.

Replacing Pennant with Milner is biggest waste of time in history and if 27 is now old then I dispair. Players staying with one club forms spirit and they get better year on year. This revolving door shite Rafa has pissed me off.

I cannot believe I have just read that post from a fellow red.

I think Milner is significantly better than Pennant, to be honest. He's physically stronger, a better crosser, and more likely to put in a performance in a meaningful game.

Not saying he'd be my first choice, but I think he's a good player...

I think Milner is significantly better than Pennant, to be honest. He's physically stronger, a better crosser, and more likely to put in a performance in a meaningful game.

Not saying he'd be my first choice, but I think he's a good player...

Milner is behind SWP, Beckham and Bentley for England and none of those are good enough for Liverpool so how can he be? Milner is the type of player Everton sign...

I never mentioned Arbeloa and he would be my first choice right back but Finnan is on the way down and needs to be replaced sooner rather than later, Bosman signings are only available for the one season so if Rafa likes Degen he has to sign him now whether Finnans totally finished or not.

I also never said 27 was old just at that age he's not really going to improve much on what we've already seen, at 22 Milner has much more scope for improvement plus he'd be coming to a side that will be attacking more than any of his other clubs, Milner is quicker than Pennant i think they're quite similar at the moment in terms of ability but Milner has lots of scope to improve more.

The players being mentioned like Pennant, Riise, Crouch are going to leave whether you like it or not, we need to replace them and if we can replace them without spending much it gives Rafa the chance to get those 1 or 2 top quality signings we all want.