You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sami signs new deal

Captain

This is a great reward for a great player for us. I remember Sami signed from Wilhelm II when he had the chance to play in the CL with them and we were in the UEFA Cup. Many said he'd be found out because he was 'slow' but you dont play 10 years for Liverpool if you arent up to it.

Well in, Sami.

I remember completley missing his signing as I had been away on holiday came back and thought who the hell is that and how the fuck do you say his name. I had never heard of him and didnt expect much but he has been excellent would love to see him stay on after next year as a coach for the youngsters.

There was one time last season at Anfield (vs Spurs?) where he had to go out with a head injury. He came back on with a huge bandage wrapped around his head. They took the successive corner kick, and who rose 3 feet above everyone else to clear the header? That's right. When his song rang around Anfield the next half a minute or so I sat with a huge lump in my throat.

Guest PaddyBerger15

Who was the last player who had a testamonial? I honestly can't remember.

I think it was Ronnie Whelan, summer 1993 vs Newcastle....first game with Ruddock the fat tit in the team.