You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ice baths...

dave u

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read this on .tv from Babel:

BABEL: WHY COLD WATER IS HELPING ME THRIVE

If I was a player and the manager ordered me to get in an ice bath, I'd refuse, even if it meant I had to find another club. I just couldn't do it, when I'm on holiday it takes me about half an hour to get in the sea, as I inch my way in gradually. Same with swimming pools.

Ice bath? Fuck right off with that shit.

If you ever travel to northern Norway let me know, I know som ace places for outdoor swimming. Water isn't that cold, your crotch only looks like a pussy after 30 secs.

If you ever travel to northern Norway let me know, I know som ace places for outdoor swimming. Water isn't that cold, your crotch only looks like a pussy after 30 secs.

Imagine the shrinkage....it happened to poor George Costanza.

I always fly into the sea with a big stick and flag and then slowly come out and plant the stick and claim the beach for Canada.

Parts of teh Mayan riveria, Domenican Republic and North Sea coast of Holland are now Canadian territory.

Ice baths are for Pussy Yuppies

Footy players should be hot and smelly after the game and be able to pick drided bits of mud off there knees for days after the match

Next thing you will be asking for showers and them things you wash your feet in when your in Spain

where are all the proper men:whistle:

Our football team used to do them after training. They are fine if it is only up to your waist, if it's up to your neck your whole body goes into shock. One bastard on our team used to spend ten minutes in the ice bath. Mad fucker

That wouldnt be too bad then, I always thought it was meant to be up to your neck.

Ice baths are for Pussy Yuppies

Footy players should be hot and smelly after the game and be able to pick drided bits of mud off there knees for days after the match

Next thing you will be asking for showers and them things you wash your feet in when your in Spain

where are all the proper men:whistle:

What, the bidet? :whistle:

Paula Radcliffe and other marathon runners swear by them. I personally tried it once when I trained for my marathon and never again. A cold shower was about as much as I could bear.

But I remember reading recently in a running magazine that the benefits of ice baths have been exaggerated and they're actually not worth it.

Like you haven't watched it.

I draw the line at Costner/Houston collaborations. While I'm at it, not seen Robin Hood - KoT, or Top Gun or any other* No.1-for-years ballad enduced crud film.

* except 4 weddings, Ghost, Karate Kid (although was no.2, not no.1) . . . .

Guest TK-421

My ex forced me to watch it. How come you haven't seen Top Gun?

I envisage serious cock shrivelling in an ice bath, to answer John G.

Does a bear shit in the woods?

That all depends. Many bears, of the brown and black variety, are very careful where they shat. They mark their territory this way. A bear of this variety does, indeed, shit in the woods but it is not an arbirtrary 'oh, I feel like a shat so I'll bear squat here and do it' one. Bears also mark their territory by clawing up trees and urinating on them as well, so if you are out in the Canadian woods and see a clawed up tree, a pool of bear piss and a big lump o' bear scat you best beware.

A polar bear, however, does not shit in the woods. Mainly because his territory is ice floes where he (or she) can hunt seals. A polar bear shats on the tundra/ice floe or in the open ocean (sometimes called leads).