You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

He's a "Foreigner".

and yes "Brown" can be seen as racist... hence my quotation marks

The character or the actor? I remember no reference to the Characters parents in the movie.

both Borat and Team America are satirical films that highlight perennial ignorance and underlying racism in people and expose ignorance. Neither are racist in my opinion, and if someone understands this and is intelligent enough to see the 'message' of these films, then quoting them with similar sentiment is acceptable to me. People who laugh at it because it's funny taking the piss out of jews or arabs are not only missing the point but are stupid and probably racist, people who laugh at it because it is funny (which Borat isnt actually) and do understand it are doing nothing wrong and shouldnt feel guilty about it.

It is similar to laughing at little britain. Laughing at a mentally ill character because she makes a funny noise and throws things about is offensive in my opinion, however it doesnt mean that the sketch is offensive per se.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rash, the unfortunate situation for you is that on many occassions in the other DIC thread you mentioned a 'Muslim Enclave' at Anfield, and 'Arab preference' and all that jazz, clearly religious sentiments, so I guess it's you sow what you reap.

Of course jihad is a bit forward, but you mentioned that as well. Jihad on Hicks and Gillett was it if I remember correctly?

Oh well.

Rash, the unfortunate situation for you is that on many occassions in the other DIC thread you mentioned a 'Muslim Enclave' at Anfield, and 'Arab preference' and all that jazz, clearly religious sentiments, so I guess it's you sow what you reap.

Of course jihad is a bit forward, but you mentioned that as well. Jihad on Hicks and Gillett was it if I remember correctly?

Oh well.

Poor the Yossi Benayoun

I don't understand the whole 'offend people' idea.

I think we should be able to say what ever the fuck we want, to whomever we want, when we want. It is up to the person on the receiving end to, either grow a set, ignore it, or fight back. To say you are not allowed to say stuff is balls.

Words dont hurt and I am struggling to think of anything anyone could say to me that would make me cry.

both Borat and Team America are satirical films that highlight perennial ignorance and underlying racism in people and expose ignorance. Neither are racist in my opinion, and if someone understands this and is intelligent enough to see the 'message' of these films, then quoting them with similar sentiment is acceptable to me. People who laugh at it because it's funny taking the piss out of jews or arabs are not only missing the point but are stupid and probably racist, people who laugh at it because it is funny (which Borat isnt actually) and do understand it are doing nothing wrong and shouldnt feel guilty about it.

It is similar to laughing at little britain. Laughing at a mentally ill character because she makes a funny noise and throws things about is offensive in my opinion, however it doesnt mean that the sketch is offensive per se.

I agree with most of that.

But I'd like to know How Cardie made the connection between a crazy-talking jihadi terrorist and the Sheikh.

Its the definition of racism. 2 Arabs. They must both be the same.

Oh well.

What Rashid who has said such things as:

I would ask for a Jihad if O'Neill is appointed - it would be great - jumping jack in a box on the touchline, a manager who has won fuck all of any note, and a manager who plays football the way it should be played Graham Taylor style! There is no way DIC would replace Rafa with him.

Fucking hell how embarassing for all concerned. With the owners fucking about Parry still in a job, the media going crazy about our debts and shyster owners, the biggest game of the season around the corner, Rafa's job on the line - added to the pedantry of Cardie makes for an explosive thread - throw the odd "cunt" and Allah blasphemy in and it's JIHAD!!

Another day in TLW (not Paradise).

Hmm.

Double standards much?

I think people are showing ignorance if they believe that shows like Borat and others in the past like East is East isn't attempts at laughing at our friends from the "East" at attempts at integrating with the "West". I love both shows, I think they are very funny and totally in tune with the spirit of social intergration and "sattire".

Where I draw the line and especially in the current climate is caricatures of terrorists and references to terrorism and Jihad just because an Arab is buying us and it's a little bit closer to home. This is somewhat different to the odd comment about it if we were to sign up O'Neill.

What is the funny though is the blatent prejudice towards certain memebers of the forum, the mob rule and hypocrisy of certain people when it comes to calling others on it. The only guy ever to have any consistency on this is Stu Monty bless him.

Take all this shit over to the general forum.

I think people are showing ignorance if they believe that shows like Borat and others in the past like East is East isn't attempts at laughing at our friends from the "East" at attempts at integrating with the "West". I love both shows, I think they are very funny and totally in tune with the spirit of social intergration and "sattire".

Where I draw the line and especially in the current climate is caricatures of terrorists and references to terrorism and Jihad just because an Arab is buying us and it's a little bit closer to home. This is somewhat different to the odd comment about it if we were to sign up O'Neill.

What is the funny though is the blatent prejudice towards certain memebers of the forum, the mob rule and hypocrisy of certain people when it comes to calling others on it. The only guy ever to have any consistency on this is Stu Monty bless him.

Quoting Dave U and Rashid at the same time doesn't count. That is according to an ace law I just made up.

Rashid, you're being a fucking dick, and you're ruining the forum by polluting every thread. Get yourself a kit-kat and just have a fucking break, because you're even doing my fucking head in now, and I'm one of the most tolerant people on here when it comes to you.

You're having a laugh mate aren't you? Since when have my feelings been important on here? I have been banned for things people do almost every day on here. e.g. You just admitted that Cardie's comments could be offensive but I didn't see anyone call him up on it. But if I had done it I would have been sworn at, banned or worse.

Now do you get what I mean by prejudice? Prejudice towards me.

You should have been banned for your anti semitic stuff the other week.

I think you have some good opinions Rash, sometimes even well thought our arguemnts, but your such a drama queen hypocrite that its hard to raise the hand to say no, leave Rash alone. What you reap you sow dude. Try not being anti semitic, as that just shows you as a hypocrite and perhaps try to understand that there are no absolute truths when talking about footie (or religion).

Rashid, you're being a fucking dick, and you're ruining the forum by polluting every thread. Get yourself a kit-kat and just have a fucking break, because you're even doing my fucking head in now, and I'm one of the most tolerant people on here when it comes to you.

Get 4 Kit-Kat Chunkys and melt them together and pretend you're a tiny, little pixie.

Where I draw the line and especially in the current climate is caricatures of terrorists and references to terrorism and Jihad just because an Arab is buying us and it's a little bit closer to home.

And not because this Maktoum character had a passing resemblence to the character in Team America that I showed especially the scary piercing eyes (no offense meant to scary eyed people of any race)?

Get 4 Kit-Kat Chunkys and melt them together and pretend you're a tiny, little pixie.

Karl, as a man who appreciates scale and perspective, would you not agree that 6 chunkies would be required to add the extra bit of length to each finger requried to make this work?