You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bascombe

Guest Kenny

For one thing they blocked them from putting the full debt on the club. One statement in the press from either of them and they are history. Think on it.

I have come around to your way of thinking as they are better on the inside where they can have some influence no matter how small. However the act you refer to didn't change much at all as the rest of the debt just went on Kop Holdings whose only asset with which to pay the debt is the club so in effect all of the debt will still be repaid by the club.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some cunts spouting the old shit on another forum about Moores having to do the "best by the shareholders"... what a crock of shit.

The "best offer for the club" doesn't have to financial. If you look at their backgrounds here we have two guys who have been bankrupt, one destroyed Corinthians and has a website made up by Stars fans against him. So this "Legal obligation" is bullshit. There are millions if examples in the financial world where smaller bid has won a tender due to the people who back it.

There are some cunts spouting the old shit on another forum about Moores having to do the "best by the shareholders"... what a crock of shit.

The "best offer for the club" doesn't have to financial. If you look at their backgrounds here we have two guys who have been bankrupt, one destroyed Corinthians and has a website made up by Stars fans against him. So this "Legal obligation" is bullshit. There are millions if examples in the financial world where smaller bid has won a tender due to the people who back it.

Think you're right there if that was the case then he wouldn't even have to consider offers as the highest offer would always win.

I have come around to your way of thinking as they are better on the inside where they can have some influence no matter how small. However the act you refer to didn't change much at all as the rest of the debt just went on Kop Holdings whose only asset with which to pay the debt is the club so in effect all of the debt will still be repaid by the club.

The difference, according to someone I know who understands finance, is that the club has to service the loan on it before dividends can be paid. So if the shit hits the fan moneywise then they have to stick their hands in their own pockets for the loan on the holding company.

I think the best thing that could happen would be for Gillett to give an exclusive to Tony B in the Echo. Whilst reassuring the fans and DIC, it would also send a clear message to Hicks. Like Rashid says, if Tony B was to write an article imploring him to do this, that would help. In terms of bringing it to the attention of the wider media, a statement from the Sons Of Shankly imploring him not to sell and outlining the impact of him doing so may be the best bet.

Personally, whilst I cannot accept how the club has been run in the last 12 months if Gillett were to stand firm and refuse to sell to Hicks he would gain a bit of respect back from me.

The difference, according to someone I know who understands finance, is that the club has to service the loan on it before dividends can be paid. So if the shit hits the fan moneywise then they have to stick their hands in their own pockets for the loan on the holding company.

Oh thats something then at least.

best case is this; DIC make an official bid hicks unable to match it in the time alloted, dic arrive and sit tight for a year, the loan will then be up fro review the dic can then refuse to service their half meaning the period expires and then hicks will have no option other than to sell all or part of his shares and if he sell to the DIC or another investor the DIC will hold the majority.

To be honest I think the time has passed now where we or anyone outside of Tom Hicks' family and friends have any influence on this matter.

Moores should have come out and cranked up the pressure in December/November but he is a coward and was able to hide behind the notion of media silence under the all encompassing umbrella of the 'Liverpool Way' the same 'Liverpool Way' which allowed him and Parry to get away with lazy and incompetent decisions for the best part of fifteen years.

I've thought ever since Tony Barrett dramatically altered his tactics towards the Americans that things were not looking good towards outsting them. The time to get them out was before they got their new loans in. Unfortunately we as fans took too long to recognise the Americans for what they were and when we finally did were too apathetic to make the right moves at the crucial time.

Of course! The two clowns sold to these two cunts because they had to "save face" after DIC walked away.

I think that's the bottom line, they were panicked into accepting the Americans.

I think Moores was legally obliged to consider G&H's offer, or at least put it to the shareholders.

So, perhaps if DIC hadn't got so sensitive about it and threw their toys out of the pram, everyone concerned wouldn't be in this mess now?

To be honest I think the time has passed now where we or anyone outside of Tom Hicks' family and friends have any influence on this matter.

Moores should have come out and cranked up the pressure in December/November but he is a coward and was able to hide behind the notion of media silence under the all encompassing umbrella of the 'Liverpool Way' the same 'Liverpool Way' which allowed him and Parry to get away with lazy and incompetent decisions for the best part of fifteen years.

I've thought ever since Tony Barrett dramatically altered his tactics towards the Americans that things were not looking good towards outsting them. The time to get them out was before they got their new loans in. Unfortunately we as fans took too long to recognise the Americans for what they were and when we finally did were too apathetic to make the right moves at the crucial time.

Good post and bang on the money

I know there is nothing we can do but it still hurts to see the very soul of your football club being ripped apart

Parry said that he didn't like the fact that "powers from up above" meaning Sheikh Mohammed told DIC to walk away which meant the club would be run by one man at the top. He is such a thick cunt, this man is one hell of a competitor in sports.

He then sells to twoex bankrupt cunts who are hated the world over.

If Hicks bought the club outright he'd be committing financial suicide. I don't believe he is that stupid.

As the second article states, the value of LFC has increased, but only because of the takeover. Once Hicks bought out the club 100% he'd fall into a debt spiral and the wolves would be waiting eagerly for him being forced to sell at a reduced price.

If Gillete wants to sell and Hicks cannot find anyone to replace him, then he has little choice but to allow a DIC takeover. He's just trying to make that fact financially softer.

If Hicks bought the club outright he'd be committing financial suicide. I don't believe he is that stupid.

As the second article states, the value of LFC has increased, but only because of the takeover. Once Hicks bought out the club 100% he'd fall into a debt spiral and the wolves would be waiting eagerly for him being forced to sell at a reduced price.

If Gillete wants to sell and Hicks cannot find anyone to replace him, then he has little choice but to allow a DIC takeover. He's just trying to make that fact financially softer.

no he wouldn't, he could then make any decision he likes and in regards to loans all he has to do is refinance them and being in sole charge who can place the ENTIRE debt on the club raher than part on his holding company.

Hicks is all about high risk business strategies. He's been burned before and yet he's still richer than you or I. It pains me to say it, but I don't think he's going anywhere unless DIC offer more money than they seem prepared to. He may have to accept DIC as a partner, but they won't get his half of the club unless it's at his price. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I think your wrong on that score but I hope you are right

Hick doesnt have to sell

Hicks is all about high risk business strategies. He's been burned before and yet he's still richer than you or I. It pains me to say it, but I don't think he's going anywhere unless DIC offer more money than they seem prepared to. He may have to accept DIC as a partner, but they won't get his half of the club unless it's at his price. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I don't think you are to be honest and that's why I refused to get excited when ES and CTR broke their 'exclusives'.

I think your wrong on that score but I hope you are right

Hick doesnt have to sell

Yes he doesn't have to sell. But in order to take 100% control he'd have to lumber himself with a massive amount of risk over just a single asset in his portfolio. It just wouldn't be worth it.

Yep, that´s how I see it too. He´s just playing a game of poker via press at the moment.

I could be wrong though :whistle:

So we give up and just let us get raped then?

Of course there are things to do if the fans are willing to do them.

Firstly, we can concentrate on hurting his business by displaying the hatred against him in a clear way. The media in the US seem to catch interest for this matter, and the open hatred from 95% of everyone involved with this club is very bad PR for the fat cunt. It will also give any new investor pal second thoughts about bying Gilletts part.

Bottom line is if we make is "dangerous" enough for Hicks never to set foot in Anfield again (like Glazier at United) then Mr Hicks will sell. The problem is we have people like Parry and Rafa just this week endorsing Hicks.

Just like Glazer has. Yes I can see that working. I'm in a foul, cynical mood and I can't stop myself. I hope we beat fucking Bolton.

Bottom line is if we make is "dangerous" enough for Hicks never to set foot in Anfield again (like Glazier at United) then Mr Hicks will sell. The problem is we have people like Parry and Rafa just this week endorsing Hicks.

Hicks doesn't ever have to set foot in Anfield ever again. How many times has Malcolm Glazer visited Old Trafford? Nil. Hicks can run the club into the ground from the other side of the Atlantic.