You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robert Kraft...

Kopite

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kraft is no good for this club, he's a penny pincher who wouldn't invest a dime. cut from the same cloth as the current lot but with better PR

We don't even need someone to invest their own money at this stage, we're making huge profit. The problem is we've two leeches sucking £40-60m out of the club every year. Just letting the club run as a self-sufficient entity would be enough for me at the moment. I think it's the best we can hope for too.

Kraft is no good for this club, he's a penny pincher who wouldn't invest a dime. cut from the same cloth as the current lot but with better PR

Huh?

You're clueless son.

He built Gillette Stadium for the Pats, and paid for it out of his own back pocket. He's since expanded that and turned it into a massive hotel/shopping behemoth where you can spend the day.

Not to mention all of the private philanthropic interests he invests in.

He's the best owner in the NFL, because he's put ihis hand in his pocket and has employed the best people.

I'd walk over hot coals and broken glass for an owner like him.

Oh' date=' and that penny pincher today chartered a private Boeing 747 to fly the Pats to and from the UK for this weekend's game against Tampa Bay.[/quote']

he has said repeatedly he's not interested in soccer because of the salaries, so screw him. Just another time waster trying to link himself to LFC

he has said repeatedly he's not interested in soccer because of the salaries, so screw him. Just another time waster trying to link himself to LFC

Rebel, you are embarrassing yourself here mate. He is without a doubt, one of the best NFL owners around. In fact I would say he is among the best owners of sports franchises in the world. Kraft knows exactly how to strike a balance between economics, business and the fundamental ethos of fan culture.

Trust me, we would be lucky to have him. He invests money wisely, identifies top coaches, backs them, supports them. The Kraft organization is streamlined for success. They are 2009 version of LFC in the 70s and 80s.

Rebel, you are embarrassing yourself here mate. He is without a doubt, one of the best NFL owners around. In fact I would say he is among the best owners of sports franchises in the world. Kraft knows exactly how to strike a balance between economics, business and the fundamental ethos of fan culture.

Trust me, we would be lucky to have him. He invests money wisely, identifies top coaches, backs them, supports them. The Kraft organization is streamlined for success. They are 2009 version of LFC in the 70s and 80s.

Can I ask you what he knows about football managers?

Or will we be getting Mike Tomlin to replace Rafa?

Agree.

Robert Kraft is a superb owner.

He doesn't mind the coach's percieved personality or how he is viewed in the media if he is the best, so he would stick with Rafa!

Can I ask you what he knows about football managers?

Or will we be getting Mike Tomlin to replace Rafa?

He hired Steve Nicol, one of the top MLS coaches in the short history of the league. I wouldn't assume just because the guy's American that he can't hire successful coaches.

All this being said, he's a smart businessman, and wouldn't sign onto a league with no salary cap. I don't blame him either.

He hired Steve Nicol, one of the top MLS coaches in the short history of the league. I wouldn't assume just because the guy's American that he can't hire successful coaches.

All this being said, he's a smart businessman, and wouldn't sign onto a league with no salary cap. I don't blame him either.

Nicol was not a successful coach prior to joining Revs. I'm sure the off-field stability has helped him settle and develop his squad though. However, because MLS is a closed shop (no promotion/relegation issues), it would take a disaster of a season for a coach to be sacked.

he isnt rich enough to own us, he's another broke yank like Hicks. he'd leverage it in the same way

being successful in NFL does not make you rich enough to own and operate a Premier League club

Stop while you're far behind, every post just makes it worse.

Huh?

You're clueless son.

He built Gillette Stadium for the Pats' date=' and paid for it out of his own back pocket. He's since expanded that and turned it into a massive hotel/shopping behemoth where you can spend the day.

Not to mention all of the private philanthropic interests he invests in.

He's the best owner in the NFL, because he's put ihis hand in his pocket and has employed the best people.

I'd walk over hot coals and broken glass for an owner like him.[/quote']

Not entirely true it was the largest privately financed stadium at the time but it wasn't his money it was from various investors, naming rights etc. There was extensive consulation with the fans though and he was a couple of years ago an extremely popular owner - not sure about now though

When we were linked with him before these two he looked like a perfect match for us - the fact he doesn't want to invest without a salary cap says it all - he'd want to win but only in a fair contest - the prem and the CL aren't - the media dont address it - oddly enough the americans understand capitalsim - they have deliberately built their games to ensure fair compeition rather than richest takes all - europe just keeps burying its head in the sand