You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

In The Name Of The Father - Never seen this before and the other half as been going on at me for ages to watch it. So I did and it's bloody brilliant film and Postlethwaite and Day-Lewis are phenomenal in it. A sad story that highlights a lot of what the police were about back in the day in terms of cover ups etc.

As long as you had somebody to blame that is all that mattered. Even if you had the truth handed to you on a plate.

9/10 for me.

The Croods - Kids film, nowhere near as good as Monsters Inc: University (7.5/10) or Despicable me 2 (9/10 for a kids film as I constantly laughed and I am a sucker for a comedy side character such as the Minions) It was a bit slow and didn't really get remotely funny till 'Belt' turned up (comedy side character) it was ok and I would give it 6.5/10.

Killing Them Softly - 3/10

Not sure who commissioned this, it plays out likely a poorly directed episode of The Sopranos. Not a lot happens. A dose of humour and a bit more action and it could have been something.

Pain and Gain - 8/10 - loved it, thought it was hilarious. The 3 mains were awesome; I'm not a Bay hater and really enjoy his Transformer's films. It’s mental that it’s a true story, it must be so exaggerated??

It's been changed to appeal more to the audience. Read snippets of the real story and you'll see they've changed all the main bits (even one of the characters!)

The ending isn't even the proper ending.#

I watched Now you see me - 2/10.

The "twist" at the end isn't even a twist as it was just added in there from nothing. Don't bother watching this shit.

Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/10.

I prefer this new breed of Star Trek blockbusters than the Marvel/DC stuff (Excluding Batman of course). Benedict Cumberland sausage was spot on as Khan.

Pain and gain - 7/10.

Could have been a lot better but enjoyable none the less, wouldn't mind reading the book regarding this story, fucking bonkers.

Star Trek Into Darkness - Found it boring, unengaging and shallow. Just another generic shiny action film. Where's the sci-fi?

Then just when you think they are going to do something interesting with it, they bottle it.

I'll give it some points for Quinto and Cumberbatch, even though Pine is fucking awful. 5/10

The Iceman

It's about some mafia contract killer from the 70's and 80's called Richard Kuklinsky.

Good film, not too long, plenty of murders. My kind of film.

8/10

Good film that 7.5/10

I am assuming you have watched this Chiris. Interview with the real guy. i think it is in two parts. It is chilling. Makes you appreciate the lead performance in the film at bit as well. Apols if you have seen it. If not don't miss it.

[YOUTUBE]jjTYwZKuyBs[/YOUTUBE]

Good film that 7.5/10

I am assuming you have watched this Chiris. Interview with the real guy. i think it is in two parts. It is chilling. Makes you appreciate the lead performance in the film at bit as well. Apols if you have seen it. If not don't miss it.

[YOUTUBE]jjTYwZKuyBs[/YOUTUBE]

good man, i havent seen that before, ill give it a watch later.

Thanks