You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That fancy new stadium...

dave u

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up. If I'm not, I'll expect you to do the same.

If the papers run it, all the club have to do is deny it and say that they will be going ahead with the design they showed us. Simple.

And then we can say "don't believe them anyway they're bound to be lying" and go back to the chaos......it'll be great.

I fear Groundshare, Gillett will get what he has wanted all along.

More chance of my arse shooting a snipe than a ground share

But having said this when you look at the time scales it fits in with Everton and the fact that they may not need to move from the city now and other alternatives are now available

These people who own clubs such as ours may think they have covered all the bases when it comes to getting what they want but they haven't a clue what they would take on should they piss on the fans chips so to speak

we will see

The club have received planning approval for the current design and major changes to the plans after they have been received may not be able to be

agreed. I work in construction & I am currently working on a scheme where the planners have intervened and bowed down after the public objected to proposed facade changes to the elevation of a building currently being constructed. If the American owners want to make amendments to the current design, then there would have to be an extensive public consultation and significant changes to the application will mean that the consultation process will have to start again.

The 'new' design is supposed to have a one tier kop like the newish one. Boy this is confusing and from the outset will be have a larger capacity than the two previous designs.

If there are yet further changes, you watch Rick "The Spin Doctor" come out with yet further bullshit.

The 'new' design is supposed to have a one tier kop like the newish one. Boy this is confusing and from the outset will be have a larger capacity than the two previous designs.

the previous design was said to be 76,000 or thereabouts, they're talking about 60,000 here forever because that Parry stadium design was inflexible which was the whole reason they went to HKS in the first place

Tom Hicks: "It was our highest priority when we closed the deal to buy the club.

“We have come up with a fresh design to meet our needs. The previous design had become obsolete – it was seven years old and there were other stadia like it around the world. There had been a lot of change in the footballing world in that time.

the previous design was said to be 76,000 or thereabouts, they're talking about 60,000 here forever because that Parry stadium design was inflexible which was the whole reason they went to HKS in the first place

As Dave said it won't exactly like the initial design. I thought the 2nd HKS design was 60k or thereabouts with room tio improve what would be the Anny Rd (corners had no intention of being filled in apparently). This 'new' onw would be 70k from start to finish and as said be considerably cheaper than the American design.

I don't know what to think.

1. They lie about their initial investment.

2. The mortgage the club to its nose

3. Want to sack a manager over transfer fans

4. And then do a stadium design and then realise they are skint.

I'd laugh if I didn't feel like crying.

I feel ill. Why the fuck did we allow these skint pricks to buy us if they can't do ANYTHING over what we were capable when they arrived?

As Dave said it won't exactly like the initial design. I thought the 2nd HKS design was 60k or thereabouts with room tio improve what would be the Anny Rd (corners had no intention of being filled in apparently). This 'new' onw would be 70k from start to finish and as said be considerably cheaper than the American design.

it was supposed to be 60k initially but would have been gradually increased to 76,000 or whatever which is what they got permission for, 76,000 capacity

if these new plans are correct, we lose near enough 10% of the previously planned capacity