You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That fancy new stadium...

dave u

Remember it, the big, impressive, unique, one of a kind, best in the world stadium Tom Hicks was on about? The one they got planning permission for, and showed us the plans and got everyone all excited? The one that Hicks said we needed because the old design was simply not good enough for the fans?

Well it's been fucked off, and apparently they are planning to revert back to the 'ParryBowl' (with a few alterations), because it's cheaper.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, as I've hardly been on here all week so might have missed it.

Now why am I not surprised

I wonder how David Moores is feeling now after selling his beloved club down the River

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, the deal that Al Ansari may have wanted most eluded him. Earlier this year he came close to acquiring the Liverpool Football Club. Educated in Britain, Al Ansari is a lifelong Liverpool fan, but he dropped out when things got complicated. Eventually U.S. investors Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. landed the club for $430 million. "You have to be somewhat dispassionate about these things but with Liverpool it was impossible not to be upset," says Al Ansari.

:(

Its not cost effective to do it that way

they said that when the plans were at £100m for the 60k. I'd be interested to see the potential figures now considering the potential costs of the current proposed stadia. Just my opinion like but i'd much rather stay at Anfield and it be 55-60k than move for an extra 5-10k.

I really didnt think they could sink that low so quickly.

I know its not the Liverpool way but I am up for a demonstration against them come Sunday, not that it will do any good but they need to know that the fans wont stand for it but they will bend over and take it up the arse afterall thats a football fans lot

Come back Ansari - who incidentally will probably at the game in Sunday...this seems ages ago now.

Sameer Al Ansari added: "We are very disappointed to be making this announcement. DIC are a serious investor with considerable resources at our disposal.

"At the same time, we are supporters of the game and of the club. Liverpool's investment requirements have been well publicised and, after a huge amount of work, we proposed a deal that would provide the club with the funds it needs, both on and off the pitch.

"We were also prepared to offer shareholders a significant premium on the market price of the shares.

"As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can compete at the very highest level in the Premiership and Europe."

As I recall, when the feasibilities studies or whatever were undertaken to look at moving vs staying, and the costs of new vs development of Anfield, one of the main contributory costs to staying was loss of income from decreased attendances whilst new stands were being built etc.

But at that time, we were talking of a new ground for £100m or less, which made it more cost effective. Surely now with the ridiculously high new stadium costs, this argument doesn't apply any more. I know ticket prices have increased, but not at the rates that the cost of the new stadium seems to have.

I see no reason why we can't develop Anfield. Based on LFC's original costings, it would surely be the most cost effective proposal now.

As I recall, when the feasibilities studies or whatever were undertaken to look at moving vs staying, and the costs of new vs development of Anfield, one of the main contributory costs to staying was loss of income from decreased attendances whilst new stands were being built etc.

But at that time, we were talking of a new ground for £100m or less, which made it more cost effective. Surely now with the ridiculously high new stadium costs, this argument doesn't apply any more. I know ticket prices have increased, but not at the rates that the cost of the new stadium seems to have.

I see no reason why we can't develop Anfield. Based on LFC's original costings, it would surely be the most cost effective proposal now.

I understand your reasons but its pointless because the way football going is there will be about 10 super teams of which Liverpool aspire to be, it would be wasted money IMO, because eventually we will have to move to an 75000 stadium. Im not a builder but I am sure those on here who know a bit about construction will tell you its a lot easier to build something knew than revamp something old

just to add we should have moved to a new stadium in 1990s rather than wasting money redeveloping anfield and we dont want to make that same mistake again

i think thats very wishful thinking, the american will want a profit and I cant see anyone giving them that unless we get good old President Andy from Liberia

I think owning the club has proved to be more demanding than both G&H could ever have imagined. With the credit crunch in the US and the escalating cost of the new stadium, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to find someone to buy them out..