You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BASCOMBE EXCLUSIVE:RAFA WILL BE AXED

Randy Marsh

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Talksport their agenda is to create news and especially that of the truly sensational type. It sadly makes better viewing figures.

What we need to do is stick together and ride this one through. A couple of months ago it was Mourinho, then Jol was seen off without much effort, now it is our turn.

Hicks and Rafa sadly "left the pantry door ajar" last week and now the press are having a feeding frenzy.

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, both Mourinho and Jol took the bullet. We need to be far more vocal than Spurs and Chelsea were.

Fuck Sky, we'll show them tomorrow when we back him, where it matters most, at Anfield. I also think it'll help set the tone for the team and leave everyone in no doubt of our backing.

Do you think they'll show it?

"Very quiet here at Anfield tonight..."

tumbleweed.jpg ;)

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, both Mourinho and Jol took the bullet. We need to be far more vocal than Spurs and Chelsea were.

I was thinking about this yesterday. Did either clubs fans protest at all at the removal of their respective managers? I can't remember anything.

That's not really that hard. Only time you see Chelsea fans is when the club provides them all with flags. ;)

Ask any Chelsea fan if they'd have rather lost Abramovich than Mourinho and 99% would say no. As much as they whined about Mourinho's sacking, Roman has their grudging respect and loyalty. The club were headed for backruptcy before he came along. G&H bought a club that had won the CL two years prior, reached another final before they had a spent a penny in the transfer market and had steadily built a sqaud capable of a premiership challenge...all thanks to Rafa. We needed investment to make that next step but unlike Roman, they were not our "saviors".And their lousy 20 million NET spend in the summer (financed almost entirely by our CL revenue) gives them little ammunition to use in any PR-war with Rafa. Politically, G&H are in no position to challenge him.

Well said.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I was thinking about this yesterday. Did either clubs fans protest at all at the removal of their respective managers? I can't remember anything.

Jol got fans vocal backing at games, nothing like Rafa gets as a matter of course.

Mourinho only after the event as I recall.

Nobody will be left in any doubt tomorrow night, both inside and outside the ground.

Vinny O'Connor seems ok, I presume he is a Red? I cannot stand James Cooper thouh. He is a brown noser & is always sucking up to Slur Alex. I remember him interviewing Whiskey nose in the summer about Heinze and he said "Can you understand why a player would even consider wanting to leave Old Trafford?".

blue apparently, someone said he went to st.anselms in birkenhead. I went there but never heard a word of him whilst there so i dont know

They are hard nosed american business men who didnt become as rich as they are by being sentimental. The glaziers didnt give a fuck what the vermin said on banners or sang in the ground did they?

If they want to sack him they will. End of story.

If they dont sack him, then this has put Benitez in his place and I actually think has been a very well worked.

We shall see.

blue apparently, someone said he went to st.anselms in birkenhead. I went there but never heard a word of him whilst there so i dont know

You are correct. I've just googled Vinny O'Connor & it confirmed that during a live link-up with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, O'Connor's mobile phone rang and played the Z Cars theme.

You are correct. I've just googled Vinny O'Connor & it confirmed that during a live link-up with Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, O'Connor's mobile phone rang and played the Z Cars theme.

He is a blue and my mate's cousin. He's a good lad actually, reasonably well balanced when it comes to us.

Most people who are ridiculing this seem to be doing so on the basis that sacking Rafa seems an extreme over-reaction. Whilst I agree, my concerns are not that I think his sacking is imminent (although I'm not dismissing that notion either), but that the relationships at the apex of the club are so fundamentally fucked up to the point where it's affecting the team, both short term (undue extra pressure on the players before a crucial match) and long term (control over transfer decisions).