You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BASCOMBE EXCLUSIVE:RAFA WILL BE AXED

Randy Marsh

I hadn't even noticed he was wearing a tracksuit and not a suit for the Newcastle game, man this shit just gets more and more bizzare.

Is that sarcasm :whistle: I can never tell. This point was brought up loads, and it was actually one of the first things I noticed. Aldo picked up on it last night as well, I think it was his "coaching and training" outfit.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Bascombe wants me to clarify the following points - please don't shoot the messenger.

1. Rafa Benitez will be sacked by the Americans by the end of the season. Only good results will keep him in the job but that is only until the summer.

2. The owners don't like him and were furious about the post Athen's rant too.

3. The only way he will stay long term is if the "ownership" changes in any way.

4. DIC are unlikely to come back this stage but you never know.

It is a mess really and it has happened because the owners have a total lack of understanding about European "soccer".....

It is just down to fan power now but according to Bascombe it is just a matter of "when"...

This is like when Patrick Swayze's character in Ghost chose to talk through Whoopi Goldberg.

Is that sarcasm :whistle: I can never tell. This point was brought up loads, and it was actually one of the first things I noticed. Aldo picked up on it last night as well, I think it was his "coaching and training" outfit.

No I didn't see the game for my sins!

Gerrard has said exactly what's required of him in that piece. We really do need to focus on the match tomorrow night as it's a huge game even before the off-the-pitch considerations are taken into account.

If G+H decide to sack Rafa, they’ll have to bring in someone else. The new gaffer would have ideas on his own. He’d probably want to sign some new players. Also, a couple of players would probably leave us.

If they sack him G+H better be prepared to back the new one with a lot of money, or else accept lower ambitions for the club. Either way, it’s bad for business.

I pin my hope to the fact that G+H are businessmen. Would they really hurt their own investment? They can’t be that T.Hick, can they?

Seeing as someone mentioned Talksport, I never normally listen but switched it on yesterday when I heard that Bascombe was on.

Did anyone hear Mike Parry suggest that Rafa was making excuses for still having a side that unable to win the Prem. I was waiting for Bascombe to shout him down by reminding him that if we win our game in hand we go above Utd (the favourites!). He didn't.......

it annoys me that the yanks have no understanding of football

if they want a yes man they should look at how McClaren did at England, no doubt they value the yes man status above tactical and transfer market ability, which means we're screwed

they need to understand that Rafa is a special manager

Balague said that the "American owners were refusing to santion transfers" and added that "Mourinho is currently negotiating with a top club in England".

Although not as part of the same piece I don't think.

Listen to the Times podcast this week.

Ballague says that the reason they are sacking the manager is because he is taking too much on and he insinuates someone has been whispering this in their ears (Parry!). He states that the decision has nothing to do with finances (Benitez net spend in the summer was £20M which he earnt through CL) and nothing to do with sporting matters (3 points behind United with game in hand) simply the bosses thinking Rafa is too big for his boots..

More accurate

dont think i have been this nervous before a game since athens. I think we will snot them, but if we dont, i will be shitting it.

That's kind of ironic though.

Because, no one really focusses on the game and the result, it's like in second hand. Everyone is up with this Rafa backing and stuff, and the games doesn't really matter.

It is a very important match, and we need to win it. And I think we'll win it 2-0.

What time will the pre-Porto press conference be? Not looking forward to it at all. Incidentally, was just lurking on RAWK, and they were all so incensed at SSN acting as if a sizeable amount of supporters wanted Rafa out that they emailed en masse, and SSN have pretty much issued a retraction. Petty, but quite amusing.

The more I think about this, the more I think there's only one way out that allows our co-owners to not lose face and turn nearly every supporter against them.

If they are the PR experts they seemed to be when they took over they'll realise this and make Parry a scapegoat for a misunderstanding, get shut of him and back the manager. That way everyone ends up happy.

If Rafa goes, it will be the confirmation if it was ever needed that the club and its supporters have never been so far apart. I said it at the start of this thread but if that happens those American cunts won't see any more of my money. AFC Liverpool anybody?

What time will the pre-Porto press conference be? Not looking forward to it at all. Incidentally, was just lurking on RAWK, and they were all so incensed at SSN acting as if a sizeable amount of supporters wanted Rafa out that they emailed en masse, and SSN have pretty much issued a retraction. Petty, but quite amusing.

Didn't see that (most amusing) but caught them suggesting Rafa will give his pre-porto this afternoon about 2pm? Anyone confirm?

The more I think about this, the more I think there's only one way out that allows our co-owners to not lose face and turn nearly every supporter against them.

If they are the PR experts they seemed to be when they took over they'll realise this and make Parry a scapegoat for a misunderstanding, get shut of him and back the manager. That way everyone ends up happy.

It's funny you should say that, I was thinking pretty much the same when I was making my butties a few minutes ago but then as I cut through the final slice of cheese, an errant thought popped into my head and it was simply, "dreamland."