You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Underrated Actors

Section_31

I'd go along with that. In fact I think you can say much the same for Leonardo Di Caprio.

I think he's ace in Romeo and Juliet and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (may have forgotten one other role there), but just going through the "big star" motions in virtually everything else he's done.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's ace in Romeo and Juliet and What's Eating Gilbert Grape? (may have forgotten one other role there), but just going through the "big star" motions in virtually everything else he's done.

He was class in Blood Diamond too, though I'm not sure anyone could call an actor who has been nominated for Oscar three times "under-rated".

I agree with you on Cruise, the guy is a much better actor than he's given credit for.

Geoffrey Rush.

An Oscar for Best Actor and two more nominations - awesome he undoubtedly is, under-rated: definitely not.

Chaz Palminteri.

Oh yes.

Verbal: The DA gave me immunity.

Dave Kujan (Chaz): Not from me. You get no immunity from me, you piece of shit. Every criminal I have put in prison, every cop that owes me a favor, every creep and scumbag that walks the streets for a living will know the name of Verbal Kint. Now you talk to me, or that precious immunity they seem so fit to grant you won't be worth the paper the contract put out on your life is printed on.

• 4 weeks later...

Danny Huston.

Since the great Ivansxtc I think he's been great in every film I've seen him in. A very very good actor. Brilliantly casted as the head vampire in 30 Days of Night I saw last night.

21 grams, Aviator, proposition, constant gardner, children of men.

Stand up Danny Huston, one of my favourite current actors.

30dhuston.jpg

Daniel Day-Lewis

daniel day lewis isnt underrated, he just has class and doesnt take on movies for the sake of it, he's won an oscar(my left foot) and been nominated aswell.

he gave up acting to become a cobbler and scorcese and weinstein had to fly to ireland and visit his farmhouse in wicklow to persuade him to do gangs of new york.

he has a new flick out soon and from what ive heard, he's nearly odds on already to win another oscar for it.

one of the very best in the world in my opinion.