You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Birmingham game

RedAdmiral

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I know it's no excuse but we were fucking LUCKY to walk away from Portsmouth with a point.

We were lucky to get out of Porto with a draw as well, IMO. We played like shit those two matches. I think Birmingham we did a lot better but couldn't finish in the final third. I think Riise needs to go... for sure. We need to replace him with a top class winger.

Yeah... I know it's no excuse but we were fucking LUCKY to walk away from Portsmouth with a point.

We were lucky to get out of Porto with a draw as well, IMO. We played like shit those two matches. I think Birmingham we did a lot better but couldn't finish in the final third. I think Riise needs to go... for sure. We need to replace him with a top class winger.

We had wingers willing to come in the summer, we chose not to pay the money and got alternatives.. you pays your money you takes your choice.

Torres on the bench for the first 60+ minutes? FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF!

Just when is he going to get the message to win the PL you have to have your best 11 out in every game?

The boo's around Anfield tell the story, we're all getting tired of this rotation shit. If some people cant see past that, then they'd better start basking in the 2005 Champions League victory because that, quite possibly, is as good as it may get.

Get it sorted Rafa, for fuck's sake.

Trying me best to work out any positives i can from that game but i cant.

I agree regards rotation as once again Torres looked more dangerous in the half hour then Voronin or Kuyt did all game.

I dont know what the reason behind it all whether its the International break or rotation but players such as Gerrard who are normally regular 8 out of 10 players are putting in performances no better then 6.

I know its early but for me every point counts and games at home against Birmingham should be home bankers. Arsenal have gained another 2 points on us and was again we are part of the chasing pack.

I dont think its tiredness which is the issue but just a collective lack of form by too many players.

I thought taking off Babel today was a mistake as i thought he was at least trying and always has the chance of using a bit of flair and scoring a goal from nowhere.

We dont know the story with Torres. Has he got a knock and isnt able to play a full game or what?. If its purely rotation to let other strikers get a game then Rafa is dropping one almighty bollock because without Torres upfront we are void of ideas.

I agree with the posters earlier in the thread where we have certain players who shouldnt be rotated unless injured.

Reina, Carra, Agger, Mascherano, Gerrard, Pennant and Torres should all be first names on the team sheet with the other 4 places up for grabs.

Once the players start getting tired then they can be subbed during the game to be given a rest but playing a different striker partnership every game isnt helping anyone.

We have Reading coming up in the Carling Cup. This is the opportunity to rest players but not in the Premier lge where every point is vital.

This thread and forum is now going to go into meltdown and believe me im as pissed off as anyone but lets just remember it is still very early in the season, we are still unbeaten and yet to still concede a goal from open play.

Why do average players suddenly become saviours when they are out? Yossi would have done fuck all today....

I thought you were going out into the garden to calm down?

I never said he'd be a saviour. He's better at unpicking tight defences than some of the other players who started today is all. For example, was there really a need to play Mascherano against a team that was obviously going to play for a draw?

Rashid. I disagree. Mancini and Quaresma are great talents but aren't "Rafa" players. They have bad mentalities.

I think Quaresma COULD be alright when surrounded by the right squad. I think he'd adapt to our team 'fighters' mentality but I don't think Rafa thinks so...

Let's be honest... Top class wingers just aren't usually for sale. Who is really out there? Daniel Carvalho can play a cracking left-flank and has done wonders for CSKA but he isn't exactly speedy. Oleg Husyev is the Ukrainian Daniel Alves but he's only proven himself in the Ukrainian High League and the UEFA cup... probably not deemed worth a chance for our right flank. Quaresma/Mancini we've talked about till blue in the face. Alves didn't go anywhere. Malouda went to Chelsea for the money. Ribery went to Bayern... We could have had him, IMO. Maxi Rodriquez could have been a good option for our Right flank.. but would have cost another 20m+ to Atletico.

Messi isn't for sale. etc. etc. There aren't many options to be honest for proven creative genius on either flank.

Trying me best to work out any positives i can from that game but i cant.

I agree regards rotation as once again Torres looked more dangerous in the half hour then Voronin or Kuyt did all game.

I dont know what the reason behind it all whether its the International break or rotation but players such as Gerrard who are normally regular 8 out of 10 players are putting in performances no better then 6.

I know its early but for me every point counts and games at home against Birmingham should be home bankers. Arsenal have gained another 2 points on us and was again we are part of the chasing pack.

I dont think its tiredness which is the issue but just a collective lack of form by too many players.

I thought taking off Babel today was a mistake as i thought he was at least trying and always has the chance of using a bit of flair and scoring a goal from nowhere.

We dont know the story with Torres. Has he got a knock and isnt able to play a full game or what?. If its purely rotation to let other strikers get a game then Rafa is dropping one almighty bollock because without Torres upfront we are void of ideas.

I agree with the posters earlier in the thread where we have certain players who shouldnt be rotated unless injured.

Reina, Carra, Agger, Mascherano, Gerrard, Pennant and Torres should all be first names on the team sheet with the other 4 places up for grabs.

Once the players start getting tired then they can be subbed during the game to be given a rest but playing a different striker partnership every game isnt helping anyone.

We have Reading coming up in the Carling Cup. This is the opportunity to rest players but not in the Premier lge where every point is vital.

This thread and forum is now going to go into meltdown and believe me im as pissed off as anyone but lets just remember it is still very early in the season, we are still unbeaten and yet to still concede a goal from open play.

Coop talking sense as always

A team of "fighters" will never win the league, even Chelsea under Mourinho still had top quality on the wing and up front the seasons they won it. We were quoted £20M for Quaresma according to POrtuguese papers but we bulked, I reckon we would have got him for close to that... but forget him.. we chose Babel instead and i haven't seen anything from him yet to et me going.. he lacks skill and flair.... the only player that has improved our team from last year is Torres and he can't even start games!..

Rashid. I disagree. Mancini and Quaresma are great talents but aren't "Rafa" players. They have bad mentalities.

I think Quaresma COULD be alright when surrounded by the right squad. I think he'd adapt to our team 'fighters' mentality but I don't think Rafa thinks so...

I suspect they have too much flair and Rafa prefers his honest meat-and-two-veg players.

Well, well, the worst display of football I have seen since the last year of Houllier.

I am sorry, but there is no way around asking THE question.

Wrong team selection, horrible substitutions (Babel off, Kuyt/Voronin on the wings, what the fuck was that?), a total lack of a pattern in the attacking play.

Our 25 million pound striker, who IMO have proven to be world class already, has played 20 min. against Pompey and 30 min. against Brum. How much rest does a 23 year old striker really need? And for what purpose is he rested? The Reading match on tuesday? I hope for Rafas sake that the reason is a slight injury problem.

Very depressed now. This team has no chance in hell to win the league.

Um... Babel is all skill and flair, Rashid. He just isn't a winger.

to be honest I don't think so, he's unpredictable but so far I've seen mainly awful technique and lack of control. reminds me a little of ronny rosenthal and although ronny did well enough for us, he was far from top class.

11 million on this guy is a huge gamble

to be honest I don't think so, he's unpredictable but so far I've seen mainly awful technique and lack of control. reminds me a little of ronny rosenthal and although ronny did well enough for us, he was far from top class.

11 million on this guy is a huge gamble

I've seen enough from him to still think that he's mustard and will be a player for us for years. He's still young and developing remember. Look at Ronaldo for christ sakes... two years ago he couldn't hit the net and then the next year he nets what... 17 goals?

Well, well, the worst display of football I have seen since the last year of Houllier.

I am sorry, but there is no way around asking THE question.

Wrong team selection, horrible substitutions (Babel off, Kuyt/Voronin on the wings, what the fuck was that?), a total lack of a pattern in the attacking play.

Our 25 million pound striker, who IMO have proven to be world class already, has played 20 min. against Pompey and 30 min. against Brum. How much rest does a 23 year old striker really need? And for what purpose is he rested? The Reading match on tuesday? I hope for Rafas sake that the reason is a slight injury problem.

Very depressed now. This team has no chance in hell to win the league.

You're not alone in what you say except for the last sentence. Point is though, if Torres isnt fit, then why is he on the bench? If he's fit, why's he on the bench?

Its a total fucking joke. We are expected to challenge for the league with one arm up our backs.

Just wise up Rafa for god's sake before our title challenge is over once again. I can take draws when we've played our best team, tried all sorts or its just 'one of those days' but this is too fucking much. God I've never been so pissed off with football for a long, long time.

Fuck right off with that talk. We beat Arsenal and we are ONE point behind them. We are still sitting with the pace.

We just can't hemorrage any more points while they fail to do so.

Sorry, but you have to face reality.

It is not the result in itself or the 4 points up to Arsenal that worries me, it is the performances. I was very optimistic before this season as I thougth we now have the necessary guality in the squad. But the last 3 games have clearly shown that we have not moved forward when it comes to our attacking play, and this is a vital key to a title challenge.

Fuck right off with that talk. We beat Arsenal and we are ONE point behind them. We are still sitting with the pace.

We just can't hemorrage any more points while they fail to do so.

they've got some easy fixtures and we have to keep winning to keep up to them and beat them at Anfield when they're full of belief

games we have to win are Wigan away before a CL home match, Spurs at home before the international break, Everton away after the international break, now I would say we have a chance but if Rafa does what hes' done in the last month i.e play his best players in the CL and rest them after the international break we won't havfe much of a chance as far as the league is concerned as we will drop more valuable points