You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Monarchy

Remmie

11 hours ago, halewood pete said:

Does anybody on here actually believe Andrew has covid?I certainly don't, nor do any of my family and friends think so either.its clearly a decision by the powers that be to keep the embarrassing twat out the way so as not to steal the limelight from his mum.hes fucking finished in public life

Even if he has why the isolation?

He's took one for the team. Nonce.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I never like these kind of sneering vox pops. It's picking the most extreme examples of dopy fuckers so viewers can feel irradiated in smug superiority. 

Normally I'd agree but from some of the mainstream interviews i saw yesterday id say the people in that segment are fairly reflective of the crowd camping out on the Mall. 

Someone just pointed out on the radio that Meghan Markle is the only self made millionaire in the Royal family. Just when you thought you couldn't hate her more! She's a fucking freeloading peasant. Keep our Royals blue blood. Both Diana Spencer and Sarah Fergerson were born of well bred stock and not a moments trouble was given by either.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I never like these kind of sneering vox pops. It's picking the most extreme examples of dopy fuckers so viewers can feel irradiated in smug superiority. 

There's plenty more where that daft cunt came from 

I'd pay double taxes for her , fuck me where do you start with that level of sycophantic bollocks. 

And the worse thing is those fucking parasites would gladly let her and us pay it while laughing there tits off at us as well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Even if he has why the isolation?

He's took one for the team. Nonce.

Yeah - there was no way they were going to allow him to attract any negative coverage/commentary to this shite.

It is all about selling the monarchy to the masses and playing on all the goodwill that exists to The Queen - a massive PR exercise and one they know will strengthen the horrible bastards position.....they were never going to give the free hit that is that piece of shite Andrew to the media etc to pick at.

Covid is a handy excuse.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah - there was no way they were going to allow him to attract any negative coverage/commentary to this shite.

It is all about selling the monarchy to the masses and playing on all the goodwill that exists to The Queen - a massive PR exercise and one they know will strengthen the horrible bastards position.....they were never going to give the free hit that is that piece of shite Andrew to the media etc to pick at.

Covid is a handy excuse.

I expect he’s in chains in the Tower dungeons awaiting the red hot poker up the jack . 

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Covid is a handy excuse.

Loved the narrative, "only working royals" on balcony. Oh fuck off.

I don't hate my own country (there's seldom a point to that) but I could certainly do without the monarchy. 

I hope that Elizabeth II is the last, thereby giving the instituation a relatively dignified send off. Of course thats unlikely. 

I wonder if I'll ever see a British Republic. Or English Republic if the Union goes. 

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I've had a right cuntfull of this now.

Why expose yourself to it then? I've barely seen a picosecond of the coverage because I choose not to. It's pretty easy to avoid if, like me, you don't give a shit about any of it.

I think some people just like to get triggered by Union Jacks. Really odd behaviour.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't hate my own country (there's seldom a point to that) but I could certainly do without the monarchy. 

I hope that Elizabeth II is the last, thereby giving the instituation a relatively dignified send off. Of course thats unlikely. 

I wonder if I'll ever see a British Republic. Or English Republic if the Union goes. 

It's sad that you should have to say that first line though.

These people and the Eaton college types are NOT our country.

The queen's uncle was a nazi sympathiser, portions of her family were and possibly still are.

The Tories spent the early part of the war trying to undermine Churchill, install Lord Halifax and do a peace with Hitler.

The ideislogy they subscribe to destroyed incalculable numbers of British jobs and British communities. They undermine British business when if suits and put sons of foreign agents in the house of lords when it suits.

All of Britain's greatest achievements have been achieved IN SPITE of the blue bloods and not because of.

From engineering and politics to founders of the NHS and our best military minds, many have often been deemed rogue members of the establishment or people who pushed their way up from below by sheer talent and force of will.

My country is the country of the Dunkirk rescue, the NHS, the 5,000 year old man with the giant cock on the hill, the cheese rolling and the people who rush to fill the void, charities and foodbanks, when the state withdraws its support to save a buck.

It's not the country of the queen, the multitude of dukes and earls, eaton and Sandhurst. They're the parasites that have wormed their way in to skim off the top and control the cultural narrative, and it's worked judging by the news coverage. But they can get fucked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I don't mind pageantry, pointless traditions, anthems or even flag waving. Fill your boots if that's your thing.

It's the status of a figurehead family given by birth that I could do without. It feeds into the worst concepts of hierarchical bloodlines, and filters down to a class system that still demonises those at the bottom as somehow being a breed beneath the rest. It's no great surprise that those news outlets that venerate Liz tend to be the most vicious to those on the lowest rung of the social ladder.

Makes us seem like ants, all gathering round a queen. Ours can't even fly.

• Upvote 1