You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our Players In Trouble On The Algarve?

1892-LFCWasBorn

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is this trip was supposed to Iron out any problems

Were there any Gav ? (Seriously I dont know, were there ?).

In other news in the NoTW they claim FIFA, yeah, FIFA, have said Mascherano and Tevezs contracts aren't valid. Doesnt say anything about Fernandes though (funny that!) and doesnt mention why Fifa saisd we could sign Machesrano two weeks ago. And I also see thaqt the NoTW has just paid up out of court to the romaninan guy who has just spent 8 months in custody on charges of conspiracy to kidnap Posh Spice, only for it to all fall down in court.

So the NoTW publishes shite, often. No chance this is all the work of Catalonian journos trying to create an 'eto refuses to play;'headline for us ?

It's funny that any reported embarrasing news and everyone jumps to the defence of our players as if they are your own children.

Some people on here need to wake up and smell the coffee. Every weekend at stag nights across the country loads of lads aged from 18 to even in their 40's get bevvied up and do stupid things like getting themselves arrested or into fights related through alcohol. Why should a group of lads aged between 18 and 35 behave any better just because they play for Liverpool when they are out having a bevvie? It happens and always will. The fact that they play for the greatest English football club you would think would make them behave in a more professional manner but it doesnt.

Yes it is embarrasing. Yes it does make you think why are we paying this lot so much per week for this behaviour but these things happen. Probably happens a lot more often but half of it doesnt get reported.

Anyone read Fowler's book will know he gets bored easily and has done some stupid stunts after getting on the bevvy. Same probably said for a lot of others. To hear that Fowler and Pennant were involved didnt realy surprise me. Dudek yes, but Bellamy and Riise and this golf club incident just makes me cringe. It's laughable.

The thing is, if we get any kind of result at the Nou Camp now all will be forgotten and that surely will be the way the players will now try and respond to this incident.

Could be a blessing in disguise, however if we get twatted in the Nou Camp...............:notamused:

Why would Rafa release a statement if it was all lies? It was in other papers too, not just that rag.

But Ive said, something must have happened. But I refuse to believe (especially when the Beeb, ITV and SSN aren't running the story) that Bellers hit JAR in his room at 4am with a golf club. Last night, it was Fowler, Pennant and Dudek who had vandalised cars and electrical equipment with golf clubs ffsand didnt dudek try and plant a nut on a copper ? AS if.......

Maybe they (JAR and Bellers) had a row or tiff, but by all accounts both are hot headed players, so who gives a ?

In a nutshell, Im asking was this just two players have row after a few beers and if it was, then who give s a shite and its just the wedia whiopping it up, not the sham eon LFC that NoTW stated and others seem to think.

In other words, were playing Barca on Wednesday and they have to have a go at us about something.

But Ive said, something must have happened. But I refuse to believe (especially when the Beeb, ITV and SSN aren't running the story) that Bellers hit JAR in his room at 4am with a golf club. Last night, it was Fowler, Pennant and Dudek who had vandalised cars and electrical equipment with golf clubs ffsand didnt dudek try and plant a nut on a copper ? AS if.......

Maybe they (JAR and Bellers) had a row or tiff, but by all accounts both are hot headed players, so who gives a ?

In a nutshell, Im asking was this just two players have row after a few beers and if it was, then who give s a shite and its just the wedia whiopping it up, not the sham eon LFC that NoTW stated and others seem to think.

In other words, were playing Barca on Wednesday and they have to have a go at us about something.

It begs the question why would we release a statement if it was so trivial?

It begs the question why would we release a statement if it was so trivial?

To say 'move along please, nothing to see here' ?

We've got Barca on Wednesday and saying we'll deal with it is a way of us putting it to one side and allowing us to concentrate on the game. Like I said, the Beeb, ITV and SSN haven't run the story. When and if they do i'll take it far more seriously. NoTW is not a reliable soure of info to me.

Since all the gutter press quotes on the thread seem to focus exclusively on what alledgedly happened, rather that why it alledgedly happened, here's TeamTalk's take on events. They suggest they got this from the NOTW, but nobody that posted the NOTW's story seems to have posted this bit. Apologies if I've just missed it. OK, TeamTalk's another noted source of bullshit but whilst I don't necessarily believe this, I don't find it unbelievable either...

Bickering Reds get Rafa warning

Bickering Reds get Rafa warning

Sun 18 Feb, 3:45 PM

Rafa Benitez has warned Liverpool the club will take disciplinary action if any of his players breached club rules during their Portugal trip.Liverpool went to Portugal to prepare for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Barcelona and woke on Sunday morning to newspaper reports alleging a fracas between Craig Bellamy and John Arne Riise.

Liverpool are understood to feel that the reports have been blown out of proportion but Benitez nevertheless felt it necessary to remind his players about their behaviour.

"I met this morning with the entire first-team squad and made it absolutely clear to all of them the responsibilities that come with playing for this club and the way they are expected to conduct themselves both on and off the pitch," the Spaniard said.

"The players worked extremely hard at last week's training camp, but we will take disciplinary action and fine any of them who are found to have breached club rules during our stay in Portugal.

"I've told the players this and they understand and accept the decision I have taken.

"Despite reports to the contrary, the spirit amongst the lads is very good with everyone looking forward to the game against Barcelona on Wednesday.

"We remain totally focussed on what will be a very tough game against the defending European Champions."

The alleged assault is reported to have occurred on Friday night in Portugal where the Liverpool team squad were training ahead of next week's Champions League tie with Barcelona.

According to reports in the News of the World, the 'vicious punch-up' broke out at a karoke bar. The newspaper quotes an 'inside source' saying: "There had been a lot of drinking and everyone was enjoying themselves. But it all went wrong when Craig tried to drag John up for a song. There was a karaoke competition going on, but John's a quiet one off the pitch and wasn't having it at all.

"It started off as a bit of a lark with some of the other lads having a go but then it got completely out of hand. John went ballistic because Craig wouldn't take no for an answer. He was screaming at Craig to leave him alone, saying he wouldn't do it and yelling insults.

"Everyone was completely stunned by it because they were really having a go, standing there toe to toe swearing at each other. There were about 20 players in the bar including all the senior guys, like Steven Gerrard, Peter Crouch and Dirk Kuyt.

"They were warned to keep a lid on it and it appeared to calm down.

"It was really late, about 2am, and the players eventually started drifting off to bed. But Craig, who was sharing with Steve Finnan, was so wound up he couldn't sleep.

"He suddenly grabbed a golf club and went looking for John. And when he found him he waded in, hacking at his legs with the club.

"All hell was let loose and John suffered a lot of bruising. Craig was out of control and shouting that John had belittled him in front of the lads."

Meanwhile, The People and the Mail on Sunday report that a number of other Liverpool players were involved in a separate 'boozy row'.

'And among those who could face disciplinary action for the fracas in Portugal are Robbie Fowler, Jermaine Pennant and Jerzy Dudek,' states the latter publication.

Reports in Portugal claim that at least one Reds player was handcuffed for 'attempting to headbutt a policeman'.

I still want to know if the last bit is true - I reckon Jerzy is bonkers enough to nut a copper stone cold sober, let alone after a few shandies.

To say 'move along please, nothing to see here' ?

We've got Barca on Wednesday and saying we'll deal with it is a way of us putting it to one side and allowing us to concentrate on the game. Like I said, the Beeb, ITV and SSN haven't run the story. When and if they do i'll take it far more seriously. NoTW is not a reliable soure of info to me.

That is the operating word. Believe me, this saga will run for days as the info slowly filters out.

As for NOTW not being a reliable source of information, no argument there. Unfortunately there are other, far more reliable sources.

Also, if the golf clubbing hadn't actually happened, I can guarantee that the Rafa's statement would have dismissed it, as it is a very serious allegation.

TV2 Sporten on Norwegian television are reporting everything as facts. Bellamy kicked in Riise's door and started battering his legs and said: "I going to end your career" . Then he went for his head and said: "Im going to kill you". They are reporting this as facts, not even saying allegedly or according to a source. This is absurd. They are actually accusing him of attempt of murder here. The media get away with anything the bastards

From the offal forums:

ThirdPaul

Administrator

My understanding, and this is not an official comment, is that yesterday there was a page on a gossip/s**** site run by an Evertonian that made all sorts of wild claims about our players. Some of the Sundays are reporting that page, some are reporting other rumours.

My comment yesterday was that I was horrified that so-called fans gave any credence to this garbage, so suspiciously timed just before a CL match.

From the offal forums:

ThirdPaul

Administrator

My understanding, and this is not an official comment, is that yesterday there was a page on a gossip/s**** site run by an Evertonian that made all sorts of wild claims about our players. Some of the Sundays are reporting that page, some are reporting other rumours.

My comment yesterday was that I was horrified that so-called fans gave any credence to this garbage, so suspiciously timed just before a CL match.

What time was that posted? Also, would we release a statement if nothing had happened?

That is the operating word. Believe me, this saga will run for days as the info slowly filters out.

As for NOTW not being a reliable source of information, no argument there. Unfortunately there are other, far more reliable sources.

Also, if the golf clubbing hadn't actually happened, I can guarantee that the Rafa's statement would have dismissed it, as it is a very serious allegation.

Hi Cap, exactly, so its in the interests of Barca and not us for this to run and run. Hence we, LFC fans, should perhaps wait until we hear from some more reliable sources. Afterall, last night it was gospel that Dudek was trying to Headbut a policeman after he, Fowler and Pennant were charging round the hotel smashing up cars etc with a golf club.

Somethings happened between Riise and Bellers I dont doubt that, but like Ive said earlier was it more handbags over a few beers or did he really take a golf club to him in the middle of the night ?

It`s hardly a surprise to find some of our players in stories like these, but what really dissapoints me is the fact they do this so close to the most important game of what`s left of the season.

They can party and beat each other in the summer when we won the cup.

I think Rafa will get rid of the boys who let us down here. Can`t imagine he`ll accept this and I hope he won`t either.

If we were winning every game, then fine by me, have your bit of fun, but when we are beaten by a mile in the league and humiliated in the cups then it`s just not good enough!

TV2 Sporten on Norwegian television are reporting everything as facts. Bellamy kicked in Riise's door and started battering his legs and said: "I going to end your career" . Then he went for his head and said: "Im going to kill you". They are reporting this as facts, not even saying allegedly or according to a source. This is absurd. They are actually accusing him of attempt of murder here. The media get away with anything the bastards

On the subject of TV2: Did I just see what I think I saw? They had a reporter outside Anfield getting reactions from fans, and one of them goes on about how much of a disgrace the whole thing is...now, he's wearing a jacket, but you can easily see he's wearing a BS shirt underneath! Utterly unbelievable!

Oh, and one more thing. Aage Hareide can fuck right off - fucking cunt. Always has been, always will be.

Norwegian media are too excited about a Norwegian player being involved to bother checking the facts.