You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things that make my blood boil.

Stouffer

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deluded types who think London is Evil because it's in the south. If you don't like it, don't fucking go. And I have found the standard of manners to be at least as good as those received in Liverpool

I think the smoke is fucking ace if you've got a big fat wedge in your pocket and time to play. However, living there is my idea of hell. It's completely fucking relentless. Liverpool isn't some magical oasis of gentility by any means, but manners in London are proper shite. Maybe it's the whole street crime thing where people don't want to risk any sort of interaction in a truly massive city, as New York is similar (although not as bad).

If you came to where I live paul i think you'd be pleasantly surprised about how open. Once you get out the centre london is full of pockets with all sorts going on. Like anywhere you need someone to take you round so you don't get stiffed

Where do you live? I've been to London loads of times and have friends who live/have lived all over. Like I said, it's amazing if you want to play, but I couldn't live there.

Guest molbyscorchio

London is great. You can be 10 minutes from the West End, yet have your own identifiable 'village', with its own shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. I think it's fab.

1) Hoodies, the people not the actual garment..

2) Scallies who call everyone 'lad' For example one phone call that went.. Hey how ya doing lad, yeah lad, I know lad,sure lad..

3) People who wear shades indoors or on dull days..

4) Andy Gray thinnly veiled hatred of Liverpool.. and connected is:

5) Sky Sports thinnly veilled hatred of Liverpool

London is great. You can be 10 minutes from the West End, yet have your own identifiable 'village', with its own shops, bars, cafes and restaurants. I think it's fab.

I'd agree with that - we're in Crouch End and it's very much like that. As for bringing your kids up in London - there is some bad shit that goes on in the countryside as well - people still get mugged, houses get robbed and cars get broken into. And a lot of the kids are so bored shitless they end up on crack anyway. I've got 3 kids under 9, and have no intention of leaving.

Deluded types who think London is Evil because it's in the south. If you don't like it, don't fucking go. And I have found the standard of manners to be at least as good as those received in Liverpool

I never said it was evil. I was just expressing an opinion about some peoples manners down there.

2) Scallies who call everyone 'lad' For example one phone call that went.. Hey how ya doing lad, yeah lad, I know lad,sure lad..

Even in the hot spell we had in July, there were still scalls in hoodies... Why??? Also in that hot spell, there were scalls in lacoste trackie tops, but bare chested (just wear a fuckin' t-shirt). Its like they cant be parted from their "uniform" whatever the weather.

I'd agree with that - we're in Crouch End and it's very much like that. As for bringing your kids up in London - there is some bad shit that goes on in the countryside as well - people still get mugged, houses get robbed and cars get broken into. And a lot of the kids are so bored shitless they end up on crack anyway. I've got 3 kids under 9, and have no intention of leaving.

We're in Muswell Hill, but I grew up in the country. I totally agree with what you're saying. Having said that, I'll probably get mugged by an extremely curt man on my way home.

Tell me about it! Me mates birds brother does it and he's as middle class as they come, dresses like a scruff and thinks he's the worlds hardest fourteen year old even though he cries when he's sick.

We're in Muswell Hill, but I grew up in the country. I totally agree with what you're saying. Having said that, I'll probably get mugged by an extremely curt man on my way home.

Do you ever go to the Hope and Anchor in Hornsey? - fantastic Red pub ran by an exciled scouser

I also grow up in the country, my wife grew up in Heswall- so we both have an inbuilt fear of small towns.

we used to drink in the pub at the top of the hill in highgate, can never remeber its name. You can sit outside and they do sunday roasts. That is until we made the journey saf of the river. East Dulwich Rules. You can still get a beer at 4am in the back of the kebab shop and a bit of you know what with yer kebab, if that floats yer boat.

West Hampstead is nice but full of patsy type people.

Crouch End your lucky - thats one of my areas i cover for work and it is very plesant compared to some of the surrouding areas - i have the complete joy of being based in Wood Green - which is a bit of a dump.. Broadwater farm is also one of my estates - i dont go the up there without my AK...

Crouch End your lucky - thats one of my areas i cover for work and it is very plesant compared to some of the surrouding areas - i have the complete joy of being based in Wood Green - which is a bit of a dump.. Broadwater farm is also one of my estates - i dont go the up there without my AK...

You do have Shopping City, though..

Yeah - it is great round here - there's a few hoodlums around the Hornsey estates, but on the whole it's a grand place to live. I've got an office here as well so I never leave. If you believe everything that's written in the Crouch End Journal, you'd never go outside for fear of being murdered tho ..