You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mellor, Kromkamp, Flo, Neill etc

dave u

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez what a contrast with last summer - almost total success with our targets, all of whom look mustard, and offloaded most of us surplus squad players.

Shame about TBM but its hard to see him getting any sort of run of games with that sort of competition - all the best to him.

I've adapted to the idea of Bellamy so I suppose I can get used to Lucas 'Fucking Cunt' Neill - if Carra puts up with him anyone can.

Good luck to Mellor. He will always have the Arsenal goal and Olympiakos performance to look back on. If he can get a bit more mobile through playing regular games I think he can do a job in the premiership

Hopefully Preston keep hold of Nugent as those 2 would work well together I reckon.

Thanks for the info

No mention of Kewell to Spurs then Dave or Zenden ?

That was bullshit from the offing.

Don't think both will be here past next summer though.

EDIT: Dave, quick question. Do you know what the hold up has been with Kromkamps move to PSV? It's been on the cards for about a month or so. He's been reported to have gone to Holland quite a few times (not only for Internationals either).

Diao if you had four like him in your defence then no fucker would score a goal

He will be switching the lights off at midnight on the day his contract expires and good look to him, its not his fault he was signed on the contract he was signed on.

He's not the only one either there was that fella at Chelsea who was getting 50k a week and never played.

Fowler at Man city still being paid by Leeds

Its not the players fault, how many of us would be in a rush to go from 50k a week to say 500 if he's lucky he can sign a bosman in Jan :)

Like others I just hope that TBM gets a long run of matches, staying injury free and therefore able to prove himself. All the best to him. It'd be nice to see him playing at Anfield one day - if only for Dave's benefit, if no-one else's.

I think i will take good memories from all 3. - Mellor mainly for his goal against Arsenal, Pongolle for that turn he did leaving 2 Arsenal players in his wake and Kromkamp for his Cup Final display, which although he wasnt superb he came on in difficult circumstances and gave us an outlet on the right.

Shame about Mellor as its always nice to see a young lad ccome through the ranks to make it but he is well down the order and good luck to him at Preston.

He did himself proud almost every time he played for the team; that's something he can always look back on.

He'll get goals wherever he is and in a weird kind of way I hope we can look back on this sale in a few years still with a few doubts about whether it was the right thing to do or not.