You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The weather

DT

4 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

You can take your pick up here there are dozens of them. Green sea white sand. You cant go in the water mind you will freeze to death in 30 secs.

You absolutely can go into the water. I had a 20 minute dip in Loch Diabaig in summer 1995. Don't get me wrong, it was bloody chilly, but I'm still here, so I'm fairly confident I didn't freeze to death.

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

You absolutely can go into the water. I had a 20 minute dip in Loch Diabaig in summer 1995. Don't get me wrong, it was bloody chilly, but I'm still here, so I'm fairly confident I didn't freeze to death.

I thought so too. I'm trying to learn sea kayaking and the guy that sold me the wetsuit said i did not need a thick one up here like surfers. They are in the water the whole time I'm in a boat so focus on mobility. I agreed till I fell in. Fuck me its cold

37 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I thought so too. I'm trying to learn sea kayaking and the guy that sold me the wetsuit said i did not need a thick one up here like surfers. They are in the water the whole time I'm in a boat so focus on mobility. I agreed till I fell in. Fuck me its cold

Fucking hell T is their anything you haven't done? You wanna hope Steven Spielberg doesn't read this forum, he'll nick your escapades and turn them into a Hollywood blockbuster.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking hell T is their anything you haven't done? You wanna hope Steven Spielberg doesn't read this forum, he'll nick your escapades and turn them into a Hollywood blockbuster.

Nah trust me i am the worlds worst kayaker. i nearly drowned in the local pool. I bought a Kayak I thought I would just stick in in my garage, should have measured it 1st

• 2 weeks later...

Its fucking shite.  And to think people were moaning about the cold a couple of weeks ago.  Give me blue skies and freezing temperatures instead of this fucking shite of wind & rain.  Its actually fucking depressing. I've not left the house in the past two days because its been so shit. Chritsmas Eve was also wank, rain in winter should just fuck off.  Plus its killing loads of Pengiuns in the antarctic as well.

On 28/12/2023 at 14:38, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m enjoying how mild it is, to be honest. The horrid cold of winter is on it’s way. 

And it’s here. My living room has been like a walk-in fridge since yesterday. 

I'm as miserable as Mook about the cold, man. Fucking hate it.   

12 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

And it’s here. My living room has been like a walk-in fridge since yesterday. 

I'm as miserable as Mook about the cold, man. Fucking hate it.   

I took a couple of Cocodamol last night which always knock me out. I must have thrown the duvet off while I was asleep and woke up this morning fucking freezing.

Cold in my bones, I'm still bloody cold.

22 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

I took a couple of Cocodamol last night which always knock me out. I must have thrown the duvet off while I was asleep and woke up this morning fucking freezing.

Cold in my bones, I'm still bloody cold.

Cold in the bones is right. PJ bottoms tucked in thermal socks, t-shirt, jumper, dressing gown, leccy heater and a blanket and I finally start warming up a bit. 

I could go upstairs where it’s warmer, but then I’d have nothing to moan about. I like to do my living in the living room.