You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team v Manure

m0e

---------------Reina

------Finnan Carra Sami JAR

Gerrard Hamman Sissoko Kewell

--------------Garcia

--------Crouch/Morientes

Bench - Dudek, Traore, Kromkamp, Cisse, Moro/Alonso (if fit)

Thats how i think he'll start.

Maybe Cisse for Garcia, but on the right wing.

I'd hate a fucking replay...

Common Redmen! - Let's beat this shite!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the entire team picks itself apart from up front with the question of who partners Crouch. As Robbie's ineligible, I'd have Nando or Lil' Luis, but probably the latter for his goals and mobility.

Reina

Finnan Sami Carra JAR

Gerrard Big Mo Xabi Kewell

Lil' Luis Crouchinho

Reina

Finnan-Carra-Hyypiä-Riise

Gerrard-Sissoko-Alonso-Kewell

Crouch-Morientes

That team of course depends on Xabi getting a game. Perhaps Rafa decides against using him tomorrow(not fully recovered from that knock), which complicates matters.

Finnan-Carra-Sami-Djimi

Kewell-Gerrard-Didi-Riise

I don't fancy the Momo-Didi combo, and would move Gerrard in if Xabi doesn't play. If García is fit to start, he could play on the right if Gerrard is moved in.

Imo all the other combos look weaker than the one with Xabi playing. Let's hope he's fit and raring to go.

Give Mori another go, I reckon he will start putting them away in the next games. If you see the two headers were just off target by a few cm.

I agree, I've noticed how Morientes the last few games has never stopped working for the ball and puts himself about all the time. He wins more balls than Crouch does. Apart from scoring I think Morientes has played well and he caused Arsenal big problems in the week. He's not another Heskey, he's shown worldwide he scores for fun - patience.

I agree, I've noticed how Morientes the last few games has never stopped working for the ball and puts himself about all the time. He wins more balls than Crouch does. Apart from scoring I think Morientes has played well and he caused Arsenal big problems in the week. He's not another Heskey, he's shown worldwide he scores for fun - patience.

I agree. He is near.

I think the entire team picks itself apart from up front with the question of who partners Crouch. As Robbie's ineligible, I'd have Nando or Lil' Luis, but probably the latter for his goals and mobility.

Reina

Finnan Sami Carra JAR

Gerrard Big Mo Xabi Kewell

Lil' Luis Crouchinho

That's my pick too, only I would let Lil' Luis and Kewell do the flanks allowing Gerrard to push in more central, maybe even linking Crouch and Big Mo/Xabi (depending on how much our central midfield is put under preassure).

Really? I must admit I'll be surprised to see him anywhere near scoring tomorrow, never mind actually doing it.

But then again I don't fancy our chances this time around.

funny I feel the same, I think our lack of a true goalscorer up front could hurt us tomorrow...hoping I'm wrong big time

Reina

Finnan Carra Sami Riise

Sissoko Alonso

Cisse Gerrard Kewell

Crouch

I'd play that team. It has three mobile and threatening players off Crouch. I don't think we've seen a strike partnership develop this season, and too often Crouch and his partner are not on the same wavelength for knockdowns. So I'd be tempted to go with 3 players behind Crouchy. With three in there I feel there is more chance of us retaining possession high up the pitch, and the threat to Man Utd will come from all angles.

Sissoko and Alonso playing in front of the defence will give us good protection, and if Alonso is fit and has his passing boots on, he will be able to ping it left, right and straight to our attacking players. (If Alonso is not fit then Hamann comes in).

I fancy a Gerrard 20-yarder tomorrow too.

Reina

Finnan Carra Sami Riise

Sissoko Alonso

Cisse Gerrard Kewell

Crouch

I'd play that team. It has three mobile and threatening players off Crouch. I don't think we've seen a strike partnership develop this season, and too often Crouch and his partner are not on the same wavelength for knockdowns. So I'd be tempted to go with 3 players behind Crouchy. With three in there I feel there is more chance of us retaining possession high up the pitch, and the threat to Man Utd will come from all angles.

Sissoko and Alonso playing in front of the defence will give us good protection, and if Alonso is fit and has his passing boots on, he will be able to ping it left, right and straight to our attacking players. (If Alonso is not fit then Hamann comes in).

I fancy a Gerrard 20-yarder tomorrow too.

What knock downs? Crouch doesn't seem to be able to direct his headers especially under pressure and he is so weak!!

Reina

Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Riise

Gerrard-Hamann/Alonso-Sissoko-Kewell

Morientes-Crouch

Defence picks itself, so does the midfield if Alonso is fit go for him, otherwise Hamann. Strikers are trickier, but so long as we play two up and not the shitey 5 in midfield I'll be happy. Garcia and Cisse to come on in the second half (if needed).

I'm going for 2-1 Morientes and Kewell for us, fake Ronaldo on a shitey scramble from a corner that shouldn't even have been a corner for them.

Nervous already though.

Reina

Finnan-Carra-Hyypia-Riise

Gerrard-Hamann/Alonso-Sissoko-Kewell

Morientes-Crouch

Defence picks itself, so does the midfield if Alonso is fit go for him, otherwise Hamann. Strikers are trickier, but so long as we play two up and not the shitey 5 in midfield I'll be happy. Garcia and Cisse to come on in the second half (if needed).

I'm going for 2-1 Morientes and Kewell for us, fake Ronaldo on a shitey scramble from a corner that shouldn't even have been a corner for them.

Nervous already though.

I'd go with that side too.

I've got a good feeling about this game so I'm going to go for 1-0 (Crouch).

Finnan-Carra-Sami-Djimi

Kewell-Gerrard-Didi-Riise

I don't fancy the Momo-Didi combo, and would move Gerrard in if Xabi doesn't play. If García is fit to start, he could play on the right if Gerrard is moved in.

I hope he doesn't pick that team. I think he should stick with Riise at left back from now on, with Kewell in front of him.

I think Momo/Didi would be fine as Didi would sit back let Momo do all the chasing. Momo and Gerrard could switch round during the game, and if he goes with Garcia on the right from the start, our three midfielders would completely control the game imo.

Also, the idea in theory of Crouch on his own with 3 supporting players looks good. But it never bloody works, does it?!? I'd go for Moro in that roll instead.

PS - It seems as though Xabi will be rested.