You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn

Nunavut Patrick

I think Morientes is fit again, Cisse has been playing well for France and Gerrard is out. I'd start with:

Reina

Finnan Carragher Hyypia Warnock

Pongolle Sissoko Alonso Zenden

Garcia Cisse

The aerial battle won't work with the dogs from Blackburn. Play it on the floor and attack them from the off on the deck at a fast tempo.

3 points is a must. As it happens one of my good mates is from Blackburn and we'll be having our usual tenner on it.

Last week he was back home. On the sunday they had a black pudding competition in his town, how class is that. All hell broke loose early evening after one black pudding man had had enough of another black pudding man. Anyway a 20 man brawl ensued to find the undisputed king of black puddings.

Is Kewell fit to start?

I'd be tempted to rest Crouch for this one. If Morientes and Cisse are both fit I'd consider starting with those two up top, with Pongolle and Garcia/Kewell on the wings. Alonso and Sissoko in the middle, of course. Back five picks itself.

Is Kewell fit to start?

I'd be tempted to rest Crouch for this one. If Morientes and Cisse are both fit I'd consider starting with those two up top, with Pongolle and Garcia/Kewell on the wings. Alonso and Sissoko in the middle, of course. Back five picks itself.

I want to see Moro prove himself, he is a class player. Kewell is not fit, and won't be for about a month Hiddink said.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Morientes myself (at least not on the basis of what he's done for us so far), but I think Crouch might need a rest. Doubt he'll get one though. I can us lining up the usual way to be honest, and if we don't it'll probably be Morientes that comes into the side, not Cisse.

Believe me, I'm no fan of Morientes myself (at least not on the basis of what he's done for us so far), but I think Crouch might need a rest. Doubt he'll get one though. I can us lining up the usual way to be honest, and if we don't it'll probably be Morientes that comes into the side, not Cisse.

Morientes and Crouch up front will be the last straw for me. :wallbutt:

Think we must play 442 with Cisse and Crouch/Morientes otherwise confidence will start to ebb away. Also Xabi should be used more as a playmaker rather than a holding midfielder.

Even if Sissoko plays he won't be holding, he will be box to box as he has energy. I feel Xabi will stay back from now on whoever plays with him.

3 points is a must. As it happens one of my good mates is from Blackburn and we'll be having our usual tenner on it.

Last week he was back home. On the sunday they had a black pudding competition in his town, how class is that. All hell broke loose early evening after one black pudding man had had enough of another black pudding man. Anyway a 20 man brawl ensued to find the undisputed king of black puddings.

Was Emile there then ?

We'll be bang up for this one imo, still a tough game though Blackburn are just one of them awkward teams that anyone would happily take a scrappy 1-0 win against. Alonso will be fresh, I think he'll start Cisse and Crouch upfront. Got a feeling he might rest Hyypia and play Josemi as despite Finland having no chance of qualifying the wankers played Sami for 90mins on Saturday and last night.