You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought he exactly played his style. His style is to remove as much risk from a game as possible. Same as his boring, baldy prick of a mate he was playing against. Yesterday was the most predictable 0-0 going. Luckily for me I put a tenner on it. 

Looking back the 0-0 was the right call. I thought Man City would win but they are not the same. I definitely agree with you that Guardiola and Arteta play to remove risk. My point is more on Arteta as Guardiola would never ever have played that way. You are going for a title, in top place, trying to convince your players and the public you're the real deal and you have 27% possession. That's not a real team managed by a winner.

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is Chambers a centre back? Looking at Transfer Market, it says he is, I think I’ve only ever seen him for us as a left back.

Think that would be a terrible signing

He's a average fullback and not close to as good as Gomez as a CB. It needs to be a top quality ball playing CB. I think he tries to bring Inacio with him. His stat numbers are through the roof as a progressive CB. That leaves Gomez as a perfect back up to both wide CB slots

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Looking back the 0-0 was the right call. I thought Man City would win but they are not the same. I definitely agree with you that Guardiola and Arteta play to remove risk. My point is more on Arteta as Guardiola would never ever have played that way. You are going for a title, in top place, trying to convince your players and the public you're the real deal and you have 27% possession. That's not a real team managed by a winner.

Yes, but I think the principle of removing risk is the same. So guardiola would do that by controlling the ball, if his team have the ball, the other team can't score. But as soon as I knew walker wasn't playing, I knew they wouldn't take any risks to win the game, because walker is his insurance policy to the counter and they are not as good at preventing counters when he doesn't play, so they always have an extra player in more defensive spaces when walker isn't there against good opposition. So I don't believe guardiola did anything to win the game either. He just chose the path to not losing. Maintain possession, but don't commit too many players to attack to make sure they didn't lose.

That dickhead odergard said after the game the old bullshit "if you can't win the game, make sure you don't lose it". I think that was both teams yesterday before a ball was kicked. Because both managers are fucking cowards. And it's why guardiola hates us (or perhaps more accurately klopp), because klopp forces chaos into the game and he doesn't know how to stop that. The interesting thing is I also think it shows both teams aren't really looking at us as the team that can stop them winning the league. The concern for city was not to end up 4 points behind arsenal. For arsenal, it was to ensure they keep their noses in front of city and don't care they lost ground on us. Hopefully that cowardice from both managers is what ultimately helps us to the league. 

• Upvote 2

Amorim will have to deliever from day one, it will be like Rodgers all over again, fans getting restless and looking for faults if we dont keep up the pace we have been setting under the club legend Klopp. 

I have never studied his team so I have no opinion of Amorim at all, but I can see an appointment being a huge risk. 

1 minute ago, Code said:

Amorim will have to deliever from day one, it will be like Rodgers all over again, fans getting restless and looking for faults if we dont keep up the pace we have been setting under the club legend Klopp. 

Same as any manager not named Alonso. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yes, but I think the principle of removing risk is the same. So guardiola would do that by controlling the ball, if his team have the ball, the other team can't score. But as soon as I knew walker wasn't playing, I knew they wouldn't take any risks to win the game, because walker is his insurance policy to the counter and they are not as good at preventing counters when he doesn't play, so they always have an extra player in more defensive spaces when walker isn't there against good opposition. So I don't believe guardiola did anything to win the game either. He just chose the path to not losing. Maintain possession, but don't commit too many players to attack to make sure they didn't lose.

That dickhead odergard said after the game the old bullshit "if you can't win the game, make sure you don't lose it". I think that was both teams yesterday before a ball was kicked. Because both managers are fucking cowards. And it's why guardiola hates us (or perhaps more accurately klopp), because klopp forces chaos into the game and he doesn't know how to stop that. The interesting thing is I also think it shows both teams aren't really looking at us as the team that can stop them winning the league. Their concern for city was not to end up 4 points behind arsenal. For arsenal, it was to ensure they keep their noses in front of city and don't care they lost ground on us. Hopefully that cowardice from both managers is what ultimately helps us to the league. 

There's bits I agree with and bits I don't. I definitely think Guardiola went to win the game in his usual style. That style is as you say, risk averse. I just don't think he has the same players other than Foden and on the defensive side Rodri to implement it right now. De Bruyne looks slow. Haaland is non existent in an Arsenal low low block. Arteta just went full on coward and he planned it to be like that.

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

There's bits I agree with and bits I don't. I definitely think Guardiola went to win the game in his usual style. That style is as you say, risk averse. I just don't think he has the same players other than Foden and on the defensive side Rodri to implement it right now. De Bruyne looks slow. Haaland is non existent in an Arsenal low low block. Arteta just went full on coward and he planned it to be like that. It might pay off but it for me was pathetic.

I don't say it wasn't pathetic. I just think both coaches were. 

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Think that would be a terrible signing

He's an average fullback and not close to as good as Gomez as a CB. It needs to be a top quality ball playing CB. I think he tries to bring Inacio with him. His stat numbers are through the roof as a progressive CB. That leaves Gomez as a perfect back up to both wide CB slots

Luke Chambers

10 minutes ago, Code said:

I have never studied his team so I have no opinion of Amorim at all, but I can see an appointment being a huge risk. 

It depends.
Liverpool fans will give managers a lot of support and time, unless they are a snivelling little dick.

So long as whoever comes in gives people a reason to believe then most supporters are happy to.

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't say it wasn't pathetic. I just think both coaches were. 

Sorry didn't word the last bit right. I meant the approach of Arteta was pathetic. There will be loads who disagree. He got a point away there. Just for me, the optics were all wrong. 27% going for a title, that's league one stuff.

4 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Sorry didn't word the last bit right. I meant the approach of Arteta was pathetic. There will be loads who disagree. He got a point away there. Just for me, the optics were all wrong. 27% going for a title, that's league one stuff.

For me there are lots of ways to be a coward. That's one of them. Guardiola displayed another.

And to be fair, optics are not what wins titles. Points do. We'll know at the end of the season if it was 2 points dropped or 1 gained. 

5 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It depends.
Liverpool fans will give managers a lot of support and time, unless they are a snivelling little dick.

So long as whoever comes in gives people a reason to believe then most supporters are happy 

Yes thats the norm.

Times are changing though, and rapidly, both for football in general and the younger fanbase. 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Him or Beck?  Not quite yet for either methinks. 

Oh I agree, I was thinking Lee was confused with Callum Chambers. Some epic misunderstandings going on haha

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

For me there are lots of ways to be a coward. That's one of them. Guardiola displayed another.

And to be fair, optics are not what wins titles. Points do. We'll know at the end of the season if it was 2 points dropped or 1 gained. 

We will. 9 games to go. Man Utd inexplicably and explicably is our crunch one. What I do know is if you're willing to take that big of a backward step on your managers orders that doesn't feed well for me down the line. 

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

We will. 9 games to go. Man Utd inexplicably and explicably is our crunch one. What I do know is if you're willing to take that big of a backward step on your managers orders that doesn't feed well for me down the line. 

I think players happily do anything their manager asks if it gets the results he says it will. 

25 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I thought Arteta was, dare I say it, a bit Mourinho-esque in his approach.

On 31/03/2024 at 20:05, Tony Moanero said:

I don’t like his hair.

On 31/03/2024 at 20:10, 3 Stacks said:

Who should manage us next, Tony?

Inzaghi for me, he’s got previous and can definitely get back to those heights. Thoughts?

• dave u changed the title to Ruben Amorim