You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: The one we never wanted to record - Jurgen Klopp is leaving

Yeah, living in Darwin with my daughter atm (monsoon time). Been here for 3 months. previously in Tasmania with my son for a year, after 47 yrs in QLD.
I'm missing Liverpool more and more. This forum is my connection, Thanks.

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just a thought on the timing, I'm wondering if we might make a last minute player purchase for the incoming manager. 

Just the way Klopp answered the question abou the timing, he said it was with regard to  'the things the club needs to do'.  Just crossed my mind that he does the interview now, not next week, when the window closes.  

I think it probably confirms we won't be signing anybody. I'm fine with that.

Can't bring myself to listen to this just yet. What a shit day yesterday. Woke up at 11am feeling like death having consumed my not inconsiderable body weight in spiced rum from the all inclusive menu in my hotel. First thing I saw was a load of texts about Klopp. Spent the rest of the say feeling like death too. Only drank water all day. Still processing it. 

14 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

That can only be true if someone on here has called you a cunt recently. 

Happy to do the honours. 

Cunt.

Happy to help. 

Thanks, you've made my day.

Yeah I knew I'd done that Americanism, but was too tired (lazy) (cba) to edit

• Upvote 1

Stu Monty nailed it for me there.  It really resonated.

It must be so dispiriting consistently drawing on your energy and passion reserves only to be foiled and miss out on the re-energising effect of winning trophies.

I do think the Karius final was on him, but outside of that, bad fortune and fraud on a grand scale have cheated the man of his just desserts.

He will always be loved on Merseyside.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, razor said:

Stu Monty nailed it for me there.  It really resonated.

It must be so dispiriting consistently drawing on your energy and passion reserves only to be foiled and miss out on the re-energising effect of winning trophies.

I do think the Karius final was on him, but outside of that, bad fortune and fraud on a grand scale have cheated the man of his just desserts.

He will always be loved on Merseyside.

Harsh Ray!  He did swiftly rectify the problem in the summer though!

On 27/01/2024 at 05:23, nimrod said:

Yeah, living in Darwin with my daughter atm (monsoon time). Been here for 3 months. previously in Tasmania with my son for a year, after 47 yrs in QLD.
I'm missing Liverpool more and more. This forum is my connection, Thanks.

IMG_0845.jpeg

I’ve decided to skip this one. It sounds like Paul’s opening was really good and heartfelt and I can imagine it would have been as he always speaks to well.  But, going by twitter, I think the chat about future managers would just annoy me with what I’m imagining was no debate and just agreement. So I’ll look forward to todays pod. But maybe in the near future there could be a pod with dissenting views on the future appointment and a good debate on what is required and who would be best?  Maybe get all your regular contributors together and see if anyone has differing views or wants a different path and get some of those together for a pod chat? If they’re all in agreement then maybe give it a miss….

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

I’ve decided to skip this one. It sounds like Paul’s opening was really good and heartfelt and I can imagine it would have been as he always speaks to well.  But, going by twitter, I think the chat about future managers would just annoy me with what I’m imagining was no debate and just agreement. So I’ll look forward to todays pod. But maybe in the near future there could be a pod with dissenting views on the future appointment and a good debate on what is required and who would be best?  Maybe get all your regular contributors together and see if anyone has differing views or wants a different path and get some of those together for a pod chat? If they’re all in agreement then maybe give it a miss….

You are quite literally the only person I know who doesn't think it should be Alonso!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, dave u said:

You are quite literally the only person I know who doesn't think it should be Alonso!

I quite like the idea of a pod with us all spending 2 hours giving Johnny shit for not wanting Xabi. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, dave u said:

And there isn’t any chance I’d want to be on the pod, and even less of a chance of you asking me. 

Im certain the club will do its due diligence anyway. They are hardened businessmen and will not risk their investment to romance and a punt. So if it’s Alonso at the end if it then that means they think it all fits and he’s the best man for it, and so then I’ll be a lot more positive. Still very nervous, but more positive. 

22 minutes ago, Chris said:

I quite like the idea of a pod with us all spending 2 hours giving Johnny shit for not wanting Xabi. 

“La la la, I’m not listening, la la la, I’m not listening” *puts fingers in ears for 2 hours*

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic