You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Aston Villa - Saturday 20th May at 15:00

I see all this talk about the throw in, and I watched a replay today and it looks like he's miles on the pitch.

Something else that was even worse was how often Martinez was handling outside his box when he was kicking the ball out of his hands. Carried it over the line so many times but the linesman did nothing. We could all see from the Main Stand. It was blatant. 

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Not getting champions league is a failure for the players and manager we have, we'll take Europa, Dublin and not winning it last time so completing the collection as a possibility and all that bullshit because we've no choice but to take our medicine for being largely shit this season.  Europa is wank because it means your not top level its not being a snob, turning your nose up at trophies, next season we are in it I hope we win it but I'd rather by country miles be in the champions league. i fucking hate this season it's been shit.

“We will make it [the Europa League] our competition. I am not that spoiled."

Jurgen’s comment, not mine.

Well after Brighton’s 3-1 win over Southampton and our failing to put away Villa, Europa is no longer nailed on. Brighton’s goal difference improved by two, and ours stayed the same. It’s unlikely, but if we lose to Southampton by a couple of goals and Brighton score 5 in their last two games, winning them both, then they overhaul us and get Europa.

9 minutes ago, dave u said:

I see all this talk about the throw in, and I watched a replay today and it looks like he's miles on the pitch.

Something else that was even worse was how often Martinez was handling outside his box when he was kicking the ball out of his hands. Carried it over the line so many times but the linesman did nothing. We could all see from the Main Stand. It was blatant. 

I’ve said it elsewhere - these cunts pick and choose which rules they want to enforce, as it suits them. Only goalie I’ve ever seen penalised for this was Pepe Reina. Only goalie I’ve ever seen penalised for holding the ball too long is Mignolet, albeit in Europe 

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

Well after Brighton’s 3-1 win over Southampton and our failing to put away Villa, Europa is no longer nailed on. Brighton’s goal difference improved by two, and ours stayed the same. It’s unlikely, but if we lose to Southampton by a couple of goals and Brighton score 5 in their last two games, winning them both, then they overhaul us and get Europa.

It's the hope that kills you.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

There is two places in the league for Europa after cup winners qualified for champs league 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain said:

And there you have it. To me that looks fine.

You must have fucking good eyesight or a very HD phone.  All I'm seeing there is a blurry smudge near the line which might be someone about to take a throw-in, taking a throw-in or having just taken a throw-in.

4 hours ago, dave u said:

Yes that Martinez stuff was fucking annoying as well. 

What's the point in the linesman anymore if he will not call either foul throws and the keeper handling the ball outside the box?

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

That is not a foul throw,

image.png

Thats not him playing for Villa either.

It's a foul throw when he steps on to the pitch with his right foot before he releases the ball. 

51 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You must have fucking good eyesight or a very HD phone.  All I'm seeing there is a blurry smudge near the line which might be someone about to take a throw-in, taking a throw-in or having just taken a throw-in.

He has released the ball, you can see it in the air.

It’s obviously much clearer on TV, which is where I’ve seen it several times. 

14 minutes ago, Code said:

Thats not him playing for Villa either.

It's a foul throw when he steps on to the pitch with his right foot before he releases the ball. 

It is a foul throw if either foot is clear of the touchline when he releases the ball. Any part of the front foot counts.