You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Crime

Bjornebye

14 hours ago, Strontium said:

Unfortunately if you criminalise an entire market, criminals will take over that market, and you get tragedies like these.

We could end drug crime overnight, but nobody will do it.

It's a fair point. The Lib dems have certainly got the most progressive joined up thinking proposals on the British drug epidemic from the three main political parties. What's been tried and tried before certainly hasn't worked.

2 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

They've arrested the fella who got shot.

He's out on licence apparently and will be going back to jail to serve the rest of his sentence when he leaves hospital.

There’s been loads of calls for him to be charged with manslaughter and joint enterprise offences for his involvement in the child’s death. 

I can’t see him being charged with a single thing. At best, maybe perverting the course of justice. But, it’ll be hard to prove in court that he knows who shot him and is refusing to give up their details. Plus, the offence requires an act to be committed. Failing to give a name is more an omission and probably wouldn’t meet the requirements of the offence. 

He’s been a morally abhorrent fucker, but it’s doubtful that he’s broken any laws. 

The problem is there's so much money to be made.

It's like whackamole. They can shut one crime gang down, but because crime/drugs are so lucrative another one will take it's place.

I have no idea what the answer is but perhaps making the punishment fit the crime might be a start.

Harsher sentences with no early release for example, but even that probably wouldn't have much effect because these people just don't give a fuck.

Every time I look at the Echo website there are pictures of 3 or 4 fat, bald, interchangeable cunts who are being given extremely long sentences for drug offences, but as you say, the money involved means there will always be more.

The problem is there's so much money to be made.

It's like whackamole. They can shut one crime gang down, but because crime/drugs are so lucrative another one will take it's place.

I have no idea what the answer is but perhaps making the punishment fit the crime might be a start.

Harsher sentences with no early release for example, but even that probably wouldn't have much effect because these people just don't give a fuck.

There's tougher sentencing and also making sure these dregs dont benefit from their crimes.

Im talking rigourous enforcement of Proceed of Crime Act and the likely tangled web they go through to hide the stuff they have. You know, the car, house, holiday home, expensive watches, anything etc in the wife or partner's name so it cant be touched.

Fuck that shit, it's obvious where the money's come from to buy all those things.

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Every time I look at the Echo website there are pictures of 3 or 4 fat, bald, interchangeable cunts who are being given extremely long sentences for drug offences, but as you say, the money involved means there will always be more.

How many of them are big hitters though?

Merseyside police to me seem to be more a crowd control operation. They turf up in matrix vans and chase a bunch of BMX scallies away from a swing park then call it a night. 

When they do collar drug dealers they're virtually always low level. 

There's probably only a handful of people pulling all the strings, they probably don't even live in Liverpool, they'll be in Frodsham or some shit with connections in Holland. If you take them out, at the very least you'll disrupt things until another big player emerges. 

45 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

There’s been loads of calls for him to be charged with manslaughter and joint enterprise offences for his involvement in the child’s death. 

I can’t see him being charged with a single thing. At best, maybe perverting the course of justice. But, it’ll be hard to prove in court that he knows who shot him and is refusing to give up their details. Plus, the offence requires an act to be committed. Failing to give a name is more an omission and probably wouldn’t meet the requirements of the offence. 

He’s been a morally abhorrent fucker, but it’s doubtful that he’s broken any laws. 

Unless they think he's the cunt who shot the 28 year old woman and that's why he was targeted? 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

How many of them are big hitters though?

Merseyside police to me seem to be more a crowd control operation. They turf up in matrix vans and chase a bunch of BMX scallies away from a swing park then call it a night. 

When they do collar drug dealers they're virtually always low level. 

There's probably only a handful of people pulling all the strings, they probably don't even live in Liverpool, they'll be in Frodsham or some shit with connections in Holland. If you take them out, at the very least you'll disrupt things until another big player emerges. 

Bit harsh on the police, I dont think they clear some scallies on a shift then think their work is done. There's another thread on here 'Police are cunts.'

Yes, we know there are some who get off on the authority not to mention misogyny and worse. But we've turned into a society where generally we expect the bizzies to crack down on name calling on social media never mind bog standard law enforcement like dragging some fucking eco warriors off the road so people can get to work, appointments and relatives etc.

No one likes being stopped or booked by them but loads of people think they should be allowed to get off with shit while the other fella should be the one locked up.

4 hours ago, Section_31 said:

There needs to be a real crackdown on organised crime. It seems that when criminal 'gangs' get put away it's the low level nobodies because they're the low hanging fruit.

We need some kind of British FBI, and I don't mean the national crime squad or whatever they're called, we need a civil service-based organisation that's comprised of top people who're insulated from the police and police culture. 

We also need some kind of RICO act where you can scoop up people just for being associated with the gang, even if they themselves aren't connected to a specific crime. 

I am the law.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

There's tougher sentencing and also making sure these dregs dont benefit from their crimes.

Im talking rigourous enforcement of Proceed of Crime Act and the likely tangled web they go through to hide the stuff they have. You know, the car, house, holiday home, expensive watches, anything etc in the wife or partner's name so it cant be touched.

Fuck that shit, it's obvious where the money's come from to buy all those things.

Doesn't work and has never worked.

We've been trying prohibition for 100 years and it's achieved fuck all.

The war on drugs is a moral crusade started as a religious/racist crusade by the Americans and forced upon the rest of the world.

It has achieved absolutely fuck all other than to increase the violence and demonise the users.

Take a look at Switzerland and Portugal, it's not all rosey in the garden but they've actually seen massive improvements AND a reduction in usage.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Chairman Meow said:

Doesn't work and has never worked.

We've been trying prohibition for 100 years and it's achieved fuck all.

The war on drugs is a moral crusade started as a religious/racist crusade by the Americans and forced upon the rest of the world.

It has achieved absolutely fuck all other than to increase the violence and demonise the users.

Take a look at Switzerland and Portugal, it's not all rosey in the garden but they've actually seen massive improvements AND a reduction in usage.

Fair points. Along with Stronts, fair points.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

We also need some kind of RICO act where you can scoop up people just for being associated with the gang, even if they themselves aren't connected to a specific crime. 

Read that back. Think about the kind of people who would use it, and how they’d misuse it. Then commence punching yourself until common sense has returned.

The Borg won’t stay on Deck 16.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Read that back. Think about the kind of people who would use it, and how they’d misuse it. Then commence punching yourself until common sense has returned.

The Borg won’t stay on Deck 16.

It seems to work in the States though, it helped bring down the mob.

Absolute waste of space...

Officers confirmed the man arrested will be further questioned in connection with the murder. The ECHO previously reported, in 2018, that Nee led police on a 125mph chase.

He was jailed for 45 months after admitting two counts of burglary, two counts of theft of a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, driving without insurance and driving whilst disqualified. Police linked Nee with a string of burglaries across Cheshire.

A court heard that due to the excessive speeds and dangerous driving by the group, officers decided to withdraw from the pursuit, but they continued to monitor the men from above in the police helicopter. The men eventually came to a stop in Huyton, where all three of them abandoned their vehicle and fled the scene

8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Doesn’t say anything about it being related that I can see? Just one fella saying it’s something that happens similar to what the they talk about in that thread unless I’m missing something? 

Read it again. Also naming the cunt that ran in etc in subsequent posts. 

2 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Read it again. Also naming the cunt that ran in etc in subsequent posts. 

I only read the last page where the shooting was first mentioned. Any particular page I should be looking at? I'm not reading 490 pages 

8 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Another day in paradise...

IMG_20220825_140513.jpg

I remember bringing an ex up from Southsea years back. Got home on the friday and granada reports happened to be on the telly. "Shooting, stabbing, armed robbery and someone kidnapped" whereas the top story down there (Meridian) is usually some cunt wins best garden 

On 23/08/2022 at 16:57, Bjornebye said:

Some fella on Reddit said that older gangsters used to self police the rest of the scum. I think if this little cunt gets caught and dealt with by them, made an example of then it will be a far better deterrent than getting sent down. 

I've read similar about gangs. Back in the day if you asked a boss for  gun you'd be told to fuck off.

The problem we have now is all the older generation of drug dealers are in jail so their kids or younger brothers are now taking up the reigns. Each generation is more violent than the previous as there's no older guard to keep them in line etc.

You see 16 year olds these days running county lines. It's a mix of a decade of tory rule which has ruined kids education, a massive increase in poverty and lack of opportunity. An awful mix which is probably why more kids are seeing crime as a better option than education and a career.

It's sad as they themselves will have a shit life consisting of violence, a period of having money and inevitable jail. The general public take a lot of the fallout through being caught up in crime like theft or this shooting for example.