You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

I can’t get my head around how we’ve gone from being the club who were light years ahead in all departments on and off the pitch (apart from unlimited funds) to going back to the shit show of how we were set up pre and early days of FSG. 

Stand still, go backwards.

Kloppo has performed miracles with this squad but the dam has broken.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I wonder how the transfer trend and the rise of FIFA Ultimate teams correlates.

Wouldn’t surprise me. I see Sky are now advertising “A major behind the scenes show about deadline day”.  And then you think about that Scottish bloke and his yellow deadline day tie. All the virgins will be wanking themselves blind with excitement. It’s all so pathetic. 

25 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. I see Sky are now advertising “A major behind the scenes show about deadline day”.  And then you think about that Scottish bloke and his yellow deadline day tie. All the virgins will be wanking themselves blind with excitement. It’s all so pathetic. 

After the transfer day purple dildo, how are can this go?

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

We aren't half leaving ourselves a lot of work to do in one window now.

Far from ideal trying to integrate what surely has to 2 or 3 new players into a unit in same area of park all at same time and them all settling/adapting at same time too.

Maybe we only get one new player, Morton recalled, Bajectic integrated further. Keep the same crew barring Keita, Oxlade and Milner. Maybe we’re wrongly assuming the club will actually sign the 3 to 4 players we need. I don’t think we will.

7 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Maybe we only get one new player, Morton recalled, Bajectic integrated further. Keep the same crew barring Keita, Oxlade and Milner. Maybe we’re wrongly assuming the club will actually sign the 3 to 4 players we need. I don’t think we will.

Well in that case we will deserve the slide into mediocrity that will inevitably follow.

At the barest minimum we desperately need two high quality midfielders (I'd actually say 3 but can't see us doing it) we all know what sort of characterisitics/skills they need to have...

I'd also argue we need a centre half - maybe not someone who walks into first eleven straight away, but certainly someone who can come in and be ready to do so and be ready to step up over coming year/s.

Anything less than the above IMHO is simply not going to be enough.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Well in that case we will deserve the slide into mediocrity that will inevitably follow.

At the barest minimum we desperately need two high quality midfielders (I'd actually say 3 but can't see us doing it) we all know what sort of characterisitics/skills they need to have...

I'd also argue we need a centre half - maybe not someone who walks into first eleven straight away, but certainly someone who can come in and be ready to do so and be ready to step up over coming year/s.

Anything less than the above IMHO is simply not going to be enough.

I agree with every word you say. We need that as a minimum. Could also argue with getting a right back plus a right sided forward. None of that is going to happen.

If by some miracle we get Bellingham, there is no more money left. Better use those imaginary funds and get more bang for the buck as it were.

We’ve already fallen into mediocrity, no one saw this coming. Oh we did, Jurgen did and we did fuck all. 
See you in the summer thread, that’ll be painful. First one to post Bellingham in a Madrid shirt needs leathering.

1 minute ago, Harry Squatter said:

Sander Berge going to Newcastle and Shelvey going to Forest. 

There will be a few leaked stories on Twitter over the next few days about how Liverpool monitored Berge for 3 years but decided not to bid for him.

You’ve got that wrong to a degree, it’ll be more like Liverpool will continue to monitor to see if he’s got the right stuff to play for a big club. A real big club. Need to see if he can really cut it before we stick a liver bird on his chest. 

We haven’t recovered since getting bullied by Fulham at the start of the season. We’d beat city the week before and thought we’d steamroller the league. The 1st team to stand up to us put us into a sulk and the players just haven’t been arsed ever since.

Theres no consequences for shit performances as they know they’ll be back in the team after a week out and can phone it in again.

The managers backed them but his terrible tactics and unwillingness to change haven’t helped his cause. These players have lost their hunger and a massive boot up the arse is needed via selling 1 or 2 of the big names to shake the squad up. 

Loyalty only stretches so far in this game. Kill or be killed Juergen 

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

You’ve got that wrong to a degree, it’ll be more like Liverpool will continue to monitor to see if he’s got the right stuff to play for a big club. A real big club. Need to see if he can really cut it before we stick a liver bird on his chest. 

And pay £65m for him. After we sell someone of course.

1 minute ago, Freddo said:

I agree with every word you say. We need that as a minimum. Could also argue with getting a right back plus a right sided forward. None of that is going to happen.

If by some miracle we get Bellingham, there is no more money left. Better use those imaginary funds and get more bang for the buck as it were.

We’ve already fallen into mediocrity, no one saw this coming. Oh we did, Jurgen did and we did fuck all. 
See you in the summer thread, that’ll be painful. First one to post Bellingham in a Madrid shirt needs leathering.

Just clinging to hope that Klopp knows what he needs and will ensure we get it.....all we can do.

Feels like we are taking a big gamble way we are sitting - this next window is i think it is fair to say massive for this football club.

The months ahead and whether we get top 4 or not also feel pivotal - you can hear the 'we can't go after our original targets because we have lost european cup footy' excuses already if we do indeed miss out.

Feels like we are at a crossroads and the competition is stronger than ever, and more ambitious than ever - we better have one frigging hell of a plan.

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

And pay £65m for him. After we sell someone of course.

Spot on. Thick cunts they are. Nunes deal will show it further, pay a hefty premium as we continue to watch to see if he’s good enough, when all the while he’s been average as fuck in this league. Rudderless, clueless and hopeless. All of them.

Just now, Red74 said:

We haven’t recovered since getting bullied by Fulham at the start of the season. We’d beat city the week before and thought we’d steamroller the league. The 1st team to stand up to us put us into a sulk and the players just haven’t been arsed ever since.

Theres no consequences for shit performances as they know they’ll be back in the team after a week out and can phone it in again.

The managers backed them but his terrible tactics and unwillingness to change haven’t helped his cause. These players have lost their hunger and a massive boot up the arse is needed via selling 1 or 2 of the big names to shake the squad up. 

Loyalty only stretches so far in this game. Kill or be killed Juergen 

Most of them have been comfy for 4 years knowing that there is no one to come in to take their places. 

I'd sell Salah and Fabinho, maybe Matip as well. Not sure how much they would get but all 3 are high earners so the mingebags will be made up to get them off the books. 

This should have been done gradually but some players have been here too long and now everything needs rebuilding all at once.