You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont think we are even in for him. The fee is fucking bonkers for that type of player, if Bellingham is genuinely a player we think we can get I dont see us spending that amount on another midfielder. Surely that Brighton lad is the more realistic option.

spot on.  Come on home Adam, we’ve missed you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

You have to respect Indy, for anyone else the novelty would've worn off when everyone realised he was a wum, but he just carries on.

He's generally fairly accurate though isn't he? 

I only started following him in the summer, and I know he tweets alot of shite, like claiming he's having lunch with high up officials in arsenal, but his transfer stuff doesn't be too far from the truth. 

43 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Yeah I'm sure we'll be spending 230 million on two midfielders this year!

Probably not £230m but it sounds like the supposed £130m for Bellingham hasn't put us off and I could see us spending upwards of £50m on another this summer if we are going after Thurman or Caciedo.

Could still be close to £200m on two. 

Having already spent £200m this year, one big reason why the club are looking around for investment/sale now.

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I only started following him in the summer, and I know he tweets alot of shite, like claiming he's having lunch with high up officials in arsenal, but his transfer stuff doesn't be too far from the truth. 

The most accurate one I have seen is LFC Approved

What's the total fee for Gakpo  being reported as, Sunday night I thought it was about 35-37 mill upfront about 50 mill all in.

If it is that then based on our last 3 big signings the sweet spot for upfront fee vs addons seems to be roughly 75%-25%.

Carvalho as a 4th signing would be an outlier on 35% but when you add them all up we still come in with a rough 75%-25% split.

27 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

He was the only one that called the Gakpo transfer, although he said it would be next summer.