You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When the goal went in, the commentator said that Bowen had just won the cup for West Ham and Mrs O'T screamed "FUCK OFF YOU CUNT!"

She's still scarred by 2006.

hahahahahaha

9 minutes ago, Butch said:

Brilliant for them. Some right miserable cunts on here. 

Why would people want to be happy for a club who large swathes of their fans call us murderers etc....who come to anfield and chant 'sign on' 'always the victim' etc and sing God Save The Queen/King at us...?

I've been away to West Ham too and been pelted with coins etc as well as (like they do at chelsea) had the stupid twats waving £20/£50 notes at us.

And not to mention that bitter fuck Moyes.

Fuck them.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Yeah, pleased for Moyes.  And it’s a big trophy. Don’t be football snobs and look down on trophies just because we support a “big club”. Those fans will be talking about this night for the rest of their lives. 

Hope we never need to compete for it, but this season has shown how quickly things can go on a downward spin. 

We were on course to be playing in this tournament next season just over a month ago, and we aren't exactly dining at the top table so I won't be belittling it and if we ever find ourselves falling this far then I hope we win the thing. 

I like the idea of it, gives the so called smaller clubs their moment of glory and that's what the sport should be about, not just acting as fluffers for the big boys. 

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Fair fucks to Moyes and West Ham. 

Ive got a couple of very close friends that are life long Boiled Ham supporters and I am happy for them > Personally I hate this fucking competition with UEFA milking the last few shekels from the game. We already had CL light with Europa and now we need a marathon bag of shite for the right to play in that . Get to fuck .

I watched the FA Cup Final when we played them with a good mate who’s a Hammer, he was completely gracious in defeat and got the champagne out for us. 

I wanted them to win and I’m happy for him and them. I’ll pop over and congratulate my neighbour tomorrow too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm genuinely delighted they won. On a macro level, it's great to see a club that unexpectedly found themselves in Europe actually taking it as a boon rather than a burden. Yeah, you might get relegated because of the wear and tear of a long season. Well, eventually every non-moneybags club will get sucked into the relegation maelstrom (with one exception - too soon, Dave?) How about making the most of the European experience? On a personal level, I have an oddly vivid memory of meeting a couple of West Ham fans in a pub after England played Switzerland back in 2011. The talk got to the FA Cup final back in 2006 and I braced myself for some vitriol about fackin jammy Scahrse cahnts. Nope. They were totally easy-come-easy-go about it all, which really impressed me considering it must have felt like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity missed. I'm thinking of those lads tonight. The opportunity came around for them again. I hope they fill their boots.

• Upvote 1

Fair’s fair to Moyes, he’s been through it over the years and shown some serious resilience to end up finally winning a trophy. Don’t think anyone other than him believed he ever would! His tenure at Everton was the previous high-point of his career!

He’s since endured being the butt of global humiliation during his weekly comedy masterclass in Manchester, spent an ill-fated stint as a Spanish interpreter, then slipped a pair of concrete boots on Sunderland. He couldn’t have been a more busted flush at that point, but he’s plugged away at it, kept his self-belief when he was widely something of a joke figure and finally tore the mural down.

I would have absolutely cracked up if it had gone wrong for him in the last moments; but be some serious sour grapes not to give him credit for coming back from the dead in career terms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

it’s awful. They all look they’ve been disemboweled just before putting their shirts on. 

The only saving grace is it didn't have the sponsor's name on. Apparently, UEFA regs on gambling sponsorship say you can't have it if the company doesn't operate in the country in which the match takes place.

39 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Legends.

Fuck off. Its like the charity shield

There were three European club competitions when I was a kid, and I thought it was shit when they did away with the Cup Winners’ Cup, so I don’t have a problem with the Europa Conference League. It’s a nice looking trophy. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Fair’s fair to Moyes, he’s been through it over the years and shown some serious resilience to end up finally winning a trophy. Don’t think anyone other than him believed he ever would! His tenure at Everton was the previous high-point of his career!

He’s since endured being the butt of global humiliation during his weekly comedy masterclass in Manchester, spent an ill-fated stint as a Spanish interpreter, then slipped a pair of concrete boots on Sunderland. He couldn’t have been a more busted flush at that point, but he’s plugged away at it, kept his self-belief when he was widely something of a joke figure and finally tore the mural down.

I would have absolutely cracked up if it had gone wrong for him in the last moments; but be some serious sour grapes not to give him credit for coming back from the dead in career terms.

After Sunderland he drove to Dundee in his bare feet, but he bounced back.