You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wokeism

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Woke Mob (who have really let their standards slip: in my day we had a PC Brigade, which implies a degree of order and organisation) have now got the CofE denying the existence of God's massive swinging cock.

Screenshot_2023-02-08-10-08-36-40_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

When religions collide.  

There’s a very good book by Prof Francesca Stavrakopoulou called ‘God, An Anatomy’ that’s worth a read.  Fascinating.  

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Woke Mob (who have really let their standards slip: in my day we had a PC Brigade, which implies a degree of order and organisation) have now got the CofE denying the existence of God's massive swinging cock.

Screenshot_2023-02-08-10-08-36-40_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Stop worshipping at the altar of woke will yer! 

Should get the headbangers of Gibshite News and Twat TV frothing. 

Matt Le Tissier’ll be booked in at 10pm. 

16 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I seem to be seeing more "hilariously anti-Woke" memes and TikToks doing the rounds, mostly based on misrepresentations of issues around gender and asylum. The Tories are going all out in their culture war, because keeping us angry, scared and divided is all they've got.

Unfortunately it's often all they need.

There was a vicar on at the end of question time yesterday - it turns out he was coincidentally known to tye enormous bellwhiff Matthew Syed on the panel, which already acts against him in my book - who decided it was necessary to blame “wokeness” in response to a serious question about what the police (and fire brigade - apparently there’s a local issue in Swindon affecting trust with them) must do to rebuild public trust.

go to 57:40 if you can be arsed…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j0c3

1 hour ago, Lario said:

Sorry, don't know how to do NSFW tags.

"They" used to be a normal looking, fairly handsome young man.

Outfit aside, they did an interview with Zane Lowe a while back in which they said they had to starve themselves during the early days and that at 6'2 they were always naturally bigger.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Just pointing out that "pop star dresses and acts a bit weird" isn't a modern or "woke" phenomenon.

Acting a bit weird is par for the course for pop/rock stars.

But the modern trend of "I'm batshit crazy and you all have to accept me or you'll get cancelled" bollox is....well.....bollox.

1 minute ago, Lario said:

Acting a bit weird is par for the course for pop/rock stars.

But the modern trend of "I'm batshit crazy and you all have to accept me or you'll get cancelled" bollox is....well.....bollox.

What impact does Sam Smith have on your day to day life and how much time do you spend thinking about them?

• Upvote 1