You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

4 hours ago, skend04 said:

Well, seeing how the Rwanda scheme is costing millions, has clauses to send asylum seekers back to the UK and they've had to bung £3,000 to the first set of deportees, it's really not difficult to square the circle politically.

The fella that went to Rwanda and was ga Ben £3000, went voluntarily under a totally different scheme to the government one. That hasn’t got an airline to sing up to it so nobody has been sent over on that scheme.

Heads up to anyone interested in economics and how it affects political thinking a master is on Channel 4 news tonight Joseph Stiglitz. He was on the politics show earlier this week but I missed him. Ex Professor at Colombia University (yer that one) I believe he still supports Starmer and he's always worth a listen. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stiglitz

On 01/05/2024 at 09:51, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The shithouse clique in charge of the party are making it harder and harder to vote for them.

https://www.ft.com/content/fe1608d1-3a61-43a0-9c17-2868c40821c2

Happy International Workers Day, you pointless cunts.

Beth reckons the FT may not have been completely honest.

Screenshot_2024-05-02-17-18-46-80_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Heads up to anyone interested in economics and how it affects political thinking a master is on Channel 4 news tonight Joseph Stiglitz. He was on the politics show earlier this week but I missed him. Ex Professor at Colombia University (yer that one) I believe he still supports Starmer and he's always worth a listen. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Stiglitz

He's on Question Time tonight, too.  Surprisingly high calibre of guest for that show.

59 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

He's on Question Time tonight, too.  Surprisingly high calibre of guest for that show.

I haven’t watched it but will he be allowed back? 

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The Tory on the panel didn't like it.

I particularly liked it where that Bim Afolami cunt started going on about how the Tories had brought inflation down and Stiglitz interjected with that was the markets. Superb.

• Thanks 1

He looked like Bill Duke if Bill Duke had a briefcase at school and landed some work experience at TSB.

Before he enters the commons on any given day he should have a dry shave and say 'gonna have me some fun......gonna have MEEEEE some fun."

?width=1280&height=853

b0dec66b-353e-470a-addf-95c2561e0ceb-1._

• Upvote 1

Never been a particular fan of Starmer but been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (still am, just about) but fucking hell, Elphicke, really Keir?

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

All theatre and really makes Sunak look even worse.

She won’t stand at the GE.

Then why has she bothered defecting, just to get at Sunak?

52 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

She won’t stand at the GE.

I was just wondering about that. Presumably the local CLP will have already had a good idea of who they wanted for their candidate; y'know, someone who can stand against the Tories. They're not going to rally around this twat.

https://www.indy100.com/politics/natalie-elphicke-labour-defection-dover