You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Van Dijk: I want to fulfil every dream that I have. 

TLW

Virgil Van Dijk has reflected on his Liverpool career to date as he looks ahead to the visit of his old side on Saturday.

It was a big move for the Dutchman when he arrived at the Reds from Southampton in January 2018 for £75 million and while those big money deals have a element of risk attached, it has certainly been a win-win for both parties.

Van Dijk has undeniably made the team better both with his own ability and sense of leadership of the defensive unit.

And he has certainly been able to take his game to another level winning a number of individual awards and wide recognition that he is the best defender in World Football.

Speaking about his Liverpool journey to this point, the 28 year-old said enjoying his football is a key aspect to playing good football.

The Mirror reported 'Big Virg' as saying:

"The decision I made has not been too bad, has it?”

“I’m 28. I want to fulfil every dream that I have. 

And, you know, life can be short. A career can be short as well. So I want to enjoy every bit of it.”

Despite the Reds pushing their unbeaten stretch to 41 games after their 2-0 win over West Ham on Wednesday evening, Van Dijk is living in the current moment and not looking ahead to the invincible Gunners of 2003/04.

“Of course not.

“Its too far away. We’ll just focus on Saturday. Then we have a week off and then we’ll see the rest.”

vandijk2_600.jpg

Van Dijk is looking forward to coming up against the resurgent Southampton side who currently see themselves in ninth place after an outstanding run of form with a former teammate in Danny Ings being a real catalyst and he is thrilled to see his renaissance after a torrid time with injury.

“We all know him, he’s a fantastic guy.

“When I arrived I saw the qualities he showed and he’s obviously has been a key man for their team.

“ I’m very happy for them (Southampton) that they turned it around. 

“Very happy for the club and hopefully they kick on. 

“But on Saturday we will try to win the game and try and get a really good result.

“ We have strong opponents that we’re going to play and I think our strength is that we don’t underestimate anyone. In the game of football, anything can happen.”

Despite the massive lead, Van Dijk says he sees no sign of the Reds losing focus and getting complacent as we enter the second half of the season.

"We have the right characters.

"If you look at our team we have a couple of national team captains as well so that will help.

“Everyone is needed to make sure that everyone does everything possible to win our games.

“Whether it is you needing to be hard with each other or wherever it is someone needing the hard truth in the game. If it’s necessary then they will do it. 

“And so far, so good.”

View full article

11 hours ago, TLW said:

Virgil Van Dijk has reflected on his Liverpool career to date as he looks ahead to the visit of his old side on Saturday.

It was a big move for the Dutchman when he arrived at the Reds from Southampton in January 2018 for £75 million and while those big money deals have a element of risk attached, it has certainly been a win-win for both parties.

Van Dijk has undeniably made the team better both with his own ability and sense of leadership of the defensive unit.

And he has certainly been able to take his game to another level winning a number of individual awards and wide recognition that he is the best defender in World Football.

Speaking about his Liverpool journey to this point, the 28 year-old said enjoying his football is a key aspect to playing good football.

The Mirror reported 'Big Virg' as saying:

"The decision I made has not been too bad, has it?”

“I’m 28. I want to fulfil every dream that I have. 

And, you know, life can be short. A career can be short as well. So I want to enjoy every bit of it.”

Despite the Reds pushing their unbeaten stretch to 41 games after their 2-0 win over West Ham on Wednesday evening, Van Dijk is living in the current moment and not looking ahead to the invincible Gunners of 2003/04.

“Of course not.

“Its too far away. We’ll just focus on Saturday. Then we have a week off and then we’ll see the rest.”

vandijk2_600.jpg

Van Dijk is looking forward to coming up against the resurgent Southampton side who currently see themselves in ninth place after an outstanding run of form with a former teammate in Danny Ings being a real catalyst and he is thrilled to see his renaissance after a torrid time with injury.

“We all know him, he’s a fantastic guy.

“When I arrived I saw the qualities he showed and he’s obviously has been a key man for their team.

“ I’m very happy for them (Southampton) that they turned it around. 

“Very happy for the club and hopefully they kick on. 

“But on Saturday we will try to win the game and try and get a really good result.

“ We have strong opponents that we’re going to play and I think our strength is that we don’t underestimate anyone. In the game of football, anything can happen.”

Despite the massive lead, Van Dijk says he sees no sign of the Reds losing focus and getting complacent as we enter the second half of the season.

"We have the right characters.

"If you look at our team we have a couple of national team captains as well so that will help.

“Everyone is needed to make sure that everyone does everything possible to win our games.

“Whether it is you needing to be hard with each other or wherever it is someone needing the hard truth in the game. If it’s necessary then they will do it. 

“And so far, so good.”

View full article

Blatant 'come and get me' call to Barca and Madrid that.