You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

True Matip should be playing. On form he is fantastic. Current form. 

That’s kind of what I’ve been saying all along, no?

Think Klopp persisting with Moreno when he was in good form, before Robbo made that position his. If there’s no reason to drop a player, don’t I say.

3 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

That’s kind of what I’ve been saying all along, no?

Think Klopp persisting with Moreno when he was in good form, before Robbo made that position his. If there’s no reason to drop a player, don’t I say.

So current form matters. You have judged him more capable on current form.

Ability wise, our Centre backs (excluding VVD, and also Fabinho who is actually probably 2nd best), go..

Gomez, Matip, Lovren, in that order. No slight on Lovren, the other 2 are just better. And especially, better on the ball. I truly believe if we'd have had either available for Man City in January, we wouldn't have lost. Lovren didn't do anything wrong, just the levels of the 2 teams are so high, that he was our weak link on the ball. So they targeted him all night, made him the out ball, and he couldn't pick the passes at that incredibly high level of the 2 best teams in Europe right now. Both Gomez and Matip however can do that. 

Lovren would be fine against almost all the teams we play however, perfectly good 4th choice.

On form though, Matip is far ahead of both, and will surely start the final. Been immense recently.

26 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Lovren is a better defender than Matip when they’re both fit and firing IMO. However Matip has been playing well in his absence and I don’t think he should be dropped. I don’t see how that’s such a controversial stance.

You keep talking about controversial. It isn't. It's just an opinion I strongly disagree with. I'm not sure why that's so controversial. [Insert person who agrees with me]

• Upvote 1

Tuesday team time I was saying how I didn't mind the delay to my new car (due 25th, delayed until 11 June) because I wouldn't be driving it to Madrid now anyway. A few hours later and the greatest game I've ever been to later and we're suddenly there. 

I don't care who we play, if we turn up again like we did on Tuesday then nothing will stop us. 

17 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

So current form matters. You have judged him more capable on current form.

4 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Lovren has a higher ceiling IMO. Not that controversial opinion. Matip started the season as 4th choice mate. Regardless, I think he should start the final if fit.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Higher ceiling. I wish he'd play well more than once a season, because his basement is much lower and he's often down there. I would imagine he will be off in the summer, as he won't get a look in with the clearly better, favoured players like Matip, VVD, and Gomez here. 

He had a good season last year, not just the MOTM performance in Kiev, keeping Ronaldo goalless. With all due respect mate, I think you’re letting your bias cloud your judgment on Lovren if I’m honest.

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Matip hasn’t *always* been great. He had a terrible year last year and Lovren (was very good one game aside) for the club and for his NT.

Okay, let’s just take Transfermarkt estimated value then.. Maguire is now rated at £40m+, where as both Lovren and Matip are tied at £18m.

Matip has never been 'terrible' whereas Lovren actually has. Matip's 'form' has also lasted for most of the season and in many of the most high pressure situations too. This isn't form in my book,it signifies a pretty good player.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Onkalo said:

Tuesday team time I was saying how I didn't mind the delay to my new car (due 25th, delayed until 11 June) because I wouldn't be driving it to Madrid now anyway. A few hours later and the greatest game I've ever been to later and we're suddenly there. 

I don't care who we play, if we turn up again like we did on Tuesday then nothing will stop us. 

I've no idea what this means.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

Matip has never been 'terrible' whereas Lovren actually has. Matip's 'form' has also lasted for most of the season and in many of the most high pressure situations too. This isn't form in my book,it signifies a pretty good player.

Matip has been good his entire career except for about half a season when he was injured a lot and always coming back from a knock. That short run of games is what should be judged. Not the entirety of his career, including the last year, because that's just form. Lovren had a decent game against Madrid a year ago. That's not form, that's permanent. 

Yeah. 

Just now, viRdjil said:

He had a good season last year, not just the MOTM performance in Kiev, keeping Ronaldo goalless. With all due respect mate, I think you’re letting your bias cloud your judgment on Lovren if I’m honest.

Hahahah. Okay, mate. Not you the other way around. Fuck no. 

14 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Fuck Politics Ardjo, Comedy is the one for you. Top class, top fucking class wumming.

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've no idea what this means.

I         don't       care       who       we       play,      a      few      days      ago      we      didn't       even      think     we      would      be      at      a       final. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Fuck Politics Ardjo, Comedy is the one for you. Top class, top fucking class wumming.

I don’t care much for wumming however much Grinch would like for you to believe for that to be the case mate.